Someone managed to get Polarized Glasses 3D for Notebook?

SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Someone managed to get Polarized Glasses 3D for Notebook?

Post by SebastianJu »

Hello,

Im searching how to get real 3D for the use with my Notebook. First I thought of building a second notebook display on top of the original and a silvermirror in the middle but it seems to me that the 2nd display cant simply connected to the HDMI-port. So I think its not possible.

So whats possible then? It should be lightweighted so that its a portable 3d-system.

Maybe there is a good dual-beamer that it lightweighted?

Someone had success with 3D for Notebook?

Greetings!
Sebastian
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Someone managed to get Polarized Glasses 3D for Notebook?

Post by Tril »

I've never heard of anyone using it (and I don't know if it's still sold or if the price is reasonable for consumers) but I know of a product that does what you are asking for.

Go here (I'm not affiliated with them in any way) : http://www.vrex.com/products/micropol.shtml
Click on "3D Stereo Converter Kit" to see a pdf of their product. It's basically a sheet that polarized even lines in one direction and odd lines in the other. You wear polarized glasses to use it. Since I've never heard of anyone using it, I don't know how well it works. Also, it looks like it only comes in some specific sizes.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SebastianJu »

Hm. Nothing to install... Maybe its one of these old 3D-panels that will simulate 3D-effect? That gives a "look like".

Without installing something it cant work fully with games or am I thinking wrong?

Greetings!
Sebastian
SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SebastianJu »

They will not be contacted. Mails are blocked to their mailadress... So I cant ask them...

Here little more infos: http://www.vrex.com/about/patent.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

Wazabee do a auto stereo (no glasses option) however the laptop screen size needs to be 13.3"

They also do game drivers for it

:)

http://www.wazabee.net/node/290

should be released spring :) which is anytime now :)
SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SebastianJu »

Cant imagine how this will work...

And 13,3 inch is a bit small. I need 17inch...

Greetings!
Sebastian
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

yeah is a bit small, think it works by ,

because they know the size of the screen they can work out where each pixel is. Then you stick this over the top and each pixel is directed to each other eye, ie , pixel 1 to left eye pixel 2 to right eye pixel 3 to left pixel 4 to right. etc

then the software driver offset the left right pixels to give you slightly different views for each eye.

might be wrong though

I have never seen autostereosocpic, so I dont know how good it is, and if it works well.

however I agree its a bit crap on the size front, but pretty damm cool if it works :)
SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SebastianJu »

If it works its a cool technique...

I dont think it depends on the number of pixel because it never can be placed that exact how it should be and only a little difference would result in wrong 3d. And then the panel would work only for one resolution... Even if they would choose different pixel they would need to give the pixel to different eyes. Without polarized glasses I cant imagine how they will do it...

Im asking myself if the 2 panel techniques are similar...

Greetings!
Sebastian

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”