Horrible display of iz3d at local retailer.

Grampy
One Eyed Hopeful

Horrible display of iz3d at local retailer.

Post by Grampy »

Hello everyone,

I just returned from my local Fry's location and saw a display for the 22' iz3d front and center as I entered the store.

I was pretty excited to see the monitor for sale and displayed prominently in such a popular store.

However as I walked to the display I could hear the 2 guys who were looking at it talking about how it looked like garbage. I put on the little 3d glases that they had there, and oh my. The display movie that it was playing, looping a few games, looked horrid. I was pretty amazed that iz3d would allow the store to display the product like it was. The image was so poorly configured, that it gave almost no sense of 3d, and I mean pretty much no sense at all, It was just blurry, hard on the eyes, and a total turn off.

I told the guys that I own one, and that it really does look amazing when set up correctly. I had to explain the basics of how it works, since there was no information at the display as to how the monitor works.

Then the guys says, 'but man, that thing is huge. Look how deep it is.'

Well, the monitor was sitting at the front of an enclosure that I believe housed the computer that was driving the movie. The enclosure had a iz3d paint job an all sides. It kinda did look like perhaps the monitor was one huge CRT. Sheesh, I told him its as thin as most LCD's.

I am pretty much in shock that this is how the monitor is being displayed at such a major outlet, I really would like 3d to take off, and for iz3d to be at the forefront. But I think this kind of exposure is a complete turn off to people who don't know about 3d, or that their is even a 3d monitor that they could purchase. The guy commented that the price was pretty good.

I think you would have better results if you just had a big cardboard poster that showed a few bullet points about the monitor and a link for the website.

very disturbed,
Norm
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Horrible display of iz3d at local retailer.

Post by yuriythebest »

deeply disturbing indeed- hopefully iz3d will fix this asap.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Thank you for your feedback.

Which location is this, so that we can diagnose the issue with the video?
Grampy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grampy »

This was at the Fry's store in Wilsonville, Oregon.

Its enough to give one nightmares.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”