Skyrim Vive Support?

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Felewin
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim Vive Support?

Post by Felewin »

Hi and thanks very much for the wonderful work being done toward Vive support.

What's the status with Skyrim and the Vive right now? It's my dream.
I know Fallout 4 support is out now, and since both games run on the Creation Engine I would hope Skyrim would be supported already as well. But I don't know how to try.
On that note, I find it confusing that the manual (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TYp ... 0gtuctpyog) doesn't indicate where it is being a manual for the Rift versus a guide for the Vive. I have to assume it's only meant to set things up with Rift at this point. Perhaps there should be a separate manual for each device?
Additionally, I'm not sure what is meant in the Skyrim section by using the "pointer scanner". The manual doesn't seem to explain this term. Maybe I don't understand because I'm a Vive user and these are Rift-specific instructions?

Thanks for clearing things up! I'm very hopeful about the progress happening here ツ
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Skyrim Vive Support?

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Felewin !

Skyrim is our DX9 game with the highest priority. DX9 is currently in the works but we cannot say when this will be finished.

Fallout 4 is DX11 and Skyrim is DX9, that is why only Fallout 4 is now supported with the new architecture of the driver (v4).

Please not that Vireio v4 is currently in alpha stage, so the official manual is still for <=v3. That also includes the pointer scanner that needs to be ported eventually to the new architecture. Former versions of the driver do not support Vive since this awsome device is very new.

Regards, Denis
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Michelangelo »

I´m in the same situation..but in the end....

HOW CAN WE RUN SKYRIM ON VIVE???
do we have to use an older version? run steam vr first? then perception and then the game?
I have both MO and Steam version of the game.

I´m trying Borderlands 2 now and....nothing happens!! jjajajjj
can you please post a BASIC GUIDE for VIVE? or at least edit the existing manual adding VIVE?
TrIggA64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TrIggA64 »

Gotta read the posts bro. Eisern said DX9 games (i.e. Skyrim) are in the works right now without a definitive release date. Fallout4 is the only game with HTC Vive support right now, as v4 is the only version that works with the Vive, V4 is in alpha, and they want to get it working correctly with Fallout4 before moving ahead, at least that's my understanding from other posts.

So pretty much you can't play Skyrim on the Vive yet. Just give them some time.
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Michelangelo »

oohhh that explains everything.

I thought that this product always worked with HTC VIVE....
the problem is that is not explained clearly in the web page neither.
I´ve read the clarification for FALLOUT 4, but I thought also that OLDER games were already working since previous versions (there are videos in youtube showing this) and that is not clarified in any way and my hope filled that information hole :P

THANKS!

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”