RF Active Shutter Glasses

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
billqs
One Eyed Hopeful

RF Active Shutter Glasses

Post by billqs »

What RF Active Shutter glasses would be good for an ACER 5360? I don't like the constant inverting I have to do using DLP Link since it has no eye to eye sync. Is there a good solution for this?

I'm not new, but I am stumped...
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: RF Active Shutter Glasses

Post by Fredz »

Why don't you simply use 3D Vision ? You wouldn't have eye inversions with it and you wouldn't sacrifice contrast and colorimetry.

As for RF, you could use 3D Vision Pro but that's quite expensive. Another solution would be the RF glasses from 3DTV Corp which are cheaper than the 3D Vision ones and should be compatible with 3D Vision, but I'm not sure they are of great quality : http://3dvision-blog.com/alternative-3d ... 3dtv-corp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Try this (for use with Nvidia cards):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Wireless-Gla ... 950wt_1396" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably the same as the 3DTV Corp glasses.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Be aware that these glasses (and probably the ones from Viewmax too which are probably the same as cyber said) won't necessarily work with recent versions of the NVIDIA 3D Vision driver as explained in the ebay description :
THIS KIT WILL NOT WORK WITH SOME RECENT NVIDIA DRIVER VERSIONS AND SO PROBABLY NOT WITH SOME RECENT NVIDIA CARDS. IT WILL WORK WITH GEFORCE DRIVER V266.58
billqs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by billqs »

Thanks, I was starting to look nvidia's way... it's just that I have far more experience with ATI/AMD cards and originally went that way with ACER since at least I have tons of experience debugging CCC. I only discovered the lack of eye sinc after I had already made the plunge and went with DLP Link.

I've heard the RF glasses can work better for groups as there is not line of sight dependence. Does anyone know why these glasses say they may not be compatible with the latest nvidia drivers or cards? Was it a major shift in stereo driver design from nvidia, or just that they found out how the RF transitter was spoofing the IR emitter and so closed the hole?

I have an nvidia card. It's an EVGA GT 240. Would this card be old enough to work with these glasses?

Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Damn. I guess Nvidia figured out what these guys were doing a blocked their device. I though this would happen eventually, but I guess it already happened.

So you can probably just buy the real Nvidia glasses then. They should work with the GT 240, however you will probably not be able to play any games in 3D since it is so weak of a card. Viewing 3D videos should be possible, though.
billqs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by billqs »

I realize it's a weak card... I bought it to experiment with Nvidia 3d Vision and then family life exploded and I haven't been able to get back to all this till now... Being the parent of 20 month toddler will do that to you.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”