Is Zalman the only 3D PC monitor?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Is Zalman the only 3D PC monitor?

Post by gr0bd4 »

Or are there others? Ok I know there are others, I just can't figure out what's the difference. So far I see viewsonic mentioned and LG D2342P I think I've seen samsung mentioned somewhere, but somehow I don't think 3d on those monitors is achieved the same way as Zalman (or am I wrong?) So is there any link to some kind of 3D PC monitor comparison list?
Thx
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Is Zalman the only 3D PC monitor?

Post by Fredz »

Yep, here :
http://3dmovielist.com/3dmonitors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Fredz wrote:Yep, here :
http://3dmovielist.com/3dmonitors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are a bunch of monitors missing from that list, but I guess its a good overview.
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

Ok, basicaly what I'm seeing it comes down to 2 choices between Zalman ZM-M240W 24" and LG D2342P-PN. I cannot locate any other monitors of this type for sale or with any kind of reviews. (I think I don't want active shutter because of the flickering, but maybe I'm wrong?)
Here is the question though is it worth paying more than twice for Zalman vs the LG besides 1" difference in size?
I know Zalman's monitor is very reflective, but is the quality any better than LG to justify the premium price?
Are there any people that can say from personal experience which one is better, active shutter or polarized glasses?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I have a Zalman 22" and also an ASUS 23" monitor. The ASUS is 120Hz, 3D Vision. I really don't know which one is better. Both are good monitors. Personally I think I'd prefer the ASUS, mainly because I can freely move my head around. The Zalman (and other passive monitors) require that you sit in a specific position to see the effect. So that is a little annoying. And the active monitors seem to "pop" a bit more, I think because of the better resolution. However the Zalman is still good. The passive glasses give a much brighter image, and more comfortable because there is no flicker. And the 3D effect seems more real almost (probably because of better colors). So they both have pros and cons. I do like that the Zalman is supported by all kinds of stuff, including YouTube3D and all that. So I don't know, its your call.

You can see some more comments I made here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 506#p63506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”