Unable to get Oculus to work with Perception help request

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
asdasd
One Eyed Hopeful

Unable to get Oculus to work with Perception help request

Post by asdasd »

Guys I'm new to oculus and trying Perception before buying vorpx but can't get perception to do anything. Run perception as admin, select oculus head tracking and oculus device, primary monitor (does oculus somehow need to be set as primary?( all the headset shows is oculus home when the games are launched, cntrl-q does not do anything

tried to run vireiodllinstaller and regardless of game fallout4, banished, portal 2 says it can't find anything to install so assume the .dll don't need to be there, tried to manually copy them but no change.

How do you get perception to use oculus?
Should oculus home be running when you launch perception.exe? Does anything else need to be done to make this work other than change head tracking and device to oculus in those menus, then launch the game. Again tried portal 2, fallout 4, banished, - the home screen for rift never changes - running these .exe inside and tried outside of steam.
asdasd
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Unable to get Oculus to work with Perception help reques

Post by asdasd »

Guys any recommendations? Can anyone point to some clear instruction on how to get this to work other than

run perception as admin
start game
asdasd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asdasd »

disregard bought vorpx after 2 days trying find answer. first try vorpx worked.
Zabeus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zabeus »

Sadly it looks like the welcome message on the front page is way out of date, leading people to waste hours trying to get this to work when it's impossible.
Vireio doesn't support the current Oculus Rift. (the CV1) I mean, not version 2 of Vireio that let you play with dozens of games. If you came here because of all those threads and videos online showing people setting up games with Vireio, you might notice those people are all using the DK2 developer kit, an old version of the Rift. The new Vireio 4 apparently supports the CV1 but only supports a few games. (the ones in the list you see on startup)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Guys !

Vireio Perception versions prior to v4 do not get any support any more. Vireio Perception v4 alpha 3 is also out of date currently.

The eventual Vireio v4 will be released soon, sorry for the long time to get here.

Regards, Denis
Sas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sas »

Hi,
I have and oculus cv1 and msi stealth gs63vr. I'm also trying to get Perception to work. I can't seem to add games and open them with Vereio. I keep getting error messages like "cannot find file." Even with games included in the drop down list like Bioshock Infinite.

Do games have to be installed via steam for this? do they have to be in steam folders to be added?

Is there a simple yet thorough step by step instruction on how to use the program? Perhaps a current video tutorial for fresh noobs like myself?

I cannot really follow the manual. It feels like it speaks to those already familiar with the program and how it works. Or is there a way to get someone to walk me through it over a chat. :| :roll:

Please, thank you, and happy new year.

Sas
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Sas,

sorry for the late answer. I'm currently in the final stage in development, the driver is almost finished. After release i will find more time to create additional tutorials, for sure.

Regards, Denis

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”