How do I know what my convergence settings are?

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
MykC
One Eyed Hopeful

How do I know what my convergence settings are?

Post by MykC »

This is regarding Nvdia 3D Vision.

Just wondering how I can tell what my convergence settings are in a game? I can adjust the values, but I don't know what their numerical values are. Also, it would help if there was someway to enable an on screen display that gave me this information while I adjusted it for convergence and depth.
CPU / Video: i7 860 / Geforce 470
Memory / Storage: 8GB DDR3 1333 / 128GB Falcon II SSD
Monitor: Acer GD235hz + Nvidia 3D Vision
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How do I know what my convergence settings are?

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately you can't. For whatever reason Nvidia does not provide an on-screen HUD for the convergence settings. You just have to eyeball it.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

The only clue you have is to look at the display with naked eyes and see which objects are at screen depth
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

In the old nvidiastereodrivers convergence was is saved in the registry. You should be able to search it (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation... something...) in the registry. You can export parts of the registry to import when reinstalling etc... Dunno if it works just as "easy" for winvista/7 though.
And i know: Even if possible it's not really a convenient way to do it. :roll:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Likay wrote:In the old nvidiastereodrivers convergence was is saved in the registry. You should be able to search it (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation... something...) in the registry. You can export parts of the registry to import when reinstalling etc... Dunno if it works just as "easy" for winvista/7 though.
And i know: Even if possible it's not really a convenient way to do it. :roll:
it works, and it can be suprisingly easy, I can make an article but not that interested, lol

1. you make the nvidia stereo registry settings read only
2. launch the game, and try settings
3. everytime you press ctrl+F7 , convergence value is displayed onscreen, but not saved :mrgreen:

so I suppose you can alter these by launching different .reg files, like you are using presets.

-Found this by accident!!!
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”