Could Vireio work with Lucid MVP Virtual Sync?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
ad2003
One Eyed Hopeful

Could Vireio work with Lucid MVP Virtual Sync?

Post by ad2003 »

Hi there!

First - thanks for Vireio Perception! It's a wonderful tool to get into the loved games. I am using the newest version 2.0.03 with Skyrim and it is almost perfect. I had to turn off ambient occulusion but it really looks and feels great. I was running Skyrim always with Lucid MVP 2.0 with VirtuSync and Hyperformance Mode - http://lucidlogix.com/products/virtu-mv ... r-windows/ - this is using the onboard GPU of my Motherboard (Intel) and the NVIDIA card at the same time - you can play almost every Game with vsync on and the gameplay is extremly smooth - no tearing - even with higher graphics. I think it is similar to the upcoming NVIDIA G-Sync technology. I was trying to use Skyrim with Vireio and MVP but it seems that there's a problem with the d3d9.dll. The screen just stys black.
I don't know if there could be a fix for this - or how hard it would be to implement - but everybody who can use LUCID MVP will get a super smooth gameplay with vsync on - even on older graphiccards.
Thanks again!
AD
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Could Vireio work with Lucid MVP Virtual Sync?

Post by cybereality »

I highly doubt it will work, and it's not popular enough to warrant the effort in my opinion.
ad2003
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Could Vireio work with Lucid MVP Virtual Sync?

Post by ad2003 »

cybereality wrote:I highly doubt it will work, and it's not popular enough to warrant the effort in my opinion.
yeah, I think you are right about "it's not popular enough".

Thanks for the reply!
AD

Return to “Development / General Discussion”