"Off The Screen" 3D Gaming For $9.95?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: "Off The Screen" 3D Gaming For $9.95?

Post by crim3 »

I went to the xforce3d web to see if they are still available and, yes, they are still available. But THEY DON'T CHARGE FOR SHIPPING! Bare 9.95$ including shipping to Spain (8€ right now). I don't understand very well how is it possible, but I ordered another one :D just 'cos is cheap. That's consumerism culture.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

crim3 wrote:I went to the xforce3d web to see if they are still available and, yes, they are still available. But THEY DON'T CHARGE FOR SHIPPING! Bare 9.95$ including shipping to Spain (8€ right now). I don't understand very well how is it possible, but I ordered another one :D just 'cos is cheap. That's consumerism culture.
great news I am going to order another two :D , Cheers
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

DelTorres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DelTorres »

I tried to order them: "We no longer carry this product. "
Was the response from paypal when the gave back my money 30min later...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

same here..... :'(
It was too good to be true. Sorry for the false news.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Shaq
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaq »

Wow..looks like i got one of the last pair last week.
icesterftl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by icesterftl »

Silversurfer wrote:http://www.xforce3d.com/

I'm lost for words, can they be so desperate or is this worth a punt?
Yes, they are.
The problem is that so called High Definition TV's or Monitors are not capable of flipping every
pixel at 25 or 30 Hz which creates ghosting so Line or Frame Sequential Stereo are not compatible.
Also they use a trick called "smart blaring" meaning sharp edges and bleary
gradients feather distorting stereo information.

Mathew Orman
Jow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jow »

Hello, I'm new in this amazing forums and in the S3D world :D

I test the glasses with a Geforce4 MX and a CRT LG 19" 915FT + monitor that supports 1024x768@120Hz, but it doesn't works.
I use the 91.31 Forceware an 3D estero drivers. When I launch the nvidia test aplication the image appears correctly after pushing Ctrl+T, but the glasses doesnt't start flickering. The right eye is permanently shutted and the left no. I tried diferent resolutions and refresh without luck.

I have other system with a geforce 8800GTX card and I have the same result, the glasses dont't flickering. I can see artifacts, but there is other problem.

Please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

(sorry for my poor english)

Thanks ;)
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by anotherFrench »

:shock: just went to xforce3d.com, the glasses are still anouced at 9.95$ but the shipping at 1000.00$ :shock:
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
Shaq
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaq »

lol...I see that too. I think I would rather pick them up in person than pay $1000. :)
Jow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jow »

Jow wrote:Hello, I'm new in this amazing forums and in the S3D world :D

I test the glasses with a Geforce4 MX and a CRT LG 19" 915FT + monitor that supports 1024x768@120Hz, but it doesn't works.
I use the 91.31 Forceware an 3D estero drivers. When I launch the nvidia test aplication the image appears correctly after pushing Ctrl+T, but the glasses doesnt't start flickering. The right eye is permanently shutted and the left no. I tried diferent resolutions and refresh without luck.

I have other system with a geforce 8800GTX card and I have the same result, the glasses dont't flickering. I can see artifacts, but there is other problem.

Please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

(sorry for my poor english)

Thanks ;)
The glasses are now working!

The problem was in the solders of de minijack conector of the glasses.

:D
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

To all those who still wanted these glasses. Good News! The sight is not dead and the stock has not run out. I called the old customer service number and they gave me the email address of the new owner. XForce 3D has been sold to Ultimate 3D Heaven. The XForce 3D sight is not functional yet but if you go to http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; scroll to the bottom there will be a link "SEND EMAIL". Carl set up a "PayPal Invoice" for me and my glasses should soon be in the mail.

Hope this helps those who still wanted these glasses.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

so is it still $9.95 with the new owner? :mrgreen:
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

johnoliver wrote:so is it still $9.95 with the new owner? :mrgreen:
Yes it is still $9.95. I should receive my package in a few days. I don't know if USPS ships on weekends though. I may not see it until Monday but hopefully sooner. Carl did seem friendly and knowledgeable enough to convince me to order. I will try to remember to post back here whether or not this is legit.

Oh yea, one last thing. He also got a quantity of these glasses http://www.stereo3d.com/anotheris.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with his XForce acquisition.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LCountach wrote:
johnoliver wrote:so is it still $9.95 with the new owner? :mrgreen:
Yes it is still $9.95. I should receive my package in a few days. I don't know if USPS ships on weekends though. I may not see it until Monday but hopefully sooner. Carl did seem friendly and knowledgeable enough to convince me to order. I will try to remember to post back here whether or not this is legit.

Oh yea, one last thing. He also got a quantity of these glasses http://www.stereo3d.com/anotheris.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with his XForce acquisition.

wow, these look like a cross between the eye of an old fashioned cylon and geordi laForge. I like the large FOV.

hmm perhaps iz3d should make a polarized version
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

Ok I can verify the sale of XForce3D to http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is legit. I just received 3 pair for myself and friends. Haven't tested them yet but I can say the fit on your temples is quite tight. Could be uncomfortable. More on that later after I test them.
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

I must say I LOVE and HATE these glasses at the same time. I just played Left4Dead for a few hours with some friends. I did not get any eye fatigue! WOW! My old H3D/eDimensionals gave me fatigue in 30 to 60 minutes. On top of that the image is so much brighter. To me the image was clearer and had less ghosting. Just WOW! Now for the bad and I mean REALLY BAD! The ergonomics of this design is TERRIBLE for my head! Way to much pressure on my temples to be comfortable. On top of that they keep sliding down moving the lenses off my eyes. The cord attaching to the back only provoked the sliding issue. I finally found a looser temple position but unfortunately the glasses were now resting unnaturally on my ears. I am not talking on my ears like sunglasses but on the edge of my ears which caused uncomfortable pressure points. After a little while I found myself constantly adjusting them because my ears hurt. There was just no comfortable position for me. I plan to modify them for a better fit because I love the better image so much.

Well anyway that's my two cents.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”