TriDef DDD driver for 3D hardware, what is this?

venge
One Eyed Hopeful

TriDef DDD driver for 3D hardware, what is this?

Post by venge »

Hello everyone,

could you tell me what is this software and if it works well??? is it worth the cost? I was thinking about using it with my shutterglasses but i don't know if this is gonna work with them!

any additive information is welcome!!
thank you
Nvidia 8800GTX 173.68FW + 162.50 Stereo
Windows XP-32
Edimensional wired shutterglasses
SONY CPDE220 17"
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Short answer is no, they won't help for page flipping. Check out the link below.

http://www.tridef.com/display/profile/all.html
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

You really dont want those. For each game it cost $5 and thats on top of the $49 or if you pay $35 you get like 6 lol ..to me it a BIG rip off.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I'd wait till (if?? ) iz3d comes out with shutterglass drivers.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Zeblade wrote:You really dont want those. For each game it cost $5 and thats on top of the $49 or if you pay $35 you get like 6 lol ..to me it a BIG rip off.
Not really accurate Zeblade. You only need to download their software for free and purchase the license you want for $5. The tridef experience software purchase for $50 isn't required.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

ah ok ... but still $5 a game OUCH! Thank God Iz3d software is free.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

People,

you are comparing Apples with Pears ;)

The tridef drivers are needed if you have a Sammy/Mitsu DLP HDTV display (as i plan to get one now instead of a crummy overprized emagin Z800). I came to the conclusion that a 50" Sammy "3d Ready" DLP Plasma must be a kicka** 3D setup.

Problem is indeed those propriety drivers with paying on a "per game" basis. I know that older, Nvidia XP drivers work with those DLPs via registry hack. But in the latest Vista drivers it seems Nvidia disabled support for those DLPs.

I am very eager to get my hands on one of those 50" Sammys now...as well as any information in regards to drivers.

For shutters and other displays it doesnt make sense to get the tridef drivers, IMHO.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Zeblade wrote:ah ok ... but still $5 a game OUCH! Thank God Iz3d software is free.
Free for Anaglyph and for beta release dual projection. They will charge for their driver too, especially when they support more profiles. If you own an IZ3D Monitor, you are still paying for the drivers.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

pixel67 wrote:
Free for Anaglyph and for beta release dual projection. They will charge for their driver too, especially when they support more profiles. If you own an IZ3D Monitor, you are still paying for the drivers.[/quote wrote:
There is no "they will charge" its free now. You nor I have no clue as to what they will do. Even if they do guess what.. it wont be $5 a pop. And I really do hope they charge because it works for Nvidia and ATI. As of right now EVERY game runs in 3D. It does not really matter they wont hit it big in the PC games charging money for every game. END
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

flexy wrote:People,

The tridef drivers are needed if you have a Sammy/Mitsu DLP HDTV display (as i plan to get one now instead of a crummy overprized emagin Z800). I came to the conclusion that a 50" Sammy "3d Ready" DLP Plasma must be a kicka** 3D setup.

Problem is indeed those propriety drivers with paying on a "per game" basis. I know that older, Nvidia XP drivers work with those DLPs via registry hack. But in the latest Vista drivers it seems Nvidia disabled support for those DLPs.

I am very eager to get my hands on one of those 50" Sammys now...as well as any information in regards to drivers.

For shutters and other displays it doesnt make sense to get the tridef drivers, IMHO.
You would run a plasma on your pc? Ouch, i can feel the screen burn from here.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Zeblade wrote:
pixel67 wrote:
Free for Anaglyph and for beta release dual projection. They will charge for their driver too, especially when they support more profiles. If you own an IZ3D Monitor, you are still paying for the drivers.[/quote wrote:
There is no "they will charge" its free now. You nor I have no clue as to what they will do. Even if they do guess what.. it wont be $5 a pop. And I really do hope they charge because it works for Nvidia and ATI. As of right now EVERY game runs in 3D. It does not really matter they wont hit it big in the PC games charging money for every game. END
You are right. No one knows what they will do. Right now only the beta is free and only for 30 days from first use. Their was discussion in another thread about charging as much as $200 for the drivers. That is 40 games at $5 a pop. Regardless of how you pay for it, in the end it is game developers that are missing out on an additional 10% in revenue. Once they wake up and smell the $ then the industry will not depend on 3rd Party Universal drivers, just proprietary conversion of an industry standard format.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

Okta wrote:
flexy wrote:People,

You would run a plasma on your pc? Ouch, i can feel the screen burn from here.
I will be careful, i got a "burn-in" DVD to "break-in" my plasma, even if some people say perm. burn-in is no issue anymore and some say "breaking in" a plasma in nonsense.
I also got a "hack" to make the HUD eg. in WoW transparent, its barely noticeable....i will try to "break-in" the plasma the first 150 or so hours.

Besides, temp. "image retention" is not really an issue...the one you usually get rid of in a an hour just watching full screen video.
Also..the plasma i get has an option to shift around pixels for "burn-in" prevention.
Mechangel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mechangel »

When trying to use the WoW DDD drivers I have to wear my glasses upside down, and the grass and other ground clutter keeps drawing in front of hills that should be in front of it.
I have tried autofocus and changing the depth but it looks all wrong until I turn the 3D totally off.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to reverse the glasses so I dont have to wear them upside down all the time?
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

uhm...tridef control panel, display set-up. there is always a way to reverse.

Also..on your remote..."3D mode 2" flips left/right 3d right on the set.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

i also found best setting is with auto focus setting on "screen" or maybe "center". check the hotkeys.
Mechangel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mechangel »

Oh ok I pressed the 3D button on the TV remote again and it flopped the eyes for me.

All the foliage is still drawing oddly. Its like any grass that sticks up looks like its embedded in the landscape instead of sticking up out of it.

I hadn't tried pressing the 3D button previously becuase the instructions that came with the glasses say "There is no difference between the two 3D modes" what a lie!

I could straight up be having resolution problems with my TV, although it says its outputting in 1920x1080 its clipping off a lot of screen.

My character, and things very far away seem to lok fine its just the middle depth that seems funky. I tried auto focus center, and screen they didnt look any different to me.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

if you play with the tridef driver hotkeys...some settings, like Auto Focus on OFF come out totally odd, then it doesnt render right.

you have to set auto focus on "screen"...here i definitly see big difference wheter i set "off", "screen" or "center".

you might also play with the settings for "percentage before screen" and "depth amount". And just in case flip eyes again, just to double check.

Also..if you output such a big resolution (can you even play in 1920x ?) make sure your WoW settings in the menu in the game are set to the same resolution also.

Add: are you on a DLP or plasma? What about ghosting?
Mechangel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mechangel »

Im using a 62" HDTV DLP LED Samsung.

The PC says that its output in 1920x1080, the Samsung shows up in my display settings as a 1920x1080 monitor, and WoW also says that its video setting is 1920x1080.
BUT there is still clipping on all 4 sides of the screen so I am confused about that.

I tried all of the settings that the on screen menu gives me. alt shift <, >, [ and ].

Blizzard support told me that I'm using an "oversize" display and that windows may THINK its outputting in 1920x1080 but that it is not.

I was wondering if maybe the video card is a problem. Its GeForce 8600M GT.

I downloaded Power Strip last night so maybe I'll play around with that tonight.

I tried viewing some normal images using the TriDef media software, and they looked perfectly fine.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

They added hot keys to adjust overscan. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Function Key
Show List of Hotkeys ALT + SHIFT + F1
Reset to Default Settings ALT + SHIFT + /
Toggle On-Screen Display ALT + SHIFT + BACKSPACE
Toggle 3-D On/Off ALT + SHIFT + -
Toggle Auto Focus ALT + SHIFT + =
Decrease Scene Depth ALT + SHIFT + [
Increase Scene Depth ALT + SHIFT + ]
Decrease Percent in Front ALT + SHIFT + <
Increase Percent in Front ALT + SHIFT + >
Decrease Image Stretch ALT + SHIFT + :
Increase Image Stretch ALT + SHIFT + "
Decrease Image Overscan ALT + SHIFT + K
Increase Image Overscan ALT + SHIFT + L
3-D Screenshot PRINTSCREEN
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: TriDef DDD driver for 3D hardware, what is this?

Post by Seanicy »

I got some news! Tridef is releasing a new Beta for people who do not want to pay $5 a game for some drivers. http://www.tridef.com/ignition I heard that Plasma's suck balls for S-3D? http://3droundup.com/2008/12/samsung-3d ... s-protest/ Check this out for yourself! I hope you like GHOSTS!
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Mitsubishi 60735 3D Ready DLP
Nvidia 3D Vision
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi,

Tridef changed their business model recently so now you only pay $50 for the driver and not $5 per game so no more per-game costs. For me, I can only use interlaced mode so far. You get a 14 or 15 day free trial. They say they will make a dual output mode in the next version so that should be good. If you have a favorite game that doesn't work with nvidia or iZ3D with your setup. I suggest trying them but only if you can stand interlaced mode or you have some other setup they support. Or wait till they have dual output mode and you have that kind of setup. They have some good things about their driver. It's mostly due to their extensive on-screen menu system that lets you fix problems like in Starwars Battlefront 2, the reticle consists of two parts at 2 different depths but you can collapse them to one depth using the menu system. It can be valuable and I hope iZ3D impliments something similar.

later.
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
mpage
One Eyed Hopeful

Re:

Post by mpage »

Mechangel wrote:Im using a 62" HDTV DLP LED Samsung.

The PC says that its output in 1920x1080, the Samsung shows up in my display settings as a 1920x1080 monitor, and WoW also says that its video setting is 1920x1080.
BUT there is still clipping on all 4 sides of the screen so I am confused about that.
I know this thread is old, but I have the 72A650 samsung dlp. All I did to fix the clipping is change the size. There are 2 options: Wide TV and Wide PC. I can't remember what mine is set on, but once I changed it, nothing was being clipped.
Hardware:
3-D Display: Samsung 72A650
Video Card: HD5850
Processor: Intel Core Duo E8600 3.33GHz

Software:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
TriDef 3-D Experience
jkh0208
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jkh0208 »

Edim is selling this software at http://www.edimensional.com/product_inf ... cts_id=167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and they claim it allows vista/win 7 users to use edim shutter glasses on games, movies, etc, but that doesn't make sense because I tried the tridef drivers and when I try to use shuttering it gives me an error saying that tridef shuttering only works on the media player. Can anyone make sense of this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think they are using interlace mode+edim activator. If that's the case, edim is screwing people over by not giving full details, interlace mode looks like garbage on my dlp.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”