Error: direct3dcreate9ex with VIREio Perception

Scorpion
One Eyed Hopeful

Error: direct3dcreate9ex with VIREio Perception

Post by Scorpion »

Hi all, I hope I posted this in the correct place. The VIREio Perception subforums doesn't seem to have a place for this type of question.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 and Windows 8.1, and games run fine with it, until I start VIREio Perception. Then games give me the error "The procedure entry point direct3dcreate9ex could not be located in nvspcap.dll" (roughly translated - my computer is not English). The error pops up around four times before starting the game. Most recently I've tried it with Fallout 3.

After looking around using Google, I see the error pops up with other people using the same GPU as I do, but their problems seem driver related - mine runs fine, until I try it using VIREio Perception.

What can I do to try and experience this? I should say I have an Oculus Rift DK2 and I'm talking about the latest beta build, although I also tried running the latest stable version, and the same error occurs. But since Fallout 3 appears in the list, I guess I should see at least something working.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Error: direct3dcreate9ex with VIREio Perception

Post by cybereality »

That would sound like maybe DirectX9 is not installed (or maybe not the right version).

Can you try installing this?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Scorpion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scorpion »

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, that didn't seem to solve the problem. The error about procedure Direct3DCreate9Ex in nvspcap.dll remains the same.
yann
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by yann »

Same issue here with the nvidia 980. I am guessing the issue is with nvidia's shadowplay, streaming or 3d vision layer wrapping direct3d in a similar way to vireio itself, as the nvspcap.dll it mentions is "NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy". I experimentally uninstalled both the 3D Vision drivers and GeForce Experience, and this particular error went away. My reference game (Divinity II from GOG) then required the Vireio DLLs in its bin directory to start without error messages, but still crashes without explanation when I try to enter the game itself (it gets to the main menu). Since uninstalling only GeForce Experience didn't help, and installing only Experience broke it again, I'm guessing both 3D Vision and GeForce Experience break Vireio Perception in this manner.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”