Stereoscopic Player for Linux

cph05a
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereoscopic Player for Linux

Post by cph05a »

Do you guys know of a good stereo 3d player for linux out there? I've been using bino, but I'm not real satisfied with it.
I'd like to find a desktop player similar to yt3d, which gives you a lot of flexibility is both your video format and your display format.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Stereoscopic Player for Linux

Post by iondrive »

hi cph05a,

see the mplayer/mencoder thread in the "S3D Cinema News" section under the "General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion" section. It's for command line jockeys and can seem intimidating at times but if your needs are not complex then it could be good for you. I still have yet to cover frame-sequential shutterglass mode more thoroughly but it might ultimately work for you too. If you're up to it, mplayer can handle all older modes but you may need to re-encode/reformat your videos if you have a half-mirrored setup. Mencoder can handle that if that's the case although the conversion would be faster if you use a helper app like AviSynth which I've heard works under wine. I'm comfortable with the command line usage of mplayer but since it has many graphical front-ends, maybe you will find a nice front-end that you like that still lets you use all the options you want. Be warned, there's way too much info since I've gotten carried away with too many examples. I just wanted to make things easier for people so that they can just cut and paste commands from the thread and not need to modify them much. Good luck and don't get overwhelmed.

--- iondrive ---
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Stereoscopic Player for Linux

Post by Fredz »

If you want to view 3D videos in frame sequential mode under Linux with shutter glasses you can also visit this topic :
Viewing S3D videos with MPlayer on Linux using Genlock

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”