Modern glasses on legacy devices?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
flamepanther
One Eyed Hopeful

Modern glasses on legacy devices?

Post by flamepanther »

Hi all! I'm not actually new to 3D, but I've been complacent using passive 3D for awhile. After years away from active 3D, I find myself needing to catch up.

Specifically, I have 3D glasses adaptors for Nintendo Famicom (NES) and Sega Master System. The glasses for these are bulky, overly dark, uncomfortable, and usually ravaged by time. I'd like to be able to use newer, better glasses with them. Fortunately, both use the standard 3.5 mm headphone style connection that used to be nearly universal. Unfortunately, all of the modern active 3D glasses I can find to buy are RF/Bluetooth-based. Getting a new controller is obviously not an option in this case. It seems like there must be an adaptor out there to connect a wireless transmitter to the 3.5 mm port on a wired legacy glasses controller. Can anyone help me get started on finding something like this?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Modern glasses on legacy devices?

Post by cybereality »

I don't recall seeing anything like that for sale, and it's a pretty obscure request.

I imagine you could DIY it but I'm honestly not that knowledgeable on the hardware side of things.
flamepanther
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by flamepanther »

Hmm. DIY headphone-to-bluetooth is probably beyond me. Is anyone still making 3.5 mm wired glasses?
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Your best bet might be to track down an old pair of wired eDimensionals. I'm sure there are some about on ebay etc. Like these:

https://www.amazon.com/eDimensional-3DG ... op?ie=UTF8

Those are wired and have 3.5mm stereo plugs if I remember correctly. I have no idea whether you could get them going with those old systems though.
flamepanther
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by flamepanther »

That was my fallback plan from the beginning! :lol:
Thanks guys! Sorry for the daft request, but it was worth a shot.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”