RifTUP! FullHD Oculus DK1 upgrade kit

Inscothen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: RifTUP! FullHD Oculus DK1 upgrade kit

Post by Inscothen »

Have you tried adjusting gamma in your graphics control panel?
musteh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by musteh »

I've been playing with my new riftup for the last week and trying to get it working correctly...

I'm having awful ghosting issues half the time, which I reboot the control box to fix (works 1 time in 3) and blue speckle issues all the time.

The experience is better when it's working, but its all a bit of a faff just now.

Has anyone else had these issues and got past them?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Inscothen wrote:Have you tried adjusting gamma in your graphics control panel?
Inscothen.. you're a legend!, now why didn't I think of that?!

I just tweaked the gama in NVidia Control Panel and the image is perfect (using the Obolos demo as my test since i couldn't make anything out previously). Result!, thank-you!
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

I'm glad that helped and thanks again for the Riftup tracker patch. :woot
yunti
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by yunti »

I've just sold my DK1- wasn't really using it and so have a Rift up! kit for sale. All tested and works perfectly - just PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Does anyone know where you can get a duplicate cable for the one running from the control box to the screen?

I want to use my old DK1 screen with a raspberry pie or something and have a little portable computer / photo album.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I was wondering the same myself.. seems a bit of a waste having a perfectly good 720p screen sitting in a box likely to never be used again (at least unless I sell my DK1+RiftUp).
willibeu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by willibeu »

That makes three of us wondering.... I found this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MT6820-B-Univer ... #ebayphoto ...seems like a good way for someone like me to fry the 720p screen. Maybe someone who knows what they are doing can say if it could work? By the by....the new screen is awesome...all my tridef games look very good...vorpx ..not so much... thinking that after the incorporating of the new DK2 SDK ..it will help greatly.
davidmi58
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by davidmi58 »

Ok, now this is a little weird so I thought I would throw it out to the experts out there.
I just installed the new 4.0 sdk and new Oculus runtimes which includes a new utility that will display images directly to the Rift without running in cloned or extended mode. (for those application that are compiled in the new SDK, of course.) I ran the new Tuscany demo and, sure enough, it displays directly to the Rift while being mirrored in a window on my monitor. However, the video displayed in the Rift is UPSIDE-DOWN! The tracker works and everything but the picture is displayed upside-down. The new configuration utility still displays my RiftUP! as a Rift DKHD2, by the way.
Anyone got any ideas?
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

I haven't tried yet but maybe rotate your riftup 180 degrees?
davidmi58
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by davidmi58 »

Inscothen wrote:I haven't tried yet but maybe rotate your riftup 180 degrees?
Yeah... I was thinking about that but then wouldn't everything else in the Rift world be upside down? I hope there is a better way. I will soon have a DK2 on the way but I don't want my RiftUP! to be obsolete.
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

I haven't tried it but there is extended mode in the Rift Display Mode options. Does that work correctly?

If you do rotate the Riftup, go into your computer's display setting and change the Rift to landscape(flipped?). It should work the same as it does now I think.
davidmi58
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by davidmi58 »

Inscothen wrote:I haven't tried it but there is extended mode in the Rift Display Mode options. Does that work correctly?

If you do rotate the Riftup, go into your computer's display setting and change the Rift to landscape(flipped?). It should work the same as it does now I think.
If I set the display mode to extended in the driver, everything works as you would expect it to using the old method. No problems.
I am not sure what you mean by "go into your computer's display setting and change the Rift to landscape(flipped?)" When you use the new direct method, the Rift does not appear as a display on my computer. There are no display properties to adjust in Windows. I run Tuscany in single display mode, the program opens on the Rift and a mirrored window appears on my desktop. This would be a very simple way of operating the Rift and very intuitive. It would also probably be the way they are going to drive the Rift at a higher refresh that a regular monitor. But, the image appears upside down on the RiftUP! screen.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I've not tested it myself yet, but I have to say hats off to the Oculus VR guys for solving the "extended desktop" issue that has dogged us RiftUp! owners. The idea that it can simply push to the HMD without treating it as a separate desktop, and show the video stream in a desktop window is just great.

Unfortunately, from what's already been said, I suspect the RiftUp!'s problem is that it's screen is probably oriented 180 degress to the DK2. Thankfully OVR have left the option for Extended display mode, otherwise we'd be stuffed.

Since I haven't got a DK2 on order (I treated the RiftUp as enough of a bump to keep me going until CV1), if the RiftUp! becomes obsolete I will be crushingly disappointed. For now that doesn't seem to be the case, but it does look like we have even more faffing about required in order to make things work.. I can see myself having to keep a spreadsheet of all the demos/games and exactly what configuration options are required in order to make it work correctly.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

My DK2 should be here on Wednesday so I'll give it a try with both. I'll give the new SDK it a go with RiftUP over the weekend and see whether the windowing is possible with it. Hopefully yes as it would solve a few problems.

And yes this is a really nice solution from Oculus for the mirroring.
SlackR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SlackR »

Got my DK2 this morning...

The Direct setting is pretty sweet but only works for demos configured with the new SDK.
Extended mode is working fine with the new oculus demos, but the camera keeps switching off when trying the old DK1 demos.
The screen is not nearly as pretty as the RiftUp... Still a heck of a lot better than the DK1 obviously but the colours are definitely not on a par with the LCD screen we know and love!
ripcurl123
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripcurl123 »

I just downloaded the new sdk 04 thinking it may work with riftup for the mirroring but shut down my riftup completely ,so had to revert back to sdk 03 , I too am waiting for dk2 but going by above post dont look too good :cry: riftup works fantastic still very impressed.....

Ripcurl.
Last edited by ripcurl123 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I have a few questions.. because I am not seeing what others are seeing..

Did you do anything to enable the Direct HMD Access?

Both the radio buttons are disabled when I try to change it in the "Rift Display Mode" utility. It is defaulted to Extended Desktop mode and there's nothing I can do to change that. The config utility is still recognising my HMD as a DKHD2, so that's something at least.

I can't find the Tuscany Unity Demo anywhere for SDK 0.4.. are you using the Oculus World Demo that is part of the SDK download? (i.e. the non-unity version of the Tuscany demo)

That runs fine in my RiftUp! in extended mode (and I know it is the 0.4 version since it shows the health and safety splash), so on that basis I am staring to think the RiftUp isn't a dead duck yet. It would be a tragedy to have such a beautiful screen and be unable to use it with anything new.

Curious to hear what other RiftUp! owners are finding.

I am also curious to know if there is anyone else with a RiftUp! who, like me, isn't awaiting a DK2, or am I the only one?

Sorry, I've rambled a bit..
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

palmer posted this on reddit in regards to resolution riftup vs dk2:
>(that's due to the pentile mode on the OLEDdisplay vs LCD

The bigger reason is that RiftUP has a much lower field of view. DK2 would have had a lot more pixels per degree if we had decided to ship a 70 degree FOV.
If that's the case then cv1 with a 2560x1440 screen won't be much higher than riftup.

about 13.7 pixels per degree for RU vs <14.2 ppd for 1440p cv.

Sure cv1 will have more fov, better lenses, low-persistence, etc... :D but just resolution-wise we've already seen pretty much what cv1 can do(if only 1440p pentile).
DrBeef wrote:I have a few questions.. because I am not seeing what others are seeing..

Both the radio buttons are disabled when I try to change it in the "Rift Display Mode" utility. It is defaulted to Extended Desktop mode and there's nothing I can do to change that. The config utility is still recognising my HMD as a DKHD2, so that's something at least.

I can't find the Tuscany Unity Demo anywhere for SDK 0.4.. are you using the Oculus World Demo that is part of the SDK download? (i.e. the non-unity version of the Tuscany demo)

That runs fine in my RiftUp! in extended mode (and I know it is the 0.4 version since it shows the health and safety splash), so on that basis I am staring to think the RiftUp isn't a dead duck yet. It would be a tragedy to have such a beautiful screen and be unable to use it with anything new.

I am also curious to know if there is anyone else with a RiftUp! who, like me, isn't awaiting a DK2, or am I the only one?
I can switch between direct and extended. DKHD2 EDID. Direct mode is upside down though(sdk world demo). Modding the RU for direct mode's proper orientation and center on the lenses would work but not a real concern just yet. If we can find out how direct mode works maybe it's just display orientation in EDID or something like patching content.

I held off on DK2 until later so I can enjoy my Riftup a bit more and until content catches up for positional tracking. I'm just learning UE4 as I have time and am not doing anything close to serious development yet(if ever) so getting DK2 isn't a priority.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Inscothen wrote:
The bigger reason is that RiftUP has a much lower field of view. DK2 would have had a lot more pixels per degree if we had decided to ship a 70 degree FOV.
If that's the case then cv1 with a 2560x1440 screen won't be much higher than riftup.
about 13.7 pixels per degree for RU vs <14.2 ppd for 1440p cv.
That's quite true, and it'll even be a bit less if the CV1 uses a PenTile OLED panel since it would have less subpixels.

But I think I would still much prefer a HMD with low-persistence and a > 100° FOV than one with a 86° FOV at best (what is advertised in the RiftUP! FAQ).

To sum it up :
- RiftUP! (6.35cm IPD, 2mm eye relief) : 86° HFOV, 11.2 PPD
- DK1 (same IPD and eye relief) : 113.3° HFOV, 5.7 PPD
- DK2 (same IPD and eye relief) : 105.9° HFOV, 9.1 PPD
- 2560x1440 5.7" panel (same IPD and eye relief) : 105.9° HFOV, 12.1 PPD
davidmi58
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by davidmi58 »

DrBeef wrote:I have a few questions.. because I am not seeing what others are seeing..

Sorry, I've rambled a bit..
When you say you can't find the Oculus World Demo...you did download BOTH sets of files from Oculus, right old bean?
Also, I had to restart the computer before the new driver would work.

I am sure you probably did both of these things...but just wanted to make sure. Heck, this has to work for you. You might be the only one who can fix the unside down video! ;)
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

davidmi58 wrote:When you say you can't find the Oculus World Demo...you did download BOTH sets of files from Oculus, right old bean?
OK, that's my question answered.. there doesn't seem to be a Unity Tuscany Demo then. I was using the Oculus World Demo in the SDK myself, which sounds like what you're using. i.e. the one without the butterflies and particle effects
davidmi58 wrote:Also, I had to restart the computer before the new driver would work.
I am sure you probably did both of these things...but just wanted to make sure.
Yeah, restarted my machine several times. It all seems to be installed ok, but the Rift Display Mode dialog is entirely disabled when the RiftUp isn't plugged in, and when it is, only the DK1 Legacy MOde checkbox is availble (the rest is still disabled). Not quite sure why, and not quite sure how to fix it. I'll try to play around later.
davidmi58 wrote:Heck, this has to work for you. You might be the only one who can fix the unside down video! ;)
I appreciate your confidence.. I'll see what I can do *gulp*

On the subject of FOV.. I haven't noticed lower FOV on the RiftUp than on the original DK1.. it's obviously using the same lenses and I can't see the edges of the screen, so surely the FOV is basically the same? (unless I am missing something). I also thought the DK1 had an HFOV of 90, it's the diagonal FOV that is measured as ~110 isn't it?, and the DK2 has a diagonal FOV of ~100. As far as my experience goes, the RiftUp feels like the DK1 with a far greater resolution (and colours).
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

DrBeef wrote:On the subject of FOV.. I haven't noticed lower FOV on the RiftUp than on the original DK1.. it's obviously using the same lenses and I can't see the edges of the screen, so surely the FOV is basically the same? (unless I am missing something).
The DK1 uses a 7" panel, the RiftUP! uses a 5.9" panel, so it's obvious that a good part of the FOV is missing on the sides. Also the RiftUP! is using a 16:9 panel so even more vertical FOV is lost.

Illustration :
DK1-horizontal-fov.png
DK1-vertical-fov.png
RiftUP!-horizontal-fov.png
RiftUP!-vertical-fov.png
DrBeef wrote:I also thought the DK1 had an HFOV of 90, it's the diagonal FOV that is measured as ~110 isn't it?
The FOV depends on the IPD and eye relief of the viewer. The DK1 was advertised at 90° HFOV but it was for the Kickstarter when they were using the old 5.6" panel.
DrBeef wrote:and the DK2 has a diagonal FOV of ~100. As far as my experience goes, the RiftUp feels like the DK1 with a far greater resolution (and colours).
The DK2 has been advertised at a 100° nominal (diagonal) FOV but no info has been given about the IPD and eye relief it's been calculated with.

For a 6.35 mm IPD and 2 mm eye relief (like the previous examples), I've measured the FOV at 109.1°x115.4°, ie. a bit lower than the DK1 but much higher than the RiftUP!. It's all a matter of compromises.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Well, I can't argue with that! Though I must admit I didn't notice any difference in my FOV experience in the RiftUp after the upgrade. Like I said, I can't see the edges of the screen and I was under the impression the a large area of the DK1's 7" screen was wasted unviewable area, which makes the 5.9 inch screen more optimal. However, I've never measured anything myself so I'm just regurgitating what I think I've read on other forums.

The relative FOV of HMDs does seem to be a heavily debated topic. I have to say I'm happy with what I have in the RiftUp anyway whatever the FOV might be, and as I'm not waiting for a DK2, it's all i'm going to know.
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

The config utility demo scene won't start with EDID for DKHD2. Would it start and display properly for RiftUp+DrBeef patch with Dk1 or another EDID?
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Back to my earlier issue, seems a re-install has sorted it out. So I get standard RiftUp behaviour if I go for extended display, and I get the upside-down issue if I select the "Direct to HMD" option.

Will have a bit of a play around and see if there's anything in the display info that could be used to sort this one out.. if there isn't (and the orientation of the screen is hardcoded) then there might not be a lot we can do other than continue to use extended display mode.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

DrBeef wrote:Back to my earlier issue, seems a re-install has sorted it out. So I get standard RiftUp behaviour if I go for extended display, and I get the upside-down issue if I select the "Direct to HMD" option.

Will have a bit of a play around and see if there's anything in the display info that could be used to sort this one out.. if there isn't (and the orientation of the screen is hardcoded) then there might not be a lot we can do other than continue to use extended display mode.
Would be a shame - its such a nice solution.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I'm not sure I've seen an API change so dramatically between minor version increments!, that said, it's not actually a released product yet, so it's fair enough, but the baseline moves so far each time it's like learning a whole new API. I'm only looking for the one part related to the display information, but even that has changed massively (probably due to the fact it can now support multiple devices, and uses a special driver to avoid the extended display thing), and appears to use bit streams rather than the original USB Feature Reports.

Another problem is that OVR appear to have started to use COM and ATL, and it seems that the ATL libraries aren't part of visual studio express by default. There's probably some documentation on this provided with the SDK that I need to find, because as it currently stands I am unable to build libOVR, if anyone else knows anything about this please let me know. Hopefully it's simply a case of installing a platform SDK.

I've pretty much run out of time this evening, but there is a slim chance we may be able to do something about it.. very slim however. I can see some sort of rotation parameter in NetSessionCommon::DeserializeHMDInfo, but I have no idea if it is a) related to our issue and b) something we can even change.

Good luck anyone else who might be looking into this.. I'll try to pick this up again as soon as I can..
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

DrBeef wrote:I'm not sure I've seen an API change so dramatically between minor version increments!, that said, it's not actually a released product yet, so it's fair enough, but the baseline moves so far each time it's like learning a whole new API. I'm only looking for the one part related to the display information, but even that has changed massively (probably due to the fact it can now support multiple devices, and uses a special driver to avoid the extended display thing), and appears to use bit streams rather than the original USB Feature Reports.
Thinking about it, I think I know what's going on. The SDK as we knew it is now not publicly available in SDK 0.4, and is wrapped up in the OVRService, the "BitStream" stuff I referred to is the comms layer between the 0.4 SDK library and the OVRService (over sockets or something like that, I've not had time to study it properly).

If I get any further with this I'll report back.. Also, it seems I am having to install the Windows Driver Kit 7.1 just in order to get atlbase.h and atlsl.lib to be able to build libOVR using VS express (which is a bit of a disappointment, having to install additional tools is a bit irritating).
RaNk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RaNk »

Sterling work Dr.Beef. Keep it up. :)
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Final update before I get booted off the computer to look after the children...

I built libOVR, put a breakpoint in the code and I was right, that rotation parameter is responsible for what we wanted. It comes in as 90, so I changed it to 270 and the Oculus World Demo was displayed at the correct orientation.

If I can figure out whether the HMD is responsible for this value then we might be able to do something. If it is hardcoded as a default orientation for the DKHD2 prototype, then we might not be able to do anything.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

DrBeef wrote:Final update before I get booted off the computer to look after the children...

I built libOVR, put a breakpoint in the code and I was right, that rotation parameter is responsible for what we wanted. It comes in as 90, so I changed it to 270 and the Oculus World Demo was displayed at the correct orientation.

If I can figure out whether the HMD is responsible for this value then we might be able to do something. If it is hardcoded as a default orientation for the DKHD2 prototype, then we might not be able to do anything.
That would make sense, as they have to rotate 90.

Sorry for the low tech solution here, but couldn't we just take the Rift apart and turn the screen upside down?
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

That had occurred to me too. Probably lot easier than faffing about with the SDK and flashing yet another patch. Just depends on how easy it is to pop the screen out of the surrounding mount and whether it fits back in the other way up snugly and with enough room for the cabling. If it does then that is probably the neatest solution.

Daniel (Rozsnyo), if you're watching, would that be possible?
Hewster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hewster »

DrBeef wrote:That had occurred to me too. Probably lot easier than faffing about with the SDK and flashing yet another patch. Just depends on how easy it is to pop the screen out of the surrounding mount and whether it fits back in the other way up snugly and with enough room for the cabling. If it does then that is probably the neatest solution.

Daniel (Rozsnyo), if you're watching, would that be possible?
Thanks for looking into this DrBeef, your work so far helping with the riftup has been exemplary :)

I've not got my rift with me, but I'm pretty sure the screen is not symmetrical, by that I mean one edge has a larger border than the other, i think we would need to have a new support plate made (and are the cables long enough?)
synchromesh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by synchromesh »

DrBeef wrote:Probably lot easier than faffing about with the SDK and flashing yet another patch.
Personally I'd much rather tweak the SDK & patches than try to mess about with the hardware like that. And thanks for your efforts investigating this issue!
DrBeef wrote:Daniel (Rozsnyo), if you're watching, would that be possible?
Daniel, would it be possible to get some more updates? It's been a month since you said that everyone would have their RiftUP! by July 4th, and there's still no sign of my stand-alone unit.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Another thing I notice, which is another reason to stick with the frustrating extended display mode approach, is that the adjusted Gamma setting (using NVIDIA control panel) doesn't seem to have any effect when the Direct HMD access is being used.

The image quality was significantly better when using extended desktop mode (because of the gamma correction) than it is when using HMD Direct Access (with the rotation fiddled so it shows the right way up).

It's "swings and roundabouts" really, and to be honest, there's a good chance "Direct HMD Access" might be out of our reach anyway, but I won't give up yet.
3DJB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJB »

Has anyone else had a problem with their RiftUp! where the colors start out heavily saturated and then a few seconds later the colors start fading into a bright negative image?!? I have only had the RiftUp! for a little while and it worked great for the time that I had it until today when the colors started screwing up like this. Please advise me what to do if anyone can help!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

3DJB wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with their RiftUp! where the colors start out heavily saturated and then a few seconds later the colors start fading into a bright negative image?!? I have only had the RiftUp! for a little while and it worked great for the time that I had it until today when the colors started screwing up like this. Please advise me what to do if anyone can help!
I don't see anything like that I am afraid, though I do sometimes get what looks like quite severe interference/flickering/red+green pixelation, seems to occur after 10 minutes of use just for a few seconds or longer, then it goes again. Thinking I might open up my rift and give the cable an extra twist as I don't think I did that when I first installed it.
3DJB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJB »

It's bad :( The entire image either starts out heavily saturated and then fades to negative or just starts out faded negative from the get go. Not sure if it is the controller board or if it is the screen. I have emailed riftup@rozsnyo with the issue. I can only hope now that he has some spares lying around that I can purchase cheap or send back my defective one to see if it can be repaired. This sucks :cry:
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I'm really sorry to hear that, that does totally suck! I hope you get it sorted.

For those that do have a working RiftUp.. I've solved the rotational problem with a bit of classic hackery, a hex editor and a bit of patience, however it's not all good news.

The rotation value is not stored on the HMD, not surprised as I expect the idea of "rotation" was only required once the HD screens they started to use were no longer landscape. Anyway, the defined values of rotation can be found in:

Code: Select all

Ptr<Display> Display::GetDisplay(int index, DisplaySearchHandle* handle)
in OVR_Win32_Display.cpp. You'll see that there are only two values, 0 (for DK1 and unknown HMDs) and 90 (for all the HD variants). Just changing this is not going to work, since the libOVR is a library compiled into the binary using it, if it was a DLL then it might, but it's statically linked so that approach is no good. So, as I suspected, the OVRService is responsible for returning this value to the application querying it (which will be any DK2 compatible application in the future).

So, knowing this I broke out the hex editor, and went through changing every instance of 5A 00 00 00 (the hex equivalent of 90) to 0E 01 00 00 (which is 270) in the OVRService executable until I was able to see 270 coming back as the rotation value rather than 90 (changing the non-workers back if they didn't have any effect). It took a while as I forgot that intel CPUs are little endian so my initial hex values were wrong, after about 30 goes with none of them working, I realised my mistake then I hit upon the right one first go!

So now I have a modded OVRService executable (backed up the original first of course) that returns the correct rotation value for our RiftUp HMD. However...

1) We'll have to do this every time OVR release a new SDK, not too much trouble (the work of minutes now that I know what I'm doing), but a bit annoying nonetheless and not really something that people totally unfamiliar with this sort of thing would be comfortable doing
2) There is a weird tearing of the image on the left side of the screen.. can't explain it, but it looks a bit like the effect when you try to use VorpX in the RIftUp. It's actually rather annoying and enough to put me off using it for a long period. It's only in the left eye, and on the left hand side, but it is in the clearly visible part of the image. THIS IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE FOR ME SEE NEXT POST
3) The gamma correction (as I previously mentioned) that is configured through the GPU config utility is not applied, and therefore the dark images are not as distinct as they could be.

I am not sure whether I should be distributing a hacked version of the OVRService, I don't want to invoke the wrath of Facebook and their legions of lawyers, so I will provide instructions for those feeling bold and want to see it in action:

* Download a hex editor, personally I use HxD
* Open Task Manager and stop the following processes:
- Microsoft ® Windows Based Script Host (this is the script that restarts the service if it stops, so you'll have to stop this one first)
- OVRService_x64.exe (or the 32-bit one if your OS is 32-bit)
* Create a copy of your OVRService executable somewhere safe (though HxD will also do this for you, best to make your own just to be sure)
* Open your hex editor as Administrator
* Open the executable you had to stop previously (C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRService_x64.exe for example)
* Search for the HEX values 5A 00 00 00 (use all 4 hex values so you definitely find the right one, you should find this at location 00019341 (in the 64-bit binary, I've not had a look at the 32-bit)
* Change the values to 0E 01 00 00 and save (if it tells you it can't then it means the process is still running and you'll need to stop it)
* Now browse to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\ folder and run the OVRService_xXX (where XX is 32 or 64) that you edited as an administrator

All being well you should find that when you run the Oculus World Demo, it is now oriented correctly.

Once again, I take no responsibility for anything you might do to your computer or rift or anything else while attempting this. But rest assured, as long as you back up the EXE before you start to edit it, you're unlikely to do anything worse than frustrate yourself if you don't edit the right bit.

Feeling quite pleased with myself I must admit.. :D
Last edited by DrBeef on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Oculus VR”