PS3 and the move camera

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

PS3 and the move camera

Post by VRgamesterz »

Fellas!!!

This prob is a DUMB question but has anyone tried to connect more then 1 camera to the PS3? Or snyc up the controller and then plug another one in to give a bigger FOV, reason im asking is I know that max for the camera is 75 deg, and I would like to make it possible for almost 360deg or half, what if a fresenl lens was added infront of the camera, hahaha stupid right. would it see the area bigger. Its a shame you have to play this infront of a tv and depending on the size of you tv, you dont move much. I like the fact that the wii had wireless sensor bars and you could connect more then one for more movement.

Maybe I have to step into the stupid box and try this out.
It will prob fail in 3 sec, plug and EPIC FAIL!

Like I asked, it's a dumb question so be nice if you respond.

Ku
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: PS3 and the move camera

Post by cybereality »

I've never heard of that being done, but I would wonder if there were any 3rd party attachments to increase FOV like they have for the Kinect.
PS3John
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PS3John »

Yeah, doesn't really work like that. But good luck if you give it a try!

What I would suggest... They make a lens adapter that increases the field of view for the Kinect... Either use that, or they may even possibly make one for the move.
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

My guess is that it would not work well to add a wide angle lens, because it's likely that the Move's algorithm to track absolute "ball" position relies on a fixed FOV. Changing that variable might introduce an error into this computation so that it would have a distorted understanding of the controller's position.

Having said that - it could be game dependent. Some games might just respond to vectored motion in which case the distorted angle wouldn't matter all that much. Other games may need a more precise coordinate in which case the control interface would be distorted in some way.

Hmm. Now that I've talked myself through it I'm actually curious as to what it would do in various games. It's easy enough to test. Here's a cheap wide angle lens, but I know jack-sh*t about optics so others on this forum can probably point you in the direction of a better lens.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UE ... beticbooks

Return to “Do it Yourself!”