AMD HD3D Get 3D in Stereoscopic Player but not TMT 5

billqs
One Eyed Hopeful

AMD HD3D Get 3D in Stereoscopic Player but not TMT 5

Post by billqs »

Title kinda tells it all. I have an HTPC powering an Acer H5360 projector using Windows 7. I get 3D using Stereoscopic Player, but not using either TMT3 w/ 3D Plugin or TMT 5. This has been the case using CCC 10.10, 10.12, and 11.1.

Originally I had an E5280 Pentium Dual Core and an ATI HD5670 card. I have 2GB of RAM. I bought the 3d plugin for my existing copy of TMT3 and kept getting anaglyph when outputting through the projector, even though it was set to 120hz and the Acer was in 3D Dlp Link mode. I could not get 3D

Finally, I downloaded the trial of Stereoscopic Player and voila, I got 3D for the same files I only got anaglyph for on TMT.

Since I need the ability to play 3DBD and Stereoscopic Player does not do that, I decided to upgrade my equipment and try the trial of TMT5 to see if that would get it to work.

I upgraded to a QuadCore E6600 and my video card to an AMD 6850. I got the same results with TMT5 that I did with 3. Only anaglyph output, but good 3D on Stereoscopic Player.

For TMT I set the output to AMDHD3D 120hz display. For Stereoscopic Player, I set the output to AMD Stereo Driver.

I have not tried PDVD10. Does anyone have some help?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: AMD HD3D Get 3D in Stereoscopic Player but not TMT 5

Post by Dom »

Hi, since you are using ati gfx card and software blu-ray 3d playback, they are using the new hdmi 1.4 frame packing method. Since you are using a vga connection to your projector and your projector does not have hdmi 1.4, the ati format for their new 6 series video cards "frame packing" does not work on vga. The reason stereoscopic player is working is because it does not use framepacking and the blu-ray 3d software like tmt 3-5 or cyberlink 3d player do not support ati 3d vga out or 3d hdmi 1.3 only "ati hdmi 1.4" and that is currently only to 3dtv's while more stuff is coming out.

The best and easiest solution is to rip and convert your blu-ray 3d movies to a stereoscopic 3d format like avi, mkv, wmv ect... using this software at this link: http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or something similar for free.

I think what i've mentioned is true but could someone else elaborate more if there is something i missed please?
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yes, Dom is correct. The H5360 is not HDMI 1.4 compatible, so it will not work with the AMD HD 3D mode on those programs (since this relies on HDMI 1.4). You have a couple of options. You can rip the Blu-Rays yourself using DVDFab and then play them with the Stereoscopic Player. You can buy an Nvidia card and 3D Vision glasses which will work on PowerDVD/TMT. Or you could wait and see if AMD gets their act together and fully supports 120Hz projectors with their driver (which I assume is partially complete, since people have been able to do this with the iz3D driver). None of the options are really ideal, but this is a common problem as the industry is in transition to a standard.
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

"The H5360 is not HDMI 1.4 compatible, so it will not work with the AMD HD 3D mode on those programs"

Sorry, this is not true. My friend tested a cheap 5450 card with acer 5360 and dalforce registry hack, and sayed that TMT3 with plugin worked as it should (with AMD HD 3D settings).
But true, i also cannot do it with my 5450. Maybe there are different cards out there?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The H5360 can only be supported with page flipping (and not frame packing), so cybereality is right when he says that it will not work with the AMD HD3D mode since it does frame packing only.

It may be possible that page flipping support has been added with certain combinations of ATI cards and drivers, but I didn't hear anything about that. Do you have some links relaxman ?
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

In settings there is:

AMD HD3D Technology
(HDMI 1.4 OR 120HZ LCD display)
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/120eo.jpg/

So it work with 120Hz display.

And yes, mine also work!
I installed win7 32 BIT, and 10.10 drivers with dalforce hack, so i have Quad Buffer even
with my dirty cheap 5450 card.
And in powerdvd with ati avivo acceleration, dualcore cpu usage is BELOW 5% for 3D MKV's.
I cannot believe it, but it's true.
So the trick is 32bit win, 10.10 driver, and registry hack.

happy watching ;)
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Ok, I've read a bit about that on the iZ3D forums and it seems that AMD HD3D consists effectively in two things : HDMI 1.4 output and quad buffer stereo with page flipping.

I don't know how applications have access to this quad buffer though, is it automatic on your machine with PowerDVD ?

Also it seems access to this buffer is limited to certain displays by checking the EDID information, but that can be overcomed by using the eDimensional dongle connected on the VGA port for example.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

relaxman wrote:In settings there is:

AMD HD3D Technology
(HDMI 1.4 OR 120HZ LCD display)
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/120eo.jpg/

So it work with 120Hz display.

And yes, mine also work!
I installed win7 32 BIT, and 10.10 drivers with dalforce hack, so i have Quad Buffer even
with my dirty cheap 5450 card.
And in powerdvd with ati avivo acceleration, dualcore cpu usage is BELOW 5% for 3D MKV's.
I cannot believe it, but it's true.
So the trick is 32bit win, 10.10 driver, and registry hack.

happy watching ;)

Can you watch blu-ray 3d movies too? I think that was the goal by billqs
to watch them on his htpc, I guess if you can watch stereo3d files then you should be able to watch 3d discs.

What button do you press to turn on the 3d in tmt 3-5 and cyblerlink powerdvd, cause I always have to press my nvidia dongle button to activate the 3d. How is it different with ati, does it automatically turn on when the movie is starting or something?

For the record htpc users might as well start ripping their blu-ray 3d movies to their harddrive for easy access. Thats what was done with dvd and bluray.

Also I found this info:

Did you allready tried to change windows registry to activate it?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001

create DALForceStereoSupport parameter

REG_DWORD
value = 1

if you have \0002,\0003... then do the same for all these keys.

After this you should restart PC.

from here: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview. ... did=141259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

"Did you allready tried to change windows registry to activate it?"

Please read what i wrote:
"I installed win7 32 BIT, and 10.10 drivers with dalforce hack, so i have Quad Buffer "

Yes, it works also with bluray 3d movies!
Only separate files are not supported in those players (?)
This work only in Stereoscopic player, but that not use ATI quad buffer, only
software pageflipping, and that run out of sync in every 2-3 minutes.

"What button do you press to turn on the 3d in tmt 3-5 and cyblerlink powerdvd"
There is a 2D button, and next to it a 3D button. As i press it TMT goes to fullscreen.
And so in powerdvd. But powerdvd is better for me, i can seek while watching 3d, change volume, etc.
This is not true in TMT3.

regards!
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

Unfortunatly this method only work in win7.
Somebody knows a player that work in XP?
It seems that under xp i cannot enable quad buffer on ati,
and with nvidia, vision is only supported by win7.
But what if i want to watch my videos in 120Hz DLP Link
method under XP?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I neither have a 120Hz monitor/projector or an AMD card, so I am just repeating stuff I've read in the forums. And seeing as you need to do this on one specific version of an operating system, with one specific old version of the video driver, and use some registry hack, well its no surprise that I thought it didn't work. I'm not even sure I would call that "supported".
Dhruvzy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dhruvzy »

Hey guys should i do this hack? i have asus vg236he and xfx 5770 :!:

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”