[REQ] Matlab + Psychtoolbox + Nvidia 3D Vision

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
Shymere
One Eyed Hopeful

[REQ] Matlab + Psychtoolbox + Nvidia 3D Vision

Post by Shymere »

Ok guys... please help me... I'm going crazy :)

I'm doing some research on visual perception and for some experiments I wan to run, that would be great to be able to display on the screen 3D stereoscopic images. Because I need to record subjects behavior when involved in specific task, I want to be able to display the 3D pictures in a Matlab interface.

So here's the big picture :
- I used to Fuji w1 to take some photographs... I extract from the MPO the left and right jpg pictures.
- I want to show alternatively each picture one the screen with a 120 hz refresh rate, using a matlab toolbox, the Psychtoolbox, interfaced with the nvidia 3D system

But I encounter one problem :
- How to force the activation of the emitter and the shutter glasses when opening the matlab window ?

My Nvidia 3D system works perfectly on a Win7, 64 bits, at this time with a CRT but i should receive a LCD soon. I also have a Quadro FX580. I test it on games, 3d nvidia video player, 3d nvidia picture viewer, and everything is just awesome !!
But what can I do to make it available for others applications like matlab to display stereoscopic pictures ?

I heard about the activator proposed by cms but did not handle its compilation. I thought about the e-D activator but does not work better.
I'm not skilled at C or OpenGL programming but if I need, I will learn. I just need to figure out what is the good way to reach my aim witrhout wasting time

I would be glad if someone can give me a solution, or at least a way to start that I should be able to understand

thanks in advance,
Sorry for my broken english

Shym
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: [REQ] Matlab + Psychtoolbox + Nvidia 3D Vision

Post by Fredz »

zeigerpuppy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [REQ] Matlab + Psychtoolbox + Nvidia 3D Vision

Post by zeigerpuppy »

Looks like this could be a bit tricky without a quadro card.
I have a GTX 280 and a Samsung 2233RZ with 3D vision.
My understanding is that we need to enable openGL, not direct X to get psychtoolbox working,
then it should be fairly simple... will keep digging

See this forum: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/psyc ... sage/10854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Do it Yourself!”