museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: TriDef 3D Oculus Rift feedback thread

Post by museumsteve »

JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

Anyone tried Thief Deadly Shadows in the Rift with TriDef?
Vamplifire

Post by Vamplifire »

just an FYI I posted a thread on reddit and people have listed TONS of games that work and dont:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... dont_here/

someone also wanted to make a google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... tRWc#gid=0
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

Tried Thief Deadly Shadows with a generic profile (since one didn't exist) and got the

Code: Select all

This game did not use Direct3D 9, 10 or 11. It may not be compatible with TriDef 3D Ignition
error message. It's nearly 10 years old so I'm guessing it is probably DirectX 8 or something >_<
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

Just downloaded the new beta and bought blood dragon to try things out...
I can't really tell if the 3d is any good...i fiddled with it and got it to the point where i started hoping for perfection...only to find that sadly the tracking is very choppy and
sometimes jumps around...I don't know if it has to do with the new beta or not....Not playable for now...i might continue to do little things like increasing priority or things like that to the injector program (that didn't work btw...but there might be things i can try that i haven't thought of right now)

Anybody else issues with very bad tracking?

btw i have 60fps vsync...
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

museumsteve wrote:New version of the beta http://tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3907 :)
Thank you for posting this! I'm downloading right now.

-Steve
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

Tried crysis warhead...tracking works well (vs blood dragon...see 2 posts back). Sadly my lowly gtx480 is no match for stereoscopic rendering even at the lowest settings it can't even maintain 60 fps. Really trying not to buy a 780 but waiting until the real rift comes and buy whatever single gpu is fastest then...i might fail though :)
3dRat
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dRat »

I think this setting shoud be in "Game Res" so if it is above rift default it down-scale from let's say 1920x1080 (and that is known to be better). Im I right?
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Mattijs wrote:Just downloaded the new beta and bought blood dragon to try things out...
I can't really tell if the 3d is any good...i fiddled with it and got it to the point where i started hoping for perfection...only to find that sadly the tracking is very choppy and
sometimes jumps around...I don't know if it has to do with the new beta or not....Not playable for now...i might continue to do little things like increasing priority or things like that to the injector program (that didn't work btw...but there might be things i can try that i haven't thought of right now)

Just manualky set the headtracking speed in the osd menu. Problem solved
Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tacklebait »

Well I got take on helicopters to work .. sorta
The 3d was working well.
Got a field of view that was acceptable.

Only 2 problems.
1. head tracking was waayy of. I tried fiddling with it but got to sick before finding something that was acceptable.
Does the mouse sensitivity game setting have a direct impact? As well changing it from -500 to anything seems really slow and doesn't have much of an impact on anything. Anyway of changing this number at a quicker rate?

2. The latency with the head tracking was very bad... Anyway of reducing this?
Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tacklebait »

Well latency was greatly improved once i turned vsync off.

now i gotta get this head tracking ratio down and i'll be set...

I'd have to say.. its flippin awesome with take on helicopters...

had some of my best landings ever with this thing on.. so nice to have the depth perception
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Tacklebait wrote:Anyway of changing this number at a quicker rate?
Hold control whilst changing - it then goes in tens rather than in single units.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

baggyg wrote:
Mattijs wrote:Just downloaded the new beta and bought blood dragon to try things out...

I hope you right...but the problem wasn't scaling...it was choppiness...I'll try either way.
the game is making me crazy though because i always have to do the tutorial again.
I played it for maybe half an hour yesterday and reached many checkpoints but it does not save any progress ;/
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Mattijs wrote:
baggyg wrote:

I hope you right...but the problem wasn't scaling...it was choppiness...I'll try either way.
the game is making me crazy though because i always have to do the tutorial again.
I played it for maybe half an hour yesterday and reached many checkpoints but it does not save any progress ;/
Not sure what you mean by choppiness... is it the frame rate?
Remember you can always use freePIE or opentrack for mouse emulation if the TriDef one is giving you problems, although you will lose roll this way.

Gonna give Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon a go soon so let me know how you get on.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that RiftEnabled now have TriDef as a listed driver. I think this is a good place to keep a central list of supported titles along with any settings to get the game working.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

no it's not framerate related...its the mouse emulation that jumps all over the place....very annoying
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

Has someone tried Arma2, does it work?
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Mattijs wrote:no it's not framerate related...its the mouse emulation that jumps all over the place....very annoying
So have you tried it with Opentrack / FreePIE instead?
Lookforyourhands

Post by Lookforyourhands »

Left for Dead 1 (and 2) work extremely well with this driver. Just need to adjust the FOV on Left for Dead but it's amazing !!!
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

baggyg wrote:
Mattijs wrote:no it's not framerate related...its the mouse emulation that jumps all over the place....very annoying
it was indeed the auto scaling function from the tracker...actually played for quite some time after getting the scaling etc right.
Too bad you can't see your HUD...game crashed though after maybe 20 minutes,

Does anybody know how to get TAKE ON HELICOPTERS working with actual tracking?
I tried both opentrack and tridef...but they didn;t know what to do with the numpad tracking
Dungeonman VR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dungeonman VR »

FR3D wrote:I've tried Fallout3 and Skyrim.
The framerate drops down to 5 fps or less !!!

NewVegas not starting ...

( All my games are extremly modded with tons of high res texture mods - maybe thats my problem )

3770k / 16GByte / 2x 580gtx SLI

best regards FR3D
yup that's the problem...because that is a pretty good rig
djesko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djesko »

Ryuuken24 wrote:Has someone tried Arma2, does it work?
Yeah it works quiet well. Ran it in 1680 x 1050 and increased the FOV to 108 and played about with the depth. I just did the boot camp but so far so good.
Star Citizen Oculus Rift clan [HMD]
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Mattijs wrote:
baggyg wrote:
it was indeed the auto scaling function from the tracker...actually played for quite some time after getting the scaling etc right.
Too bad you can't see your HUD...game crashed though after maybe 20 minutes,

I tried both opentrack and tridef...but they didn;t know what to do with the numpad tracking
As far as I am aware, Take on Helicopters uses TrackIR (being the same engine as arma 2).

Therefore use opentrack or freePIE to emulate trackIR settings and give that a go.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

djesko wrote:
Ryuuken24 wrote:Has someone tried Arma2, does it work?
Yeah it works quiet well. Ran it in 1680 x 1050 and increased the FOV to 108 and played about with the depth. I just did the boot camp but so far so good.
Just for information sake, it is much better to use opentrack / freePIE for this game to emulate trackIR since then your view will be separate from the aim (like HL2). I presume using the standard triDEF will join it to the the aim.
I play this with a YEI / HMZ-T1 and its great. However trying to see the writing / waypoints is hard even on that.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

I tried both opentrack and tridef...but they didn;t know what to do with the numpad tracking[/quote]
As far as I am aware, Take on Helicopters uses TrackIR (being the same engine as arma 2).

Therefore use opentrack or freePIE to emulate trackIR settings and give that a go.[/quote]

Nope, i tried opentrack and that does not work for some reason...it is the demo though...not the full version.
trackIr keeps being greyed out even if freetrack2.0 in opentrack is enabled.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Mattijs wrote:Does anybody know how to get TAKE ON HELICOPTERS working with actual tracking?
Therefore use opentrack or freePIE to emulate trackIR settings and give that a go.
Nope, i tried opentrack and that does not work for some reason...it is the demo though...not the full version.
trackIr keeps being greyed out even if freetrack2.0 in opentrack is enabled.[/quote]

As far as I remember you have to enable trackIR from one of the menus (it was certainly this way for Arma 2). I will give it a try in ARMA 2 and get back to you
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

TrackIR with Opentrack works fine with ARMA 2 so should be fine with take on helicopters.

1) Download latest opentrack
2) Set Source 1 to rift and make sure all 3 boxes are checked under settings.
3) Set output to FreeTrack. Under settings make sure Dummy TrackIR is checked.
4) In game go to Control Options
5) There should be a menu at the bottom called "Controllers"
6) TrackIr should be in there. (Prob greyed out)
7) Select it and click the enable button at the bottom.

et voila!

You may need to invert pitch through opentrack.
1337gmr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1337gmr »

That google doc was compromised recently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... _has_been/

Maybe we should try this instead - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/TriDef_3d
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

BTW...next to blood dragon crashing after a while...left 4 dead 2 also crashes (much faster)...
Anobody any luck?
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

The way that Arma2 is working isn't that great. Messed with options, could not for the life of me get it to work right, the sight wouldn't stop being double, everything had a dual image looking away. For me playing in 2D is the way to go, but, not having any menus to read in a game you pretty much need them, is a no no. I wonder how people can fix the non in game menus, can't see the health bar, can't pick a gun, can't save, can't chat, etc can'ts.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Ryuuken24 wrote:The way that Arma2 is working isn't that great. Messed with options, could not for the life of me get it to work right, the sight wouldn't stop being double, everything had a dual image looking away. For me playing in 2D is the way to go, but, not having any menus to read in a game you pretty much need them, is a no no. I wonder how people can fix the non in game menus, can't see the health bar, can't pick a gun, can't save, can't chat, etc can'ts.
See the options you need here: http://www.riftenabled.com/admin/app/329
In particular world scale must be 0.03 else you get the double-image gun.

Regarding the menus keep an eye out for the next beta from tridef. They have some developments coming soon that should help with this. I believe they are going to take a similar approach whereby you can squeze the screen on a hotkey to view menus etc.
kalabalik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kalabalik »

I have found that I seem to be the only one with this problem I got...

The scene depth is way way too separated! I can only have scene depth at 1 or maximum 2, otherwise the eyes get separated too far. I mean it's more than ten centimetres per point! If I set it at 100, my "eyes" get separated by several metres/tens of feet!

I can't find anyone having this problem, but do you guys have any idea what's going on?

If I sit in a racing cockpit in say, Race07 or rFactor and set it to 100, each eye is about twenty feet out from each side of the car...

Help!
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

kalabalik wrote:I have found that I seem to be the only one with this problem I got...

The scene depth is way way too separated! I can only have scene depth at 1 or maximum 2, otherwise the eyes get separated too far. I mean it's more than ten centimetres per point! If I set it at 100, my "eyes" get separated by several metres/tens of feet!

I can't find anyone having this problem, but do you guys have any idea what's going on?

If I sit in a racing cockpit in say, Race07 or rFactor and set it to 100, each eye is about twenty feet out from each side of the car...

Help!
Why would you set it to 100???!
The maximum a game needed I have seen is about 30 / 40. Most of them this value is around 0.3 - 1.But it depends per game.

I am completely confused why you carry on changing it after you have said you found the right value (1 / 2).
kalabalik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kalabalik »

baggyg wrote:
kalabalik wrote:I have found that I seem to be the only one with this problem I got...

Help!
The maximum a game needed I have seen is about 30 / 40. Most of them this value is around 0.3 - 1.But it depends per game.

I am completely confused why you carry on changing it after you have said you found the right value (1 / 2).
You misread my post. It is impossible to have it at 30 or 40. At that value the eyes are separated at least four feet with one eye outside the car an the other in the passenger seat. Others post their settings at having it at 30 and obviously something is wrong for me.

And you can't set it at 0.3, my settings go from 0-100 in steps of 1

At 1 it's almost too large even then, and anything larger is painfully apart.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

kalabalik wrote:
baggyg wrote:

Help!

You misread my post. It is impossible to have it at 30 or 40. At that value the eyes are separated at least four feet with one eye outside the car an the other in the passenger seat. Others post their settings at having it at 30 and obviously something is wrong for me.

And you can't set it at 0.3, my settings go from 0-100 in steps of 1

At 1 it's almost too large even then, and anything larger is painfully apart.
To be clear are you talking about scene depth in the 3D menu or world scale in the HMD settings menu? If the former you have misread the Tridef instructions.

The scene depth in the 3d menu should always be set to 30, period.

The world scale in the hmd settings should be changed to achieve the correct seperation / 3d effect. This moves in 0.1 values unless you are holding the ctrl key in which it moves in 1's.

I suspect you have got the world scale too high and are incorrectly changing the depth from the 3d menu.

Make sure you fully read and understand the instructions here: https://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6bb43b0e2b
kalabalik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kalabalik »

if the scene depth in the 3D menu is set at 30, the eyes are separated by more than a meter, which is why something must be wrong. no matter what game, the default settings is way way off.

I am able to read, and I am tech savvy, but something is wrong and just wanted to see if anyone knew what happened. But obviously not. :)
museumsteve

Post by museumsteve »

Not sure if there's miscommunication about your issue mate.
I've been playing GTR Evo etc. You don't need to change anything in 3D settings (I certainly haven't), just scroll down to HMD settings then the only setting that really needs changing (on just about every game I tried) is the World Scale which defaults to 100 and needs to be set to the minimum (for me anyway) which is 0.1, it changes in realtime as you adjust it so you see it changing.
rFactor 2 is the same
kalabalik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kalabalik »

yeah well, i think something went wrong in the install or something :) will get back on the issue when im back home on sunday as noone has the same strange issue as me.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

kalabalik wrote:I am able to read, and I am tech savvy, but something is wrong and just wanted to see if anyone knew what happened. But obviously not. :)
As I said...
I suspect you have got the world scale too high and are incorrectly changing the depth from the 3d menu.
Therefore set the 3d scene depth to 30, go to the HMD settings menu and reduce the world scale right down. As Steve said...
is the World Scale which defaults to 100 and needs to be set to the minimum
So i doubt it is anything to do with a broken install or similar and simply the default value is incorrect. . Remember you are using this on unsupported games.
mbuehler
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mbuehler »

Here's a setup for War Thunder in Tridef, with the Hydra and Opentrack. Works very well except for the frame rate. It can get a little choppy in some situations, not exactly sure why yet.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/ ... /?p=803062

Return to “Oculus VR”