NEW GALLERY - POST THE PROBLEMS HERE

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NEW GALLERY - POST THE PROBLEMS HERE

Post by sharky »

hi guys please post here if youre experiencing problems with the new gallery.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Problem with acess to MTBS Photo Exchange

Post by falcon96 »

There seems to be something wrong in the MTBS Photo Exchange , I get to this site after a few seconds:
http://ya.ru/
Neil

Post by Neil »

FIXED!!!! :P

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,
Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

ok guys, i have disabled the commenting of the images for users.

i had to remove the antispam security from the gallery to fix the problem, and due to major upgrades planed for the end of this year its senseless to readd the protection so i simply disabled the comments.

bye

have fun

ps: rating system of the images is still active! pass your comment with that one.. ;)
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

I don't see the upload option after I highlight the @ symbol.
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Neil

Post by Neil »

Sorry about that. The gallery is temporarily turned off because we are doing updates to the site. Something big is happening...

Regards,
Neil
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

so I have to convert the jps files to upload them? how?
Albert Einstein
Neil

Post by Neil »

Rename *.jps to *.jpg. They are the same file type, they are just named differently.

Regards,
Neil
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

I cant remember where but I thought I read you could post comments under some ones pic in the gallery?
Albert Einstein
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Neil, I have run and used Coppermine galleries before and I just want to warn you that spam bots will use the galleries too if you haven't figured that out already. Just a warning from another user.
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
sharky

Post by sharky »

thanks for the hint. this is why why locked the comments, but now we reopened the comments since the new registration system prevents spambots to register..

bye

igor
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi. This is a request on a special functionality if it's somehow easy to implement. Sometimes you might want to link to pictures via thumbnails in a thread like this:

Image Image Image Image

The code to paste in the forum is easy and could be showed next to the URL-code in the properties or where it best fit for just copy/paste. :D
This can be done as it is now but you have to get the adresses for the pictures/thumbnails and manually change the line for them in the codeline.

Code: Select all

[URL=http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10498/UT20040000ig.jpg][img]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10498/thumb_UT20040000ig.jpg[/img][/URL]
No need to bother if it's somehow messes up stuffs though.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
DickDastardly
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DickDastardly »

I have a suggestion for the gallery: How about allowing users to upload a zip file of an entire album in .jps format? The small split image jpg files are okay if you just want to use the cross-eyed technique to quickly check from your browser if an album is worth looking through (and they're also good for those without 3D hardware), but it would be much more convenient to then be able to download the entire album in one go, ready for viewing properly in the stereo viewer. (I realise I can save each jpg individually and change their extension to jps but for any sizable number of files this becomes pretty tedious -I've just put together an album of 70 IL2'46 screenshots, but I can't really see anyone being willing to individually save and rename 70 jpgs just to see them properly).
Cheers,
DD
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Agree with DickD here, especially on the movies, I can't watch them in a browser, so I have to parse for the link in the source, that is pretty hardcore for people who just want to watch the movie.

With the .jps/.jpg I wouldn't mind if there was a link beside each (or possibly a link to each in the album on one page), that way it wouldn't be too hard to "save-as" them one at a time.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
DickDastardly
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DickDastardly »

Having just uploaded 15 of the IL2 screenshots I mentioned, I have a bit more feedback on the uploading system:

1. There needs to be a [SAME AS PREVIOUS] button on the form where you fill in all the details about the game and the image. This should automatically fill in the same information as before. You can't expect people to fill out 20+ fields for every image they upload, particularly when most of the fields are going to be identical for each image.

2. Links aren't underlined in the text below each image so viewers have no way of knowing that they ARE links unless they hover their mouse over every word.

3. Links don't work in the album thumbnails view, they only work once you've actually clicked a thumbnail.

4. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit an image's details after you've first entered them.

5. It would be nice to be able to upload more than 5 images at a time.

Cheers,
DD
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Can someone upload a public domain G rated test video that takes longer than 5 minutes to upload to the gallery? It has to be longer than 5 minutes to upload.

We are trying to determine if a bug has been fixed in the upload system. If you can do it, and you don't get a time-out error, that would be good news for us.

Thanks in advance,
Neil
tmp-mediagroup
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereovideo with Direct3D Application

Post by tmp-mediagroup »

Hi guys,

i have a problem. I have a high-end computer system with enough 3d power to run every game. I use the IZ3D driver for the applications to activate 3d. I want to capture the "dualprojection" mode in a video file but it don´t work with fraps or gamecam. Without the IZ3D driver i can use Fraps but with the driver the capture software is deactivated. What can i do?

Please help me :(

Kind Regards
Matthias
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Stereovideo with Direct3D Application

Post by LukePC1 »

tmp-mediagroup wrote:Hi guys,

i have a problem. I have a high-end computer system with enough 3d power to run every game. I use the IZ3D driver for the applications to activate 3d. I want to capture the "dualprojection" mode in a video file but it don´t work with fraps or gamecam. Without the IZ3D driver i can use Fraps but with the driver the capture software is deactivated. What can i do?

Please help me :(

Kind Regards
Matthias
ask IZ3D for a S3D recording feature?
I think it's on their road map...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
tmp-mediagroup
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tmp-mediagroup »

hehe yes i asked them some month ago :) But i thought there is a solution with (maybe) camtasia or anything else :)
sharky

Post by sharky »

iz3d drivers have one composite image and a grayscale image. there is no way to record it side by side without a special feature inside the drivers itself. maybe if you buy the side by side output you can do it with camtasia if you specify a area big enough.

please if you have further questions about this open a new topic in the proper section.

thanks

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Neil

MTBS Gallery Enhancement

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I posted a new method of viewing S-3D images in our gallery. Share your experiences with this. It's not perfect, but if you can find an even better way of doing this, I'm game.

http://mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/rss.cgi?news_id=231

Regards,
Neil
Silversurfer

Re: NEW GALLERY - POST THE PROBLEMS HERE

Post by Silversurfer »

Hi Guyz

Can't see my uploaded files today, help? It's holding up my New Feed post.

Cheerz

Emmanuel / SilverSurfer
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Neil

Post by Neil »

You uploaded to the gallery?

What directory?

I just went through last uploads in the gallery - and I see nothing there.

Regards,
Neil
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Oops sorry looks like I didn't hit the continue button and put them in a specific folder. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers, Emmanuel
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

How do you download/watch the 3d videos?
Albert Einstein
Neil

Post by Neil »

Which browser are you using?

Regards,
Neil
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

Firefox with the vr920.
Albert Einstein
Neil

Post by Neil »

Do you have the Microsoft Media Player add-on for Firefox?

Regards,
Neil
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

no but if I did could I watch it in 3d?
Last edited by wuhlei on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Einstein
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

You can download them onto disk. I use to right click the vidwindow (didn't bother installing any addons), select properties and there you have a direct link like: http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... demo21.AVI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; etc... I'm using firefox.
I rather have good media saved on the computer anyway.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

Cool Thanks
Albert Einstein
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

DepthCharge 2.5

Post by iondrive »

OK, Forgive me for posting a solution instead of a problem.

So the current sView stereoscopic viewer is 0.4.0.9 and doesn't support interlaced output but I've found something that does. Maybe you know about this already but I didn't see it mentioned in your instructions about viewing 3d images on this forum's gallery. Anyway, if you're an interlaced user, you can follow the same instructions as you would for sView regarding the "ViewSourceWith" add-on except substitute DepthCharge instead. You can get it from the Vrex website:

http://www.vrex.com/depthcharge/DCInstaller_2_5.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then enjoy right-clicking and viewing the 3d screenshots here.

Personally, I would like a plugin like YouTube's where I can see the 3d in the web page without opening a new window. Maybe mplayer can do it. I'll try something sometime but I doubt very much I will be successful. mplayer can "play" an image as if it were a slideshow with only one slide in it.

--- iondrive ---

PS: instructions for using ViewSourceWith is here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newslette ... ews_id=61/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PPS: I checked to make sure this is compatible with the Zalman monitors since I believe that the top line goes to your right eye and that's what the DepthCharge can output along with some other anaglyph modes and sync-doubling if your dongle recognizes the colored line pattern. Tell me if I'm right Zalman-owners. If it's wrong, then I think you can't use this since I see no way to do "reversed" interlacing. You'll just have to wear your glasses upside-down. Or make another pair with opposite polarity. How hard would that be by the way?

One last thing. When you get this working, you can use the numpad + and - keys to zoom in and out up to fullscreen maximum size. OK bye.
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi,

I am wishing to post more than 50MB of photos to my gallery for some mods I want to share.

I have hit the limit and cannot download anymore, which sort of defeats the purpose of sharing - as more information and pictures is usually a helpful thing.

Can you please increase my quota.

If possible to 200MB, even though I probably won't need all that space.

Thank you.

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”