Small Dev Steals Assets From Countless Games

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Small Dev Steals Assets From Countless Games

Post by cybereality »

Really shocking! I'm not sure if this is a hoax or what, but someone is in deep trouble:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53090 (via Kotaku)
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I think that's a big 'WHAT NOT TO DO TO MAKE MONEY... and stay out of prison'! If the developers had any sense you'd have thought they'd not use such widely distributed source material.
It's one thing to take someone elses idea and implement it in your own way which, while questionable, happens all the time in the gaming industry, but this is just a total ripoff of the other games!
Looks like there could be several publishers taking them to the cleaners over this. :?: Just glad I'm not working for them.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

android78 wrote:Looks like there could be several publishers taking them to the cleaners over this. :?: Just glad I'm not working for them.
It gets even better. Not only did they rip of tons of games (oblivion, WoW, unreal2004, RTCW, etc.) they also ripped shots straight out of movies (spawn, pirates of the caribbean). Unbelievable!!! These guys are getting sued into the next century!
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Lol, hosted on Geocities.

I love the crappy MS paint quality of the "snow" on those ripped off locations, screams quality doesn't it?

Return to “General Discussion”