iZ3D verus LG D2342P

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!

Iz3D verus LG D2342p

iZ3D monitor
No votes
LG D2342p monitor
100%

Total votes: 7

bk2001050
One Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D verus LG D2342P

Post by bk2001050 »

Hey guys, after a lot of research on passive 3d, I am down to 2 choices, the LG D2342P and the iZ3D monitor. Both look equally good for passive 3d although I admit LG is just way more cooler with their LED backlit and newer technology. I will be primarily using the monitor for 3D movies and gaming on the pc is almost non existent. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or light to shed on the matter before I make my choice. Has anyone used both monitors and can do a straight comparison? Thanks.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iZ3D verus LG D2342P

Post by Neil »

The iZ3D is a discontinued product, and the software options are limited to their drivers, and their drivers alone. I would go with LG in this case for sure. If the monitor was still on the market, I may have responded differently.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

With the LG you will have support from many vendors, with iZ3D you have only iz3D to support it, and they honestly haven't been doing too good lately. I am not even certain there will ever be another update to their software the ways things have been going. And the LG is probably a much better product in terms of ghosting, resolution, etc. Not really much reason to purchase an iz3D monitor today unless there was some insane fire-sale and that was all you could afford.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I actually saw the LG D2342P yesterday in a store, and it was actually pretty darn good. the price is nice, and although the vertical 3d viewing angle is not that great it seems equal to or better than the Zalman. the only thing that prevented me from buying it was the size (23+something inches) - I want the Zalman 3d 24' (I don't see why you didn't add it to the poll btw, as it's also passive)
If you are for whatever reason deadset on either the iz3d or the LG D2342P get the LG D2342P as there is much less ghosting although the viewing angle is less it is still a good tradeoff as you will at least experience the best 3d assuming your head is positioned correctly.

(btw as you are new here I want to clarify that I'm not just spouting stuff I've read- I have an iz3d, I've bought a zalman 3d 24' but had to return it due to 2 dead pixels and am now waiting for the next shipment of Zalmans to Ukraine cause now no stores here have any which sucks)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”