Fallout NV

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
robt
One Eyed Hopeful

Fallout NV

Post by robt »

For those few people who might be using Vireio with Fallout NV and are trying to get the 4GBfnv mod to launch in Mod Organizer, I've stumbled upon something that works: In the Fallout New Vegas/exe directory created by fnv4gb.exe, put the Vireio symlinks and the nvse load files into that directory: i.e. d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll, libfreespace.dll, VRBoost.dll and nvse_loader.exe and nvse_steam_loader.dll.
Works like a charm and I can load reasonable textures now :-).
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Fallout NV

Post by cybereality »

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Vireio Perception 3.02a works well in Fallout NV however when you tilt your eyes the world stretches.

Is this the roll setting? Matrix translation is the default and works well except for the stretching, and I'd like to try to pixel tenderer which works better in Skyrim, however the roll does not work for FalloutNV. What do I need to set to enable the roll in the pixel render?
Updated
Last edited by PitterPatter on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Orion210
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Orion210 »

I have DK2 with runtime 0.6.0.1 installed. I am using Vireio v3a2. I have installed New Vegas and booted up a new game. I have been able to get it to successfully launch the game in oculus with Vireio running in the background, but the problem is that it isn't working like my other DK2 game experiences have. It is as if I am in a movie theater staring at a screen ahead of me that is displaying the game through the rift. The picture isn't wrapped around my eyes so that it seems like I'm actually there in the game. And as far as I can tell.... head tracking is working... but it isn't working. I can look around with the rift, but the 'movie theater screen' stays put and if I were to look anywhere else other than directly at the screen in front of me it is just blackness. And said looking around doesn't move the picture on the screen either. The tracker isn't tracking my movements with the character on the game, only my own head as if I'm watching a movie screen.

If you couldn't tell I'm a noob about configuring these Oculus games to work properly. Playing Fallout with the Rift though is just too great an opportunity to pass up though and I would really appreciate some help. I noticed there are Oculus Vireio settings that I can fool around with by pressing ctrl + q, but I have no idea what I would change to fix this problem. I attempted using version 2.0 of Vireio and instead putting the oculus in extend to desktop mode, but after launching the game there is only blackness within the oculus, even though the blue light is on.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Orion, you're seeing normal Perception behavior.

If you use the middle button on the mouse (scroll wheel click) you'll snap into the VR view, and click it again to snap out as if it's a floating desktop. This allows you to see the edge of the screen which is necessary for menus and other things.

I recommend the Enhanced Camera and First Person Gun No Follow mods to increase the immersion. You'll also want to disable shadows.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

It doesn't look like it has anything to do with what I originally thought.

The resolution is set to 1920x1080 however when I tilt my head the sizes distort, as if the resolution was different. I'm not sure what's causing this, but I think the implementation is really good and if the image didn't distort with a head tilt it would be even better.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Figured it out: even though I'm using direct-to-rift, I needed to set Fallout New Vegas to my desktop resolution which was a different aspect ratio (16:10 instead of 16:9), and now it displays properly.
slocore
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by slocore »

I'm running Perception 3.0.1 trying to get Fallout NV to work with my Oculus DK2, Runtime 0.8. Currently, whenever I open the game (after setting resolution and such as the manual suggests), nothing appears on the Oculus and the text on screen says "Cannot determine HMD orientation" or something of that nature. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Additionally, whenever I have Perception running, it periodically pops up with "The procedure entry point ??0BaseDirect3D9@@QAE@PAUIDirect3D9@@@Z could not be lovated in the dynamic link library ...\Perception\bin\HIJACKDLL.dll." Could that be a factor?

I'm running on an ASUS laptop with 16GB RAM, GTX 970M. Thank you!

Return to “Game Support”