Need some help - Oculus Rift LCD Screen Replacement

silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Need some help - Oculus Rift LCD Screen Replacement

Post by silar »

I opened my Oculus Rift to try to do the filter mod to minimize the screen door effect, but in the process, I jabbed the lcd screen on the side and ruined it. I know... stupid..

Has anyone found a source for a replacement LCD panel? Trying to find an exact replacement to just throw in and go...

I've done some searches but can't seem to find the HJ070IA-02D panel. I was able to find HJ070IA-07F. Is it a drop in replacement?
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Need some help - Oculus Rift LCD Screen Replacement

Post by silar »

I know it's only been a day since I posted this, but I really want to get my Oculus Rift back up.

I've sourced the Innolux HJ070IA-02F panel from a couple of places and want to order this thing ASAP. I just don't want to waste money on a panel that doesn't work with the existing hardware in the oculus rift. Can someone knowledgeable refer me to a correct panel?

I've also read that the original 1280x800 Nexus 7 panel is a HJ070IA-02D. Is that correct? If so, would that work as a drop-in replacement?

Thanks for all the help ahead of time!!!!
mr.uu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mr.uu »

Look at the back of your brocken panel and look at the sticker. Mine reads HJ070IA-02D, so yours will, too.
The -02F should work, but afaik nobody did try the swap so far. One thing we do not know is the purpose of the green board attached to the original panel. Any new panel does not come with it, so it looks like a rift only feature board. But it should work when connected to the new screen...
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

Thanks MR.UU... I figured it would work, but wanted to make sure. I've already removed the board you are talking about from the existing panel. Yes, I've already checked the back of my LCD and it does say HJ070IA-02D...
mr.uu

Post by mr.uu »

Well, then i wish you luck in replacing the panel... :roll:
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

@silar refer the thread below
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... &start=920
24 page/931 Posts full of information exchange, but so far no one any where stated to be successful changing display or at your interest exchanging with other panels.

Why don't you simply ask OCULUS to ship to you Same DK Replacement Panel and get it replaced, if you can't send your DK to OCULUS for repair?

Take safer route if you absolutely love your DK or you will end up bricking it or atlest making twice expanse on pannels with unsuccessful maintanance. :idea:
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

Dilip wrote:@silar refer the thread below
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... &start=920
24 page/931 Posts full of information exchange, but so far no one any where stated to be successful changing display or at your interest exchanging with other panels.

Why don't you simply ask OCULUS to ship to you Same DK Replacement Panel and get it replaced, if you can't send your DK to OCULUS for repair?

Take safer route if you absolutely love your DK or you will end up bricking it or atlest making twice expanse on pannels with unsuccessful maintanance. :idea:

1st, I've already sent a request to Oculus VR support to see if I can purchase a replacement LCD.. It was the weekend so I've not heard anything yet. 2nd, that post you linked is about people trying to upgrade from the existing 1280x800 panel to a higher resolution 1920x1080 LCD. That's why it hasn't worked for anyone. Completely different than what I am trying to do. I am trying to replace mine with an exact same panel to correct the issue, not upgrade it..
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

True, you do not want to go for update but still it will be 'Other Panel' than what oculus did used in their DK. Best way to get replacement part is from oculus only.
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

I got my reply from Oculus... Here it is...

Very sorry to hear about the troubles you had.
Unfortunately, we're not releasing the specs of any hardware components in the developer kit.
As for whether or not other screens will work, we don't have those details.
If you're looking for help with modding, I suggest checking out our Dev Center or other VR-related forums if you haven't already.
Thanks for your support,
Nick
Oculus VR Support
This after I asked if I can buy a replacement screen or if there is a drop in replacement I can buy...

So no help from Oculus VR.....
mr.uu

Post by mr.uu »

Silar, if you can wait roughly three weeks, i can send you mine after i upgrade to a 1080p panel.
If you are interested, send me a pm.
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

mr.uu wrote:Silar, if you can wait roughly three weeks, i can send you mine after i upgrade to a 1080p panel.
I can do that. I really appreciate it!
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

mr.uu wrote:Silar, if you can wait roughly three weeks, i can send you mine after i upgrade to a 1080p panel.

I tried sending you a PM, but it's stuck in the outbox. Anyone know how to get it to go through?
mr.uu

Post by mr.uu »

I got it.
Still waiting for a possible upgrade (nexus7 thread)...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

silar wrote:I tried sending you a PM, but it's stuck in the outbox. Anyone know how to get it to go through?
PMs will stay in the outbox until they are read by the recipient.
silar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silar »

Got an amazing update...

Ordered a Innolux HJ070IA-02F panel from www.astouch.net and got it today. It works beautifully as a drop in replacement!!!!

I'm back in business!!!!
GOODYES
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOODYES »

Can you tell me where , URL as www.astouch.net does not have listed the HJ070IA ?

Return to “Oculus VR”