My Nvidia 3D Vision Review

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: My Nvidia 3D Vision Review

Post by The_Doctor »

I checked this and the switch doesn't affect the nvidia glasses. I'm not sure how to switch them for projectors, but I'm sure somebody can find a way.
Thanks very much for continuing to experiment Doc. This may be a daft question, but when you reversed the page flipping with the wired non-nvidia glasses device, did it reverse the 3D for both the wired glasses and the nVidia glasses?
Cheers,
DD
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

The_Doctor wrote:
distantreader wrote:I've been using this "adjust desktop color settings" under XP, and since yesterday, under Vista and it works in games for both OSes. (I use IZ3D/interlace for S3D, though I don't think that should matter). The "adjust video color settings" should not work for in game since it's for video.
EDIT: May not applicable for 3D vision kit, according to people here who has the kit.
The_Doctor wrote:@edgoll - Can you somehow set the brightness from the nvidia control panel for inside games? There are "Adjust desktop color settings" and "Adjust video color settings", neither affects the brightness inside the games. In XP changing setting in the desktop color settings affected the games. Maybe somebody else more familiar with vista knows how to do that?
Doesn't work for me at all, but it wasn't an xp upgrade, it was straight vista. It used to work in xp, so maybe that's why it works for you. The changes don't affect anything in game, not even without stereo, it goes back to default and then back to whatever I set on the desktop only. If the game has a brightness setting, that works, but not all do.

Sometimes I want to just make it 5-10% brighter that's why I am asking.
Am I understanding, Doctor, that even using the "superbright" button/setting on this new monitor that you still find it a bit "underlit?"

k
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Well, brightness at 100%, it is much better than the crt, but I wouldn't mind being able to adjust it. the magic bright dynamic contrast stuff is useless, it dynamically sets the contrast and brightness but it's very bad, lots of ghosting with that on.
colecoman1982
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by colecoman1982 »

Hi,

I've been lurking around the stereo 3d community, on and off, for a while hoping that something would come out at a reasonable price. My ideal would be a eMagin style HDM with, at least, 1024x768 resolution but, barring that, I've been following the nVidia 3D Vision stuff. $200 is, definitely, a lot more expensive that the previous generation of shutter glasses, but the features (wireless, direct convergence control on the pyramid, etc.) and reviews seem to suggest that these are higher quality which tends to mitigate the price for me. Of course, It all ceases to be affordable when you have to buy a new 22" monitor for $400 - ~$500 or DLP TV/Projector for $1000+. This was, especially, grating for me as I had just purchase a new 28" monitor a few months ago which I see no reason to replace, much less with a smaller 22" one.

My solution was to purchase a used IBM P275 on ebay for ~$65. It may be smaller than my main monitor, but it was much cheaper than the officially recommended monitors and should be able to put out at least 100-120hz at 1280x1024. For a combined price of about $265 I can give the tech a try and also have a secondary monitor (my 28" also doubles as my TV in my studio apartment). Any used monitor from the last generation of high-end CRTs should work just as well. The only problem I'm having is getting access to refresh rate settings over 100hz in Vista. It seems either Vista or the nVdia drivers are locked at 100hz. I've found some references on Google to the possibility of editing some nVidia driver files to open up access but haven't found all the details yet.

Thanks to you guys in this thread, I now have another option as well. Once the CRT has allowed me to install the drivers, I'll be able to try the shutter glasses on my, much larger, 28". It can't do 100hz+, but it can do up to ~85hz and I've never been very sensitive to low refresh rate displays so I may not have problems using it.

Again, thanks for the info about the shutter glasses as well as about getting them to work with <100hz monitors. If anyone happens to know how to open up higher refresh rates in Vista, I'd appreciate any help.

-Colecoman1982
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Be careful, I tested them on under 100HZ crt monitors, not lcd, I don't think anybody knows how if that would work. And are you sure it's really 85HZ?
colecoman1982 wrote:Hi,

I've been lurking around the stereo 3d community, on and off, for a while hoping that something would come out at a reasonable price. My ideal would be a eMagin style HDM with, at least, 1024x768 resolution but, barring that, I've been following the nVidia 3D Vision stuff. $200 is, definitely, a lot more expensive that the previous generation of shutter glasses, but the features (wireless, direct convergence control on the pyramid, etc.) and reviews seem to suggest that these are higher quality which tends to mitigate the price for me. Of course, It all ceases to be affordable when you have to buy a new 22" monitor for $400 - ~$500 or DLP TV/Projector for $1000+. This was, especially, grating for me as I had just purchase a new 28" monitor a few months ago which I see no reason to replace, much less with a smaller 22" one.

My solution was to purchase a used IBM P275 on ebay for ~$65. It may be smaller than my main monitor, but it was much cheaper than the officially recommended monitors and should be able to put out at least 100-120hz at 1280x1024. For a combined price of about $265 I can give the tech a try and also have a secondary monitor (my 28" also doubles as my TV in my studio apartment). Any used monitor from the last generation of high-end CRTs should work just as well. The only problem I'm having is getting access to refresh rate settings over 100hz in Vista. It seems either Vista or the nVdia drivers are locked at 100hz. I've found some references on Google to the possibility of editing some nVidia driver files to open up access but haven't found all the details yet.

Thanks to you guys in this thread, I now have another option as well. Once the CRT has allowed me to install the drivers, I'll be able to try the shutter glasses on my, much larger, 28". It can't do 100hz+, but it can do up to ~85hz and I've never been very sensitive to low refresh rate displays so I may not have problems using it.

Again, thanks for the info about the shutter glasses as well as about getting them to work with <100hz monitors. If anyone happens to know how to open up higher refresh rates in Vista, I'd appreciate any help.

-Colecoman1982
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Speaking of that I tried the nvidia glasses on the samsung 120HZ monitor at 100Hz and 60Hz and stereo works ok with zero flicker. I'm not sure if it really does 60HZ and not just resets itself to 120HZ even though it says 1680*1050@60HZ in the 3d nvidia thing.
VOXEL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VOXEL »

The question for those who have already bought the nvidia 3D Stereo Vision glasses:

Anybody can export branch of the Registry "NVIDIA Corporation" (with activated is on 3D Vision pageflip) and put on file share (rapidshare or another) or attached to the message ?
Addresses in the registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ NVIDIA Corporation" , and if 64-bit windows, and then "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ NVIDIA Corporation"

And that's what: Does anyone know (or read the forums) DWORD value for the monitor-ID of the new monitors samsung and viewsonic?

We are grateful to you.
Last edited by VOXEL on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english )
rkuo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rkuo »

You can check the refresh rate at any time from the OSD menu of the monitor.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Good idea. It's always 120HZ.
rkuo wrote:You can check the refresh rate at any time from the OSD menu of the monitor.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Got a set of these on the way to the uk :D Will be testing with several different projectors and post results here.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
Frettchen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frettchen »

Hiya chrisjarram,
would be cool if you could test your hi-power emitter together with ED-glasses also!
Hopefully the Benq's do work as I've got a PB6240!
Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Yep, if he's talking about an LCD there there is practically zero chance of pageflipping working unless it is one of the 120hz models which have been designed with this application specifically in mind. 'Normal' lcds simply do not work with pageflipping unless used in interlaced mode (somewhat pointless really).
The_Doctor wrote:Be careful, I tested them on under 100HZ crt monitors, not lcd, I don't think anybody knows how if that would work. And are you sure it's really 85HZ?
colecoman1982 wrote:Hi,

-Colecoman1982
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Frettchen wrote:Hiya chrisjarram,
would be cool if you could test your hi-power emitter together with ED-glasses also!
Hopefully the Benq's do work as I've got a PB6240!
Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!
I might give this a try, but likely will just use my CrystalEyes for the big rig. We've already established in this thread the eDims will work as they are VESA standard - you'll need to have the 3dvision ir emitter plugged in to enable pageflip however.

BTW if they do work I've got a couple of projectors for sale in the UK at the moment - a Sharp XR-10X (NOT xl), and a BenQ MP721 if anyone is interested (pm me pls). Will confirm these work with the nvidia glasses though.
rkuo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rkuo »

Posting a couple more pics of Mirror's edge thru each lens so you can see the ghosting.

I would say the ghosting is slightly worse than what you see in the pics, but this is fairly representative of what I'm seeing. Luckily the pictures from my camera seem to mostly reproduce what I'm seeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VOXEL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VOXEL »

VOXEL wrote:The question for those who have already bought the nvidia 3D Stereo Vision glasses:

Anybody can export branch of the Registry "NVIDIA Corporation" (with activated is on 3D Vision pageflip) and put on file share (rapidshare or another) or attached to the message ?
Addresses in the registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ NVIDIA Corporation" , and if 64-bit windows, and then "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ NVIDIA Corporation"

And that's what: Does anyone know (or read the forums) DWORD value for the monitor-ID of the new monitors samsung and viewsonic?

We are grateful to you.
People! I need the contents of the registry tree ( "NVIDIA Corporation" ), please.
For me, it's important. ;-)
Sorry for my bad english )
Damo3000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Damo3000 »

and a BenQ MP721 if anyone is interested (pm me pls). Will confirm these work with the nvidia glasses though.
I have this same projector and am currently dying to know if it will work with the Nvidia glasses. Things are really looking up but the reverse pageflip problem could still be an issue for me. I have the High Output IR Emitter which can reverse the Edim glasses, but the Nvidia glasses may not reverse, I dunno! Want...to...place...order...now! But must wait to see if they will really work or not!

Thanks for the research y'all :mrgreen:
Windows 8
Nvidia 3D Vision
Oculus Rift Dev 1.0
GTX 470
Optoma HD33
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

DAMO 3000: Your avatar turns my stomach every time I see it.

Don't suppose you would consider using something else?

[Don't get me wrong...I "get" it, sure. But it still makes me sick]

k
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

kekewons wrote:DAMO 3000: Your avatar turns my stomach every time I see it.

Don't suppose you would consider using something else?

[Don't get me wrong...I "get" it, sure. But it still makes me sick]

k
How about some cheese with your whine? :wink:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

And how 'bout some "butt OUT" to go with your own "overly long nose?"

The post was addressed to Damo3000, and not to you...so get lost!

k
Okta

Post by Okta »

kekewons wrote:And how 'bout some "butt OUT" to go with your own "overly long nose?"

k
Oh boo hoo cry me a river, how about you PM damo if you have an issue with his avatar and dont want anyone else to know what a little sook you are.

Think next time before you post on a public forum.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

The proper response is "oops. Sorry I stuck my oar into your conversation, " but of course YOU wouldn't understand. So one must, instead, educate YOU with a 2x4 upside the head.

Besides, who said I didn't want anyone else to know?

WHAM! Idiot! Has it rung a bell YET? BUTT THE FU** OUT!

Some people are too stupid even to "get" 2D...and you are clearly among them!.

Think...twice...before you next post on a public forum.

k
Last edited by kekewons on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okta

Post by Okta »

kekewons wrote:The proper response is "oops. Sorry I stuck my oar into your conversation, " but of course YOU wouldn't understand. So one must, instead, educate YOU with a 2x4 upside the head.

WHAM! Idiot! Has it rung a bell YET? BUTT THE FU** OUT!

Some people are too stupid even to "get" 2D...and you are among them!.

k
Lol the tears are running fast. This will be deleted anyway but i have been entertained by the hurt feelings of such a little girl. :P
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

Whatever, fool.

It's quite clear who started this little war...and who didn't.

My sympathies to any...and all...who happen to know you personally.

k
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

rkuo wrote:Figure I'll post here first instead of creating another thread.

I received the Samsung monitor + glasses bundle on Wednesday. I've been trying to get this game to work properly with Mirror's edge for a while as well as other games.

The major problem I'm encountering is that there is serious ghosting....or at least, serious to a newbie like me. It's especially pronounced in white areas and makes it really hard to focus on the scene in question.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's the monitor or the glasses that's causing the problem, but I'm starting to suspect the glasses. If the glasses are on, and you hold down the power button, it appears to test one or both of the lenses by activating the lens and holding it. When a lens is on like this, I can look through the lens and see that the image on the screen is still visible. Actually, what's happening is that only the part of the lens which i'm looking straight into is blocking the light ... the rest of the lens is just very, but not perfectly opaque. It's almost as if the curvature of the lens means only the part that's right between my eye and the screen can block light decently. On the other hand, maybe it's the monitor too. Who knows? It's hard to tell, and there's no 3d screenshot function for me to test with either.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing ghosting issues with this kit and/or monitor. Are there combinations of hardware that might fix this problem...different glasses, different monitor, or what? I really can't take much more of this ... for 600 + the amt I spent to get a computer ready to play these games, I expect working hardware.
Just to get this thread back on topic (or at least close to it)... rkuo, you definitely have some issues going on. If you haven't already done so, I would reinstall the Nvidia software but after looking at your pictures I seriously doubt this will help. Call Nvidia support as it isn't normal for shutterglasses to have a uniformity issue as serious as you are seeing. I just installed the kit last night on my rig and my initial impressions are very positive. I haven't seen anything like what you describe.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

The_Doctor wrote:I checked this and the switch doesn't affect the nvidia glasses. I'm not sure how to switch them for projectors, but I'm sure somebody can find a way.
Thanks very much for continuing to experiment Doc. This may be a daft question, but when you reversed the page flipping with the wired non-nvidia glasses device, did it reverse the 3D for both the wired glasses and the nVidia glasses?
Cheers,
DD
yes that is a daft question :)

OK the basics - all the sync signal is, is a square wave coming from the sync pin in the VGA port. When a switch is flipped, this square wave is inverted in the dongle - so will only affect any glasses attached to it. The nvidia dongle has a VESA input, it is a 10 minute job to wire the VGA port sync pin to this and invert it.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Damo3000 wrote:
and a BenQ MP721 if anyone is interested (pm me pls). Will confirm these work with the nvidia glasses though.
I have this same projector and am currently dying to know if it will work with the Nvidia glasses. Things are really looking up but the reverse pageflip problem could still be an issue for me. I have the High Output IR Emitter which can reverse the Edim glasses, but the Nvidia glasses may not reverse, I dunno! Want...to...place...order...now! But must wait to see if they will really work or not!

Thanks for the research y'all :mrgreen:
Reverse page flip is no issue whatsoever, see my post above. It is electronics 101.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

kekewons wrote:Whatever, fool.

It's quite clear who started this little war...and who didn't.

My sympathies to any...and all...who happen to know you personally.

k
Now now children...
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Okta wrote:
kekewons wrote:And how 'bout some "butt OUT" to go with your own "overly long nose?"

k
Think next time before you post on a public forum.
He said, publicly ;)
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

If anybody can run this stuff in SLI please post your results. I think nvidia says it is supported, but does it help at all or is it crap scaling like most sli stuff?

I am running rfactor F1 2005 ctdp mod @ 1680*1050 @120HZ on Core2Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ overclocked to 3.2 GHZ and the thing goes below 30 fps quite often. This is on a gtx280 overclocked to 700MHZ from the "normal" 602MHZ. Lowering details does nothing but with no stereo goes up to over 100 fps (and it sucks too).
Damo3000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Damo3000 »

Now, if we can please get off this silly 3D stuff and get back to talking about my disgusting stomach turning avatar!

LOL, Ill change it, to be honest it is kinda weird looking. Im just trying to find something else.

As far as the page flip thing goes, glad to hear its electronics 101 but I will need some instructions on that! Would you do something to the Nvidia emitter?
Windows 8
Nvidia 3D Vision
Oculus Rift Dev 1.0
GTX 470
Optoma HD33
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

The good news is that the 3D Vision package I ordered arrived this morning. The bad news is that the setup wizard says my "8800 GTS graphics card is not compatible with the GeForce 3D vision". WTF? It says 8800 GTS being compatible on its system requirements, could it be because mine being 640MB version? The 8800GTS 640MB is not listed but who the hell would think it has to be matching down to each digit? I like the touch and feel of the product, well packaged, very nice design compared to LCD shutterglasses of the past. I'd really feel bad if I've got to return this thing. Anyone runs into this problem already?

EDIT: I reinstalled Vista clean and the kit works. Took a while and I didn't have much time left, only tried one game: The Witcher EE, the weird thing is when turning on AA in game, 3D Vision glasses does not work (ie see both images, resulting in a blurred picture) but the I-Art shutterLCD works (with its own emitter). Both glasses tested concurrently. Turned, AA off and boom, 3D Vision glasses engaged in S3D and of course the I-Art glasses are also.

EDIT2: Tomb Raider: Underworld looks incredible with 3D Vision. I played it with Nvidia stereo/I-Art under XP before but 3D Vision glasses gives it a significant extension on bright and full color saturation. (Also water now looks realistic, both over and under, with the new Forceware/Stereo driver pair 181.20 downloaded from the Nvidia 3D Vision homepage).

I miss the IZ3D effective controls of convergence/divergence and the 3 presets. If IZ3D comes out with the pageflip in the future I'll still purchase that output. Hopefully between the two drivers, all the games will be covered.
Last edited by distantreader on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
edgoll
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edgoll »

Hi Rkuo, Looking at your screenshots i see one thing that may be causing the difference between your experience and others (or at least mine). This may come down to preference on how you set up convergence but to me the best s3d is when the distant objects have zero offset and the close ones have maybe an inch. Your screenshot seems to show the same or greater convergence( separation) on distant buildings as for close objects. On my screen with my settings those objects would have no separation therefore no ghosting. The closer objects tend not to be up against light sky therefore it is much less apparent.

I would be interested in other opinions on the convergence setup as it seems all the Nvidia out of the box settings are set for the same (or even negative convergence up close) across the range from close to far. That seems wrong to me. All I know is in the real world when I hold my finger up in front of my face and close one eye and then the other the offset is large. When I move my finger to infinity (nice trick I know) i have zero offset. That is the way I like my s3d and it also seems to reduce ghosting effects.

rkuo wrote:Posting a couple more pics of Mirror's edge thru each lens so you can see the ghosting.

I would say the ghosting is slightly worse than what you see in the pics, but this is fairly representative of what I'm seeing. Luckily the pictures from my camera seem to mostly reproduce what I'm seeing.
Blackbird 002, Maingear
GPU: Nvidia geforce 3d glasses, VR Vive Pro, Oculus; Mothballed 3d hardware: eDdimensional, z800
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

edgoll, I noticed you use sli. Can you do some tests with sli on and off and measure with fraps what the difference is?
edgoll
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edgoll »

Doc, I am also not sure whether and how Sli is handled by the stereo drivers. On two tests I made I got wierd results.

Fallout 3..
SLi off I get 46 fps stereo off, 29 with it on
Sli on I get 49 fps stereo off, crash to desktop with it on

Call of Duty World at War..
Sli off I get 64 fps w stereo off, 47 with it on
Sli on, I get 70 fps w stereo off, 35 with it on? lower than with no SLI??

Ill keep testing but I am skeptical so far of whether Sli really works w SLI and stereo. That would be quite a shame since the frame rate hit from Stereo would make functioning SLi nice to have.

The_Doctor wrote:If anybody can run this stuff in SLI please post your results. I think nvidia says it is supported, but does it help at all or is it crap scaling like most sli stuff?

I am running rfactor F1 2005 ctdp mod @ 1680*1050 @120HZ on Core2Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ overclocked to 3.2 GHZ and the thing goes below 30 fps quite often. This is on a gtx280 overclocked to 700MHZ from the "normal" 602MHZ. Lowering details does nothing but with no stereo goes up to over 100 fps (and it sucks too).
Blackbird 002, Maingear
GPU: Nvidia geforce 3d glasses, VR Vive Pro, Oculus; Mothballed 3d hardware: eDdimensional, z800
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Ok, I think that means sli support is not working. Maybe after more driver updates it will get better but considering it doesn't work very good for non-stereo stuff I don't think I'll ever work right.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

chrisjarram wrote:Got a set of these on the way to the uk :D Will be testing with several different projectors and post results here.
Excellent, this will be the real thing.
Damo3000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Damo3000 »

I too bit the bullet and ordered a pair. I will be testing with my Benq mp721 to see if I can get them working. I also have Edim glasses which I hope I can somehow get working in tandem with the Nvidia glasses. Cross your fingers (and your eyes!). I hope I dont check this forum while waiting for them to arrive only to discover they dont work!
Windows 8
Nvidia 3D Vision
Oculus Rift Dev 1.0
GTX 470
Optoma HD33
Damo3000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Damo3000 »

I also changed my avatar!!! HAPPY??!??!
Windows 8
Nvidia 3D Vision
Oculus Rift Dev 1.0
GTX 470
Optoma HD33
rkuo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rkuo »

edgoll wrote:Hi Rkuo, Looking at your screenshots i see one thing that may be causing the difference between your experience and others (or at least mine). This may come down to preference on how you set up convergence but to me the best s3d is when the distant objects have zero offset and the close ones have maybe an inch. Your screenshot seems to show the same or greater convergence( separation) on distant buildings as for close objects. On my screen with my settings those objects would have no separation therefore no ghosting. The closer objects tend not to be up against light sky therefore it is much less apparent.

I would be interested in other opinions on the convergence setup as it seems all the Nvidia out of the box settings are set for the same (or even negative convergence up close) across the range from close to far. That seems wrong to me. All I know is in the real world when I hold my finger up in front of my face and close one eye and then the other the offset is large. When I move my finger to infinity (nice trick I know) i have zero offset. That is the way I like my s3d and it also seems to reduce ghosting effects.
I used to have it at a much lower separation. Doesn't really make much of a difference ... I just see the ghosting overlapping other objects and obscuring my ability to focus. Anyway, the consensus seems to be that I have a defective pair of glasses, which I certainly hope is the case. Going to work on an exchange today.

The default convergence for every game I've tried is wrong. I generally need to move the scene behind the monitor, otherwise any 2d elements become visually impossible and/or I go crosseyed or confused from trying to focus on eyes on something that shouldn't be that close to my face.
Okta

Post by Okta »

edgoll wrote:Hi Rkuo, Looking at your screenshots i see one thing that may be causing the difference between your experience and others (or at least mine). This may come down to preference on how you set up convergence but to me the best s3d is when the distant objects have zero offset and the close ones have maybe an inch. Your screenshot seems to show the same or greater convergence( separation) on distant buildings as for close objects. On my screen with my settings those objects would have no separation therefore no ghosting. The closer objects tend not to be up against light sky therefore it is much less apparent.

rkuo wrote:Posting a couple more pics of Mirror's edge thru each lens so you can see the ghosting.

The settings sgould not matter. It just should not be ghosting for such a new expesnive product.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”