[RESOLVED] What could make the injection "malfunction"

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Greedape
One Eyed Hopeful

[RESOLVED] What could make the injection "malfunction"

Post by Greedape »

Hey there,

I recently got my Rift DK2 and am successfully playing Skyrim with Vireo Perception (everything works and "kind of" feels the right size). In an attempt to increase immersion, I tried to use a mod specifically designed for that.. BUT as soon as the mod is activated, the offset between both eyes is reduced to 0 so that both eyes get rendered the same image (cyclops effect). Does anyone know what could cause this?

As far as i know, vireo perception will overwrite/inject into certain (DirectX) methods and change them to draw all visible polygons twice, including offset. I just cant get my mind around the fact that this mod found a way to disable the injected methods (more or less). I mean, the image still gets rendered for both eyes, so its not like it doesnt work at all, but without the offset -> no depth perception.

I also asked this question in the mod's forum, but i guess you guys will have a rather in-depth idea of what's going on.

Edit:

AAAND im stupid.. Seemingly, even though nothing but the Origin of the camera should be changed by the mod, the scale seems to have changed too. Using the BRASSA scale tool to redicilous amounts, I managed to get the game to work again. The cyclops effect infact was just the mod changing the scale on everything so it was incedibly far away (thus no difference between right and left eye).

Sadly, this means that as soon as i try to play the game regularly in 3rd person view, everything will be out of scale AGAIN.. meh

Return to “Development / General Discussion”