Euro Truck Simulator 2 Oculus Beta released

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Oculus Beta released

Post by lmimmfn »

havnt tried it yet, but excellent news :)

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58686
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Oculus Beta released

Post by Namielus »

No replies to this? Its pretty cool news
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

Namielus wrote:No replies to this? Its pretty cool news
lol, i know, tell me about it. The game is absolutely cracking with the rift, you need to force downsampling and AA though as the aliasing is horrendous without that. Unfortunately im down to 1 card hoping to go for a 290X but the temps are too hot on that card so can only do downsampling for the moment.

Loved the game before, its sooo much better in the rift though.
IGameArt
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by IGameArt »

This is a game I can get behind. I love the fact that I can drive the European countryside while streaming live 80's classics. Driving in the rain is incredibly realistic, as is the interior of each cab. If the rift was HD I wouldnt need any huds as I could just look down at the dashboard to judge my conditions. Totally awesome experience that almost fooled my brain into thinking I wasn't sitting in my living room.
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

i think its an absolutely fantastic experience especially with my G25.
I was annoyed with my FPS so i got a 780Ti, then i cranked up the AA to CSx8( which removes a lot of the limitations of the dev kit resolution, i.e. overhead cables flickering and what not ). I also found it likes cpu power so i overclocked my i7 920 to 3.8Ghz, now i get a pretty constant 70+FPS( as opposed to a horrible 35-45FPS with my old 6970, without cpu overclock i get similar FPS with the 780ti ) and its soooo much better.

Reversing in to attach the trailer's is brilliant with the rift, looking behind you too see if its lined up properly.

Anyone tried using the rift + hydra + freetrack with this yet?
jendyrt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jendyrt »

IGameArt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 am This is a game I can get behind. I love the fact that I can drive the European countryside while 1001 games streaming live 80's classics. Driving in the rain is incredibly realistic, as is the interior of each cab. If the rift was HD I wouldnt need any huds as I could just look down at the dashboard to judge my conditions. Totally awesome experience that almost fooled my brain into thinking I wasn't sitting in my living room.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”