About the N070ICG-LD1 controller board

densohax
Cross Eyed!

About the N070ICG-LD1 controller board

Post by densohax »

For those who used this LCD.

I recently bought one with the controller board on ebay, and they actually are using only 6 bits channel LVDS instead of the 8 bit, because the cable that comes with it, is NOT wired on the last 2 bits of the LVDS..

Is it my understanding that is wrong, is it the LCD that doesn't support 8 bit (according to datasheet it does support it) also, the pinout is wrong in my datasheet, all the pins are shifted by 1 on the connector to the LCD.. That makes me wonder if they actually sent me another LCD with the N070 sticker on it!
densohax
Cross Eyed!

Re: About the N070ICG-LD1 controller board

Post by densohax »

I think I understand now. The guy actually ships the LVDS cable of a B101EW05 LCD (6bit LVDS). This cable shifts the pin +1 because the N070 uses a 39pin configuration on a 40pin connector.

So looks like this cable can be modified to support 8bit LVDS and thus the correct color density!
laciel
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: About the N070ICG-LD1 controller board

Post by laciel »

i got this display for really cheap and i guess i should've done more research, but would you know what i'd need to do to make this compatible as a screen replacement for the rift dk1? i have a dk2 and the dk1 has been broken for ages, i just picked it up and compared the specs, thinking that since they were so similar it shouldve been a no-brainer, however i guess i didn't know exactly what LVDS was, i assumed it would be using the same pinout, but i guess it doesn't? is this doable or am i completely hecked? thanks if you or anyone else could help me out! this is quite a bump for a thread ;p

Return to “Oculus VR”