Zalman NEW products In CeBIT 2010

gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Zalman NEW products In CeBIT 2010

Post by gicko »

New products will be showing off at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof from 2-5 of March during the CeBIT 2010 in Hannover.
To respond to the increasing interest and expectation about the 3D Market, ZALMAN will bring new 21,5 inch and new 24inch monitors.
The new 21,5 inch monitor is: ZM-M215W 3D monitor
1920x1080 Full HD
contrast 1.000:1
3D view angle: 90 Horizontal
10-12 Vertical
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Zalman NEW products In CeBIT 2010

Post by relaxman »

I sell my zm-220 because the half resolution and the very small viewing angle.
From the specs i think, this will not be better in this properties :(
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

relax !!! relaxman
me too i will try to sell my Zalman monitor, but the only difference is i will buy a new one with 1920x1080 resolution!!!!
i am owner of shutter glasses in the past and i believe polarised glasses are the right technology to see in 3D, and because of that I LIKE VERY MUCH DOLBY 3D DIGITAL glasses in the movies...

:polar = :D :D :D
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Dolby 3D = infitec glasses

You meant RealD glasses ?
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

Can you confirm that these are using the same technology (polarized, half-resolution) as the existing models? Is NVIDIA continuing to support Zalman with 3D drivers (even though NVIDIA has its own competitor solution)?

It is good to have choices, no matter which technology you prefer.
Last edited by ssiu on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

ssiu wrote:Can you confirm that these are using the same technology (polarized, half-resolution) as the existing models?
Look at the vertical viewing angles, they are the same as for ZM-M220W.
NVIDIA has its own competitor solution
They have a licensing agreement with Zalman as well, and courts of law typically do not endorse circumventing written agreements in order to undermine competition (see Microsoft antitrust case).
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

hi blackshark
i never tried REAL D glasses in the movies!
I tried only Dolby 3D digital glasses in the movies in Athens (Greece) where i live.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

21.5? Whats with the downgrade? I know its a higher res, but still.

Hmm... A 24" Zalman could be pretty nice actually...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

cybereality wrote:Hmm... A 24" Zalman could be pretty nice actually...
Sure! A pity they won't continue with the 16:10 format. I don't like the little height of the 16:9 displays. But with a 24" diagonal or more it's not that important, I know.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

Does anyone know if their HD res. monitors are actually going on sale this time? I've heard of their 24" being demoed at several events for quite a while now, but it never went on sale.

I've been v. close to buying the 22" Zalman, but I really need HD so this would be v. welcome.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

hi gl
for the moment no one knows when the company will sell these monitors, the 21.5 and the 24 but you can wait like me for example. I wish i could buy one of them right now but it is not possible. We must have patience.
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

gicko wrote:hi gl
for the moment no one knows when the company will sell these monitors, the 21.5 and the 24 but you can wait like me for example. I wish i could buy one of them right now but it is not possible. We must have patience.
I don't mind waiting a few months, but they have demo'ed the 24" and 32" since 2008 but not sold them. So let's see if these models will actually go on sale before getting too excited.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

You could buy the 22" one and enjoy it until the bigger ones are out.
It's like waiting for a better processor or video card. There will always be better stuff coming along. You can't wait forever.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

crim3 wrote:You could buy the 22" one and enjoy it until the bigger ones are out.
It's like waiting for a better processor or video card. There will always be better stuff coming along. You can't wait forever.
Sure and I might do that, but I'll wait till they're officially announced to see what's what. I edit 3D HD video so HD is important. On the other hand the 22" is a good price right now, the new models might be quite expensive for a while.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

gl wrote:
crim3 wrote:You could buy the 22" one and enjoy it until the bigger ones are out.
Sure and I might do that, but I'll wait till they're officially announced to see what's what. I edit 3D HD video so HD is important. On the other hand the 22" is a good price right now, the new models might be quite expensive for a while.
You shouldn't worry about FullHD and native resolution...
At the moment you should worry first about a display that works with your stereo video editing software.
I use Sony vegas and i haven't found any plugin to edit proper stereo3D. Being stuck with manually doing anaglyph preview is much worse than not having the "full resolution".
I hope you'll be more lucky with your video editing software though.
Passive 3D forever !
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

hm. Just anaglyph?
when i had a 22" zalman, i easily edited videos in vegas with nice 3d preview,
just a little horizontal lines as mask for one track. As i hear, edius and other editors cannot do this, because their preview monitor isnt pixel accurate that is needed for this kind of monitor.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Nice trick, but i constantly resize my video preview window when i edit content so it doesn't work for me. (i"d need a proper stereo3D display plugin).
Passive 3D forever !
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

At the moment you should worry first about a display that works with your stereo video editing software.
Not a problem as I'm writing a plugin.
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

Has anybody heard anything more? There's almost no coverage on the new monitors, but they were shown ...
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

Well, here's what I know at least:

Zalman are listing the 21.5" full HD screen (ZM-M215W) on their own news page (see image below):

And TechPowerup at least saw them:

"They are showcasing their 3D monitor in the 21.5 inch variant with FullHD resolution. A 24 inch version can also be had, while a 27 inch LCD and a 32 inch 3D TV LCD are also in planning. "

And Google dragged up this shop that had already listed the spec (though it's not accessible now so might not have been genuine).

Maybe the mistake was showing this in a hotel away from the show? It does seem weird that almost nobody has picked up it. We don't want Zalman thinking there isn't a market for these screens.

DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

gl wrote:Zalman are listing the 21.5" full HD screen (ZM-M215W) (see image below)
I guess both 21.5" and 24" screens will use "3D Phase Retardation" AKA line interleaved passive polarization filter (see http://www.zalman.com/ENG/3D/work01.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). What happens to the existing ZM-M220W display though?
Maybe the mistake was showing this in a hotel away from the show? It does seem weird that almost nobody has picked up it.
It's standard practice for companies who do not wish to attend the fair because of unreasonal booth pricinig, limited booth space etc.
We don't want Zalman thinking there isn't a market for these screens
coming soon: zlaman 3D glasses, 3D TVs and 3D projectors???
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If it's still horisontal interleaved then it shouldn't really be named as a 3d hdtv since 3d wont be full hd-res... Just my opinion though but this seems to be the fact when looking at other "x-pol" techs as well.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”