CES, Part 1/3: Vuzix, 3D Panel Discussion

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

CES, Part 1/3: Vuzix, 3D Panel Discussion

Post by Neil »

Share your thoughts on the Vuzix Wrap 920AV.

Also, Do you buy into the need to avoid a standards war? I say bring it on! What do you say?

Regards,
Neil
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: CES, Part 1/3: Vuzix, 3D Panel Discussion

Post by ssiu »

As a consumer, I feel strongly that we need S3D standard on the "S3D signal". Then all "S3D signal provider" (S3D console games, S3D PC games, S3D Blue-Ray players etc.) must output signal to that standard, and all S3D display devices (S3D HDTVs, S3D monitors, S3D projectors etc.) must accept that signal and display things properly.

There can be competition on different technologies (e.g. we can continue to have different output technologies like DLP checkerboard with active shutter glasses, row-interlaced display with polarized glasses, iZ3d-type display with 2-panel full-resolution and polarized glasses). Xbox360/PS3 can compete on who has better S3D games, etc.

But as a consumer, I need assurance that I can choose any S3D display devices, and it will work on any S3D game/movie devices.

Right now, if I want to get an S3D HDTV, I can spend close to $2000 on a Samsung/Mitsubishi DLP, but I have no assurance that future S3D Blu-Ray player or S3D Xbox360/PS3/Xbox720/PS4 consoles can work on it. Totally unacceptable gamble on $2000. Hence I still haven't bought an HDTV.

Similarly with current S3D monitors. They work on PCs, but if I get one I want them to work on S3D consoles/Blu-Ray players too.

EDIT: BlackShark already said the same thing in another thread http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2321 and I totally agree, except he said "would it be possible to agree on a universal transmission method" and I said "it must happen"
BlackShark wrote: about communication between drivers and 3D screens :
At the moment it seems like every 3D monitor uses a different transmission method.
Some use interlaced, others use pageflipped, others use full color + polarisation... This makes 3D drivers more complicated and forced every 3D driver to support every type of screen, and makes hardware based playback a nightmare (for hardware blu-ray players for example)
Now, for the displays of next year (or two years from now) would it be possible to agree on a universal transmission method that carries both full images for both eyes, and then a chip in the display transforms this universal signal into the device native signal.
11vie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 11vie »

wonderful! thanks for the info..

assurance vie
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

where is the article? this system is very uncomfortable- make it into a blog-like thingy
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

All editorials are found here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newsletter.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will come up with a better system. :D

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Neil wrote:All editorials are found here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newsletter.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will come up with a better system. :D
The system is fine, all you need to do is link to the article in the first post. Simple enough.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

ok read it- but a good fix would be neil actually copying the article to the threads
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

I agree!

Will take care of this.

Regards,
Neil
chocnuts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chocnuts »

it was a good read. thanks!

commission de surendettement
- commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement.
bradcapo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bradcapo »

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

plan solution commission de surendettement - commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement.plan solution commission de surendettement

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”