stereoscopic lenses are ordinary magnifiers?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
davi2686
One Eyed Hopeful

stereoscopic lenses are ordinary magnifiers?

Post by davi2686 »

my friend have a old stereoscope like this

http://www.xilostudios.com/images/Stere ... tstone.jpg

it give me a awesome image, merge perfectly both sides of picture, im already tried ordinary glasses lenses of degree 12 but i get messed image, the sides dont merge well. i have a 7 inch lcd 1024x768 do you guys think a ordinary plan-convex 7x magnifiers give me a good result for this screen?
davi2686
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: stereoscopic lenses are ordinary magnifiers?

Post by davi2686 »

if help someone, i got it....

yes the lenses used normally in glasses for correct vision are indicate to stereoscopic applications, the quality of image and deformation is much better than the usual magnifiers. A 5x magnifier is equivalent to a 8.75 degrees lens, in my 7" 1024x600 lcd i tried 18,12,9 and 8 degrees and the best result is 9 degrees, the other lenses with more magnification give me a bigger screen and better fov, but screendoor effect make the games unplayable, 9 degrees is the bigger magnification i find for my display, screendoor effect still noticeable but is something acceptable. What i really like is, the only thing i need to get a incredible fov is a better display, future i will order a 7" 1920x1080 display, and use de 12 degree lens, i think maybe i will get something with more fov than the rift.

regards

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”