Help With VR1280

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
CobraWolf81
One Eyed Hopeful

Help With VR1280

Post by CobraWolf81 »

Hello All. This is both my first post and a question.

I've recently come into a VirtualResearch VR1280 HMD. And I'm new to all of this world, but not technology. I'll give no resume or past levels of awesomesauce, but I'll say that I've worked in the infrastructure side of tech for about 12 years.

That being said...I need help. I don't know if this can do what I want it to do, which is gaming. Why? Well...why not? This was a once in a lifetime offer, so I did some research and grabbed it at the price that was asked. I've looked into the vireio drivers, but not sure if those would work out, and if so, what settings I should be going for.

I searched the forums here, and the rest of the ol' interwebs, and haven't really come up with much on this HMD.

Any help, or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dave
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Help With VR1280

Post by cybereality »

If I'm not mistaken, the VR1280 accepts a cable for each eye, I assume you can drive this with the TriDef driver in dual monitor/projector mode.

TriDef has a trial if you want to check to see if it works.

AFAIK Vireio does not support dual output right now. Iz3D did, but they went under. Nvidia used to on the old XP driver, but not for years. TriDef is the best bet.
CobraWolf81
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Help With VR1280

Post by CobraWolf81 »

Hi there Cybereality.

Indeed, it's 2 VGA inputs that are routed to it's external box. From that it looks like 2 SCSI connections for the actual headset. I'll give the TriDef drivers a go then, and report any findings. Just in case anyone else starts looking at this HMD.

Thanks,
-Dave

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”