vr io software

whelanweb
Cross Eyed!

vr io software

Post by whelanweb »

Hi all.

Anybody used this yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGG9ZkGdq0M

I just seen it go up on youtube

looks handy but unsure about configuring it with my google or facebook account.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: vr io software

Post by cybereality »

Wow! That is pretty cool.
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by museumsteve »

Looks brilliant :)
whelanweb
Cross Eyed!

Post by whelanweb »

Yep looks pretty cool.

My rift is coming this week ( I hope ) and I'll give the IO software a whirl.

I wonder if it installs all the other drivers for playing NON Native Rift Games. Would also be great if it held your perferred Rift settings IPD etc.
Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lilwolf »

I wish the loading box moved also so you don't get those HL2 - loading - about to throw up feeling. I would rather have an clear screen then a non moving one.

Question, on the mac, do most of the demos have an initial popup for resolution and video quality? (I think this is unity based games primarily). Or does the app fill that in an launch?

btw, as someone who wrote multiple front ends for MAME and other emulators for arcade machines, I considered doing something like this. I just didn't think the demos were in states that you could have them launch from a VR friendly UI to another VR friendly UI at this point.
whelanweb
Cross Eyed!

Post by whelanweb »

Just got an update on this app

I asked if their is a charge for this APP and also if it will support drivers and rift settings for each game. I got the below.

( No charge. No royalties. None of that. Re: drivers, not yet. Re: MTBS - Awesome! I wasn't expecting anyone to find this video yet ;) )

Looks like hes working on an app to hold users preferred settings between all games.

Great looking piece of software so far.

Also I just checked out Oculus Share. Looks good but needs more content and also the download files have long string names attached. If you download more then one you have to open the .zip file to see which game is which. No big deal really just a bit annoying. Wouldn't be to had to have the .zips called MyGame1.zip etc.
whoisonline
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by whoisonline »

I can't wait to try this one .. very cool idea .. the vid looks great, I can't wait to see how it works .. I wonder if works well with all the engines? udk? unity?

Return to “Oculus VR”