Eldritch for rift?

Scofthe7seas
One Eyed Hopeful

Eldritch for rift?

Post by Scofthe7seas »

So, since I know there are a lot smarter, and more technically talented people here than myself (infinitely so when it comes to programming, because I have none) I was wondering if the community knew that the game Eldritch just became open source. It's kind of a horror version of minecraft, minus the building elements. It looks like the dev has no intention of adding rift support (or any more support as far as it looks like?) but it's now open to modding. I really like Minecraft in the rift. It's crazy. This weird, surreal, impossible world virtualized. It's so alien, and the world seems so empty and creepy (maybe other people didn't get that feeling, but I did) and I think Eldritch would be perfect for the Rift.
If anybody thinks it might be doable, that would be awesome. Just bringing it to attention in case people didn't know about it. Obviously no expectations intended!

http://www.eldritchgame.com/about.html
(source code at the bottom)
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Eldritch for rift?

Post by Fredz »

You should also post that in Reddit or the Oculus Developer Forums, IIRC there was a least one guy who wanted to have a rogue-like game for the Rift. Maybe you'll find other people interested in this as well.

You could also try it in Vireio to see if that's a good fit for VR.

Return to “Oculus VR”