Old Gainward Stereo 3D Glasses and HDMI port.

MegaMadDeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Old Gainward Stereo 3D Glasses and HDMI port.

Post by MegaMadDeath »

Haven't been here for a while, but I have started to get interested 3D again.

I even found my old 3D stereo glasses, but because the technology has gone forward, I have PC which Graphics card has 2 HDMI ports and the glasses have VGA ports. (see the pic).

So is there possibly another way to connect the glasses or do I have to buy completely new one?

Been using that old style red/blue paper glasses to get used to 3D again and I'm starting to get sick with wrong colors.

The screen I use is still the same I used last time so it will work with it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Old Gainward Stereo 3D Glasses and HDMI port.

Post by cybereality »

The short story is not to bother with that ancient technology.

If you want to play any game that came out in the past 10 years, the you need to get modern equipment like an Nvidia 3d Vision 120Hz monitor.

The long story is that those old shutter glasses will only work on CRT monitors *and* only on certain old Nvidia cads *with* a specific old Nvidia driver *and* then only on Windows XP. Probably the best card that will work is a GeForce 7800 (maybe 7900) meaning you can only play old games from the era. Unless you already have an old machine or really love some DirectX7 or 8 games, there is really no point in investing money into this.
MegaMadDeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MegaMadDeath »

cybereality wrote:The short story is not to bother with that ancient technology.

If you want to play any game that came out in the past 10 years, the you need to get modern equipment like an Nvidia 3d Vision 120Hz monitor.

The long story is that those old shutter glasses will only work on CRT monitors *and* only on certain old Nvidia cads *with* a specific old Nvidia driver *and* then only on Windows XP. Probably the best card that will work is a GeForce 7800 (maybe 7900) meaning you can only play old games from the era. Unless you already have an old machine or really love some DirectX7 or 8 games, there is really no point in investing money into this.
I was afraid that it would be like that. :(

In that case is there any glasses that would work with HDMI and 60Hz 26" Bravia TV (not 3DTV) or do I have to buy a new TV?

I have heard that there should be glasses that works with 60hz TVs.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

No, you need to buy a 3DTV for it to work.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”