Updated Vireio Drivers, New Development Thread

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Re: Updated Vireio Drivers, New Development Thread

Post by Ziggurat »

I tried with Skyrim, only rotational headtracking worked, but I could control the mouse in the menus.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Ziggurat wrote:I tried with Skyrim, only rotational headtracking worked, but I could control the mouse in the menus.
I suspect the VR boost pointers are failing. We have had quite a few reports of this and often can be caused by mods. If you fancy finding you own memory pointers relevant to your machine it would be good for everyone. Takes a little bit of learning but i can usually find stable pointers in about 15 - 30 mins.

For testing purposes you can simply force mouse emulation (an option on the brassa menu in overall settings I believe) to enable full head tracking although you obviously dont get the advantages of VR Boost.
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ziggurat »

baggyg wrote:
Ziggurat wrote:I tried with Skyrim, only rotational headtracking worked, but I could control the mouse in the menus.
I suspect the VR boost pointers are failing. We have had quite a few reports of this and often can be caused by mods. If you fancy finding you own memory pointers relevant to your machine it would be good for everyone. Takes a little bit of learning but i can usually find stable pointers in about 15 - 30 mins.

For testing purposes you can simply force mouse emulation (an option on the brassa menu in overall settings I believe) to enable full head tracking although you obviously dont get the advantages of VR Boost.
Well it did not work :/ not all the files are built, and it worked somewhat while copying the older version files. :(
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Ziggurat wrote:
baggyg wrote:

Well it did not work :/ not all the files are built, and it worked somewhat while copying the older version files. :(
Which files are missing? Sounds like your VS project is not properly configured. Also ensure that VRboost.dll is in the build folder.
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ziggurat »

baggyg wrote:Which files are missing? Sounds like your VS project is not properly configured. Also ensure that VRboost.dll is in the build folder.
Have to wait until next week to look into this, gonna work overtime this weekend. Maybe I get the time :P
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Just wanted to mention that for Dishonored, you need to copy the DLLs to the binaries folder of the game, it doesn't inject with just the Perception app running.
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 4everAwake »

Neil wrote:
XCHDave wrote:Love the idea of using the rift with games already released. What a great project.

I come from a game hacker background, my passion has always been in reversing games. Haven't looked at the code yet but will be interested to see how you are implementing the tracker.

I see that support for games need to be added individually so my question is what really needs to be added/worked out for support to be added for a game?

Just got a new gaming rig and my dev kits only just arrived so will be a few days before I can take a look at this driver and work out the code and how it works.

Good stuff! I'll PM you with some extra details.

Regards,
Neil
Hello. I'm also interested in the extra details. If it's not too much trouble, can you PM that to me as well? Thank you.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Sure thing!

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Development / General Discussion”