To Get Answers, All You Need To Do Is Ask!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
zoost
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: To Get Answers, All You Need To Do Is Ask!

Post by zoost »

Didnt do any research on this, but I saw these side-by-side 3D PC monitor viewers:

http://www.berezin.com/3d/viewers1.htm

http://www.loreo.com/pages/products/lor ... oto_3.html.

Has anyone any experience with one of these. Can anyone recommend anything for Gaming?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

There have been threads about this already, look for diy prismatic glasses and stereoscopes on the forum.
perko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by perko »

Not feeling like making another thread so here we go..

Title: HOW IN THE WORLD DO I "SYNCH" COLOURS IN MY ANAGLYPH IMAGE WITH THE COLOURS OF GLASSES?
Ok, longer story. I ordered cheap magenta-green (though I swapped lenses and they're now green-magenta) glasses, from China, obviously - and they're great. I mean, it's way better than regular red-cyan anaglyphs (just a tad darker image but WAY more colours).
So, they don't appear to be the correct glasses to be used with Stereoscopic Player green-magenta option because when things come out of the screen there's ghosting (well, not always but.. you know. How do you call that, big parallax?). If I close my green eye, I'll see bits of magenta image and if I close my magenta eye, there's bits of green image. So I thought to myself, hey why just not change the subtones of the green and magenta so they'd fit the tones of glasses in order to achieve little to no ghosting.
And this is where I'm stuck. How do I do that? I've be playing with settings in Gimp (I don't own PS, sorry) and I just.. can't find those two sweet spots. Any ideas or suggestions?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The subpixelcolors of the display needs to match the colors of your glasses and the basecolors of a display can't be changed. You should be able to decrease ghosting a bit by adjusting the colors in the displaydriver but it will be on cost of colors/brightness. A better tip would be trying with a different monitor and see if it works better.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The ghosting properties on anaglyph glasses have more to do with the physical properties of the monitor, and not really anything you can adjust by messing with the color settings. I mean, maybe you can get it a little better or worse, but there will always be some amount of ghosting. Though different filters (even the same color, but a different brand) can have less ghosting with certain monitors. So maybe just experiment with different glasses.
perko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by perko »

Hmmm I get more or less same results on laptop's monitor and on LCD tv. This leads me to two questions:
1- which green-magenta glasses do work well with Stereoscopic Player?
2- there's still a way -albeit a bit complicated- to change the subtones in StereoPhoto Maker (under "Optimized Anaglyph Settings, these settings currently hold my green-magenta settings that I've found lying around on the internet) so technically I can change subtones in this software but here's another catch: how do I figure out which exact colour hex belong to my glasses? I've tried taking pics of them but the right actual colour never comes out either do to flash, bad lighting, camera settings and so on.

These are the only green-magenta glasses I have right now. I cold order new ones (ie. Trioviz) but that means waiting. I'm trying to work with what I have here at the moment.
I thought this trick can be pulled by tiny changes in filters. Too bad. I'll play with my monitor's settings a bit to see what can be done.

Thanks for answering, by the way :)

PS - speaking of Trioviz, their Batman videos on Youtube actually work fine if I just use current glasses and wear them upside down.
groovyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by groovyd »

Looking for the latest drivers to integrate a Oculus headset with a DirectX game. Clicked on download page and it says there are no files available. Anyone?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Kjh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kjh »

It seems that I need some answers from people that are smarter in 3d than myself :P So I came here :D

I'm quite new to the world of stereoscopic 3d, (being I haven't even seen it yet) so I bought some equipment trying to set it all up. Here's the list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824236293 == Asus 27" VG278HE 3d ready and 144hz refresh...
A used Nvidia 3d ir transmitter....
And an open box nvidia 3d vision 2 pair of glasses.

I plugged everything in ready to use, but the awe inspiring nvidia drivers decide that there isn't a "3d controller driver" after proclaiming all 3d drivers are installed and ready to use on the previous page...
I seem to be at my wit's end and could really use some help...

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have an EVGA gtx 770 sc 2gb :P
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I would try installing the most recent Nvidia drivers. Make sure to do the clean install. When you enable 3D in the Nvidia options it should walk you through the setup. It will detect the emitter and should allow you to enable 3D. After you do this, press the "Test stereoscopic 3D" button on the bottom of the 3D settings in the control panel. You should see a 3D nvidia logo, and hopefully the emitter will shine bright green. Put on the glasses and press the button on the left to turn them on. At this point it should work. If it doesn't, let me know where it fails.
Mystikgypsy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mystikgypsy »

Hello there everyone,

I am quite desperate for help! I've just received an oculus dev kit and am freakin excited to try games like Skyrim, Half Life 2 and Mirror's Edge.

It would seem that VP 2.0.0.1 is the best open source software for the job :)

However, I've downloaded it from this site and when I try to run the exe nothing happens?? The profile executable work (for setting up game profiles I think), but when I click on the Vireo Percetion executable, nothing happens!

I've tried running as administrator, turned off all virus software and firewalls etc. I'm using windows 7, intel i7, 16 gigs ram, Nvida 6900 series.

Have searched but no one seems to have this problem ;(
MechaEnginer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MechaEnginer »

Hello everyone,
i am new here and want learn and collaborate more with the community :D
What books you recommends about '3d stuff in technology, programming, design games and/or engine' to my Knowledgement addiction?
MechaEnginer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MechaEnginer »

Mystikgypsy wrote:Hello there everyone,

I am quite desperate for help! I've just received an oculus dev kit and am freakin excited to try games like Skyrim, Half Life 2 and Mirror's Edge.

However, I've downloaded it from this site and when I try to run the exe nothing happens?? The profile executable work (for setting up game profiles I think), but when I click on the Vireo Percetion executable, nothing happens!

I've tried running as administrator, turned off all virus software and firewalls etc. I'm using windows 7, intel i7, 16 gigs ram, Nvida 6900 series.

Leaves Windows guy. Got some Linux OS and for you solve problem contact the Oculus Dev Kit Creators supporters. This is my advice.
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

MechaEnginer wrote:
Mystikgypsy wrote:Hello there everyone,

Leaves Windows guy. Got some Linux OS and for you solve problem contact the Oculus Dev Kit Creators supporters. This is my advice.
And how many time do you take to make it works Vs the time you play? How many games works on Linux Vs windows? Do you know that unfortunately nvidia and AMD OpenGL drivers are not so good than Dx drivers? I use Linux for some works, but for gaming, nothing is better than windows.
Sometimes Linux is a tool that take more time to make it to works than the goal you want obtain, especially if you install some softwares that are not integrated into the distribution packaging system.

Solving the original issue is always better than changing everything.
saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Hello all,

I'm looking for some VERY basic information or tutorials regarding 3D file formats. Regardless of their poor reviews, I'll be working with the Vuzix 1200DX. I am currently developing some simple videos using Unity 3D but am confused about output. Any answers or links are greatly appreciated!

- Do the Vuzix 3D HMDs use a side-by-side 3D arrangement like the Oculus Rift? (Their website mentions "DVDs and other content [...] not a Field Sequential 3D format...)

- If so, how is the file played on a PC? Once finished with my Unity project, will I output to an .exe file or what? (I've worked with some 3D in the past that simply displayed a "left" and a "right" .mpg for a dual projector setup, but moving into 3D real-time environments means I obviously won't be playing back a simple video file or two.)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Vuzix Wrap use a different format from Oculus Rift. The Vuzix use the more common side-by-side (SBS) which is two frames squished into one. Meaning if you had originally a 1280x720 image (720P) then the left and right eye would both be squished into the frame (640x720 for each eye, at half aspect ratio). This is pretty common, for example for Blu-Ray rips or with 3D drivers like TriDef Ignition.

If you want a simple solution, you can try TriDef with your Unity app, and then use something like FRAPS to record the gameplay and play that back in a 3D video player (like Stereoscopic Player). If you app is interactive (like a game, or a panoramic you can look around) then you can't record a video. You would have to export from Unity as an exe file, and then play with a computer.

If you want to get fancy, you can do the stereo rendering native in Unity. There should be plugins you can purchase that will help you do this. Or you can roll-your-own using 2 cameras and scaled viewports.
saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Very informative reply, thank you very much!
saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Okay so I'm a little more clear on the 3D formats but am still confused about how how they're "decoded" by hardware like Oculus and Vuzix. Is passive SBS 3D really as simple as a split-screen image that is shown in half resolution? Like, I could theoretically create a 1280x720 .mpg and watch it in the Wrap 1200s as-is, as long as my video is perfectly split down the middle? This seems too good to be true, haha!

BTW, I've installed the TriDef trial and it works flawlessly on my 2D monitor, displaying SBS images from my PC games. I don't understand how a 3D monitor would display these images though. I guess drivers that would be included with a 3D monitor/glasses would "detect" the SBS 3D and display appropriately?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Vuzix doesn't do anything fancy to "decode" the image. It just grabs each half and expands it into each eye. You could create a video in the right format and play it back with Windows Media Player.

Though if you are looking for a video viewer, I would recommend the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED over anything from Vuzix. It also supports HDMI 1.4a so you can watch Blu-Ray 3Ds which Vuzix doesn't support (without ripping them first). The Zeiss can also do the simple SBS format for better compatibility.
saucercrab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by saucercrab »

Thanks again for the help and the recommendation of the Cinemizer. I've sampled the Vuzix and was a bit disappointed with the resolution, but the OLED looks much better for sure!
Lycon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lycon »

*wrong topic i guess* sry
ThumpieBunnyEve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ThumpieBunnyEve »

Windows7Pro_x64 (~ No im not upgrading, i have a different Windows_10_AME pc.)
GPU: MSI Seahawk gtx 1080 HD
CPU: i7-990x
46GB ram

Nvidia 3dVision Glasses

Im looking for a display port 4k 120hz <1ms G2G G-Sync monitor that will pair well with my 3DVision glasses.
And its gota come from bestbuy, because i own like 400$ in giftcards for bestbuy :p

This is the one im considering presently:
ASUS - ROG Swift 32” IPS LED 4K G-SYNC Monitor with HDR (DisplayPort,USB)
Model:PG32UQR SKU:6515267

My viewing angle is seldom straight-on. and usually about 4 feet away as i am working from BED.
(Im not disabled or anything, just comfortable and cozy for 16 hours at a time to not be sitting.)

But considering that my ""monitor stand"" is on pose-able rotatable arm attached to the ceiling rated for 75lbs,
would an ultrawide Curved display work?
I don't know how well 3DVision works with Curved Displays, or Ultrawide??

Usually Im looking for as much screen real-estate as possible because i run many windows such as chat programs web browsing, some basic graphic design, programming and text editors. I watch movies and play plenty of games. But i don't mind if games have black bars on the side, so long as some of my vast library of games works with Nvidia 3DVision on the monitor.

Its important to note, i don't want a slow Black-to-White "VA" panel problem of ghosting or black-smearing, (((youtu.be/A-okF5LrcJI?t=215 3m:35s))) as i am often in a dark room using dark-theme modes. The youtuber mentions __ips__ ? I read in -these- forums ips doesn't work so well with 3dVision? Many Unknowns here..

I don't plan to play games in 4K, i often prefer 2K gaming its easier on the GPU/CPU helping keep the frame rate high enough for all the extra processing that 3dVision drivers require.

i just need the monitor to be able to go to 4k outside of gaming, to make as much use out of the real-estate as possible during most the non-gaming efforts.

I've got a 8K DisplayPort 2.0 77gbps cable that's 26 feet long presently connected to my 3k "Dell S2716DGR" G-sync monitor. And it seems to be working peachy. That del monitor is going to end up being a secondary monitor for chat and browsing on the side, might even mount it vertical on the wall armature.

So to recap the TLDR:
1> is:
ASUS - ROG Swift 32” IPS LED 4K G-SYNC Monitor with HDR (DisplayPort,USB) Model:PG32UQR SKU:6515267
compatible with 3D Vision?
2> does 3dVision work well with Curved Displays? / Curved Ultrawide?? and should i go with such instead of that ROG above? Keeping in mind i have Bestbuy gift cards to use up.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Buy a second hand well looked after and with ebay and paypal double cover and get a pg278qr 1440p, gsynch, 3D vision Ready, High pixel density and call it a day. Good luck.
ThumpieBunnyEve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ThumpieBunnyEve »

@UnityBeing
that models max resolution is 2560x1440p, and its only DisplayPort 1.2.
you didn't address my questions on curvature
and didn't read my comments about having bestbuy giftcards to use.

⋆sigh⋆ mtbs3d is dead as 3DVision i guess.
Gzmyers
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gzmyers »

Can someone pls help. Using 3d fix manager to install driver 452.06, everything goes well, bit after i am unable to launch virtual desktop because oculus says drivers are out of date. I'm using oculus rift on rtx 2080. My knowledge is limited in 3d vision and vr.
Thanks
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

if you have a vidcard with 3dvision driver support what does that help with (compared to other vidcards) if you are using a vr hmd in place of a 3dvision display+glasses?

for example does that mean you can just run the vr hmd as a 3dvision display and games will be more compatible than if you were using programs like vorpx? or is the difference that it makes programs like vorpx more compatible?

or if you have a compatible vidcard is it a better idea to just use all native 3dvision hardware and dont use vr hmd?

and is there 4k 3dvision displays or just 1080 and 1440?

finally if using a modern projector for 3dvision what are the best types of glasses and sync emitters?
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

does 3dvision drivers (425 / 450) matter only if you are using actual shutter glasses and emitter, or are they also useful for compatibility if you want to run games with native 3dvision support through a vr hmd?
likewise is windows version 1809 (which avoids driver tweaks) also useful for vr hmd playing 3dvision games with helix fixes or is this a thing that you only need to worry about if you are using actual 3dvision glasses?

also i still cant find a explanation of how native 3dvision works with vr hmd. if you have a vr hmd and use a game that was made to support 3dvision, what difference does that make compared to getting any other 2d game to work in 3d with a vr hmd? is the only difference that you can use helixvision in that case?
shuwehi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shuwehi »

Hello guys, im new to the 3d scene, and while i have been playing with red blue stereoscopy, i hear shutter and polarized are better in terms of pic quality. Id like to know what type of video output is compatible with each, as i am using an app called Reshade to emulate stereoscopy with shaders, or something lol. now the anaglyph setting outputs the red blue pic, but what setting would be compatible with shutters and polarized glasses? from my research i gather that line interlaced would be suitable for polarized? any help would be greatly appreciated!
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

what setting would be compatible with shutters and polarized glasses
It's more due to the hardware than settings feature. With polarized glasses, the display will need a built in display mechanism to deliver the correct 3d image to each polarized lens. Shutter glasses are more compatible with lcd monitors that are fast enough to keep up with the shutter speed, this is what 3d vision uses.

I don't think reshade 3d superdepth works with 3d vision, however it works VR headsets to display the 3d image. I'm not sure how good the 3d image is compared to the 3d vision. I guess it depends on the game.

I'm just barely getting back into 3d vision gaming as now the hardware side of things are getting really good to make them run well. I'm new to VR too, as the headsets are alot cheaper now for some of the older ones. VR headset are getting better too, but I don't think the resolution is as good as a 3d vision monitor.

With 3d vision, you'll need to get the vision 2 glasses and emitter, and you'll also need a 3d compatible monitor. Look for the QHD monitors, instead of the 1080p.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

i've been trying to get answers and help on this forum for months and all except one or two of my posts are totally ignored even when i post in active threads
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

ok so as of july everybody who isn't an ai-driven advertisement has stopped posting on this forum? :|
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Yup, this forum is dead. Not much happening in the world of 3d if there aren't exciting products to consume 3d on. All these new 3d devices are just way too expensive and pretty much have little to no content for it. Even the VR space has come to a standstill, and I haven't tried VR yet.

yeah, maybe SBS 3d gaming is going to be the future of 3d gaming. These new monitors coming out are so good for 3d vision gaming right now, this would make it a really good 3d experience too, and no additional cost to the monitor itself.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

ok well i would love to know about it please if theres still somewhere a place to talk about and get help with using about 20 years worth of 3dvision fixes for most of the games released back when games were still good.

helixvision and helixmod and geo11, 3dv fixes, etc., stuff like that

reddit is for new stuff, i thought this forum was mostly about the better old stuff.

i got a vr hmd because i thought the sunglasses effect of 3d glasses would be annoying but also i followed the advice here and got the right nvidia hardware and drivers so i could use all the 3dvision stuff

then when i get everything and try to find how to use it everybody here disappears :P
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

yeah, it's crazy. I only got back into 3d vision gaming because someone on here posted about getting the odyssey G7 working with 3d vision. It was a pain figure out the issues, but totally worth it in the end. Just being able to have these fast enough monitors makes the 3d vision gaming all the better. Post pandemic seems to have affect much of everything, so everyone is has lost interested in everything it seems.

It doesn't help either that nvidia is charging so much more now for their gpus. I need 4080 performance, but I"m not willing to spend that sort of money for it. It's going have to come down eventually, so I'll just stick with what I have until it does. I bought a samsung odyssey HMD vr headset, just haven't had the time to use it.

I'm hoping in the next couple of years VR/AR will start to take off so we can have a better 3d gaming experience. But I'm also perfectly fine with 3d vision gaming, just wish more of the newer titles were supported. At least with SBS 3d gaming, reshade can provide that on newer games for VR/AR headsets. 3d vision isn't dead, the 3d gaming on the monitor can still provide a high resolution 3d experience. I want to get 3d vision working on either a QD-oled monitor or a oled TV, I think it will be easier on the QD-oled monitor due to the resolution it comes in. But then I want a larger oled TV as well if 3d vision can work on it.

I don't know of any other places for 3d vision that is quite as resourceful as it is here. Still, at least people are posting on here with their experiences with newer display types for 3d so that helps. The Rokid max needs to drop another 100 dollars before I consider buying one, because VR headset can be found cheaper nowaday.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

reshade seems like it should help with getting 3d on VR HMD but there's a lot i dont get about it.

first of all if a game is already 3dvision compatible it seems like a better idea to just use that mode somehow if possible. but if i understand correctly the only way to get 3d-vision to work with a vr hmd is to get a file that turns the game from normal 3d-vision output to side-by-side mode (or is there a better way?) then after that you still have to find yet another program that puts a virtual display onto your hmd, then it takes the side by side view and scales each half to each display panel in the hmd.

but that doesnt make much sense because there are some vr hmd programs that let you watch 3d videos/blu rays on a virtual 3d screen, that exists in a virtual room instead of going to each eye. so then there's some way to take other 3d-modes and combine them in software, then the hmd makes them 3d based on some other data? i dont understand :P

anyway the 3dvision fixes seem best because they're all real full 3d (not z-buffer 3d which looks like a diorama view of flat cutouts) and they work for tons of great games that are old enough to run at super high frames per second and resolution

if you dont have a way to get a 3dvision fix working then you have to use things like reshade/vorpx.

i havent tried reshade yet because as far as i can tell it doesnt output directly to the hmd, you still need another program for a virtual display and then reshade outputs side-by-side 3d to that. i could be wrong about that but thats the kind of thing im trying to learn about. anyway, even with reshade you still need special profiles to make a game 3d, it isn't automatic. and unlike vorpx or 3dvision there's no central resource for those profiles, so it's something you have to make yourself, could get frustrating.

if you like your vr hmd i would recommend vorpx if you find games you like on its list. i wish helixvision were still available so i could have both tho. but the price of vorpx is very fair even if you only use it with a couple games. if it worked with all my games i would never play anything without it. considering how hyped vr was just a few years ago it's amazing that nvidia/microsoft/amd never made anything like vorpx themselves, for me vorpx is like 95 % of the reason to even own a vr hmd.

edit: one thing i forgot to mention, if you use an OLED HMD, and the 3D method is a 1:1 projection of the game view to your display (instead of a virtual screen you can 'look' around at) then you must either turn the GUI/HUD/reticle alpha transparency down low or remove it completely with mods. since most HMD are LCD/LED this is something unfortunately you usually have to do yourself for each game. maybe im wrong (i've never seen a guide say to do this) but OLED tv are notorious for burn-in so why would OLED hmd be any different?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”