Oculus Rift Drop in Screen replacement works!

silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Oculus Rift Drop in Screen replacement works!

Post by silar »

I just thought I would create another post for this since it would make it easier for someone to search and find.

The currently available Innolux HJ070IA-02F panel is a drop in replacement for the existing panel in the Oculus Rift.

I ordered one from http://www.astouch.net because I had broken the screen when trying to do the screen door effect filter mod. They shipped the panel out Monday from Hong Kong, and it arrived today.. 2 days later. The cost of the panel was $60 but was $55 shipping. Quite high for the shipping, but as fast as it came, I could care less, especially since I've finally got my Oculus Rift working again.

There is a small board that is attached to the back of the existing panel that you have to remove and put on the new panel, but that's pretty easy. It's only held on with double-sided tape.

Note: This is to replace the existing 1280x800 panel with an exact replacement.. not a 1080p upgrade.. I just wanted mine to work again (and my kids did too!)

Seems like a pretty good company to deal with too. I was afraid I wouldn't even see the panel and lose the money, or the panel wouldn't work, but it all worked out...

Finally I'm back in business!!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Oculus Rift Drop in Screen replacement works!

Post by cybereality »

Great news!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I'm happy for you. :) Thanks for sharing this.
V8Griff
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by V8Griff »

Nice to know it can be fixed if teh worst happens.
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

Anything which is better about this display, or every aspect of it is the same as the current inside the Rift?
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

It's pretty much the exact same display. I will say that it seems much brighter than the original screen. Normally I had my brightness set at 0 and contrast at 100. With this screen, brightness is 0 and contrast is at about 50..

Been using it now for a few weeks and it's been working great..

Return to “Oculus VR”