JVC brings 46-inch GD-463D10 3D LCD HDTV to America

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

JVC brings 46-inch GD-463D10 3D LCD HDTV to America

Post by Jadentheman »

Jumpin' Jehosaphat! We know exchange rates have been sort of crazy of late, but we can say with a good deal of certainty that the in-home 3D revolution isn't going anywhere with MSRPs like this. After introducing the 46-inch GD-463D10 3D LCD HDTV in various overseas markets, JVC is announcing here at CEDIA that its flagship 3D panel is now available on US soil for a solid chunk of change. The 1080p display touts a 2,000:1 contrast ratio, three HDMI sockets, 178-degree viewing angles, a depth of 1.5-inches and two incredibly awesome sets of 3D goggles. If you're not concerned that actual 3D content is all but nonexistent for home users, you can snag this now for $9,153 (and not a penny more).
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/10/jvc- ... ipping-no/

Wow becuase 3D will catch on when people have to pay a price of about 3 46in sony LCDs
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: JVC brings 46-inch GD-463D10 3D LCD HDTV to America

Post by BlackShark »

Yep, I knew it would be overpriced the day JVC announced it wouldn't be mass produced and only aimed at professionnals... but i wasn't expecting that much.
9000 that's almost twice as much as the Hyundai screen which is already overpriced.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

9k for a 46", thats got to be a joke. You can get a 3D 22" for less than $300! (Zalman)

Then again, when was the last time anyone even thinks about buying a JVC screen anymore. Hell I haven't seen a JVC screen in a local shop in a good 5 years! They are a dead company as far as screens are concerned.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

What is with these insanely priced 3DTVs? This is not going mass-market with prices like this.
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

cybereality wrote:What is with these insanely priced 3DTVs? This is not going mass-market with prices like this.
that may be the point. To be able to say they are present on the market, but please not sell too much as mass production would cost too much.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

funkee wrote:that may be the point. To be able to say they are present on the market, but please not sell too much as mass production would cost too much.
Really there is just no reason for these to cost so much. It works using the xpol technology same as the Zalman, Hyundai, Pavonine. Its not like they pioneered this technology. And all it is is simply a standard LCD display with a thin micro-polarizing sheet attached to it. I can't imagine that could cost all that much. I mean, the Zalman 22" is going for under $300 today and even if they were selling it at cost, that would still only be $1200 to match that size (assuming all the cost was in the xpol filter and the rest of the display cost nothing). So I don't buy that. Maybe they are targeting movie studios or professionals (scientific community, etc.) that may have the money to spend on something like this. But I doubt it costs much more than a standard 2D display. There might be like a few hundred dollars of overhead (over the same 2D display) but maybe not even that. So when you have standard 46-inch displays going for around $1700, I would say this 3D version should cost no more than $3000 (and they would still be making a fine profit on that). Not sure why they are going for these outrageous prices (hopefully to make the 2010 models seem "cheap").

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”