Little kids like 3D, too!

PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Little kids like 3D, too!

Post by PalmerTech »

I wrote this up on my Facebook, and I forgot to post it here. Pretty old, from ComicCon this past summer, but I thought you guys might like it. :lol:

So we had been waiting in line at the Sony Gran Turismo 3D driving simulator, me and my friends. This little kid comes up with his mom, and she is all "Oh, there is a line, I guess we will do something else." I caught on this, and realizing that a small, obviously interested child was about to miss out on experiencing 3D gaming, I gave him my spot in line (I was the next person up). Yeah, I had to wait a lot longer (About 20 minutes), but making the little kid happy was worth it, and I got some cute pics. :P

This was when she turned the 3D on. He was pretty amazed!

Very clearly still amazed.

He had to sit on his mom's lap, and the attendant had to help him not crash. X)

Myself, having nearly as much fun. You know, those journalists are right, the glasses are pretty dorky, but who cares! :woot

As I mentioned elsewhere, low contrast and separation. Contrast was probably to save on ghosting, especially at how bright they needed it to be to compete with the shiny lights everywhere, and separation was to avoid giving people headaches. Not stunning for a stereo veteran, but the rest of my crew was impressed!

Overall, had a ton of fun!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Little kids like 3D, too!

Post by cybereality »

Nice. Can't even imagine what kids these days think when they see games in stereo 3D. Back when I was a kid, this was as good as it got:

Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Really nice story PalmerTech. I beg to differ on the dorky glasses though, they don't look that bad. Not worse than your hawaïan skirt at least... :P
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

@Cyber: He sure seemed excited! That kind of exposure to the general public is great for S3D. :)

@Fredz: That shirt has a long history behind it. I wore it the first time I met Adam Sessler (Host of X-Play) back when that show was great, and I wore the same shirt for when I met up with him this year at ComicCon. :) The story is a lot longer and maybe funnier, depending on your tastes, but that is the short version.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

cybereality wrote:Nice. Can't even imagine what kids these days think when they see games in stereo 3D. Back when I was a kid, this was as good as it got:

videogame music was way better back then, never saw stereo coin-op though. But I have immense collection of arcade music.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”