DARK - Kalypso title on 5th July (native OR support)

colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

DARK - Kalypso title on 5th July (native OR support)

Post by colocolo »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS-bvXt1V0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-UGcrouK64
ElectroPulse
Cross Eyed!

Re: DARK - Kalypso title on 5th July (native OR support)

Post by ElectroPulse »

Hmm... Could be interesting. I'm not really a fan of vampire-themed stuff, but the stealth aspect in the Rift could be fun. I'll think about it. Thanks for the heads up!

And for anyone that would be interested, I looked on Green Man Gaming (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... tion/dark/), and they've got it for the same price of Steam + have a 25% off coupon (GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG), bringing the price down to a total of $25.50 USD. As for availability outside the U.S., I'm not sure... It doesn't say "(NA)" after the name, so it may be available elsewhere as well.
Syko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Syko »

cel shading and third person view. Will be interesting to see some impressions in a view days.
everix92
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by everix92 »

Hmm, now that I'm about to receive my Rift, I may have to pick this up. I love me a good stealth game and with OR support, this might be the one.
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

Syko wrote:cel shading and third person view. Will be interesting to see some impressions in a view days.
You meant third person few.

Anyway. I'll definitely check this one out!
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

The game came out, anyone have a chance to check it out with the rift? I can't spend money till the 15th otherwise id probably take the plunge...
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I dont really see the point in 3rd person gaming in VR. Has anyone tried it?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm gonna load this up tomorrow. Should be interesting.
IGameArt
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by IGameArt »

I've played about a good hour or so of this last night. I might do a video review of it at the end of the week once i've released my game. It works alright as long as you know the controls and have all the settings to your liking
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

WiredEarp wrote:I dont really see the point in 3rd person gaming in VR. Has anyone tried it?
It works great! You still freely look around like in first person and you rotate the camera with the right analog stick. Or the mouse but I highly recommend a 360 controller for this game.

I've played it both on the Rift and on my 2560x1440 monitor and even with the awful image quality, it feels so much better in the Rift...

I haven't played a lot though because there is currently an issue with AMD drivers (they're working on it) but so far, I really like the atmosphere and the art style. Looking forward to jump back into it.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

it feels off. like the game itself somethings missing. i cant get the settings just right its either the 3D or whatever but it just feels off they should have done a better job honestly but whatever.
jhouff
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jhouff »

I picked up Dark and I'm about 3 hours into the game.

So far I'm realling digging the experiance, however I noticed that if you control the camera rotation with a controller / mouse there is no blur, but when you turn your head the tracking seems to introduce a "jumping / blur" feeling to the visuals. It's really weird.

Also the XBOX 360 controller wasn't working, all the buttoms where flipped like A was B and B was A. I figured out if you unplug your Razer Hydra that will fix the problem.

Wish I could fix the blurring issue......
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

Evenios wrote:it feels off. like the game itself somethings missing. i cant get the settings just right its either the 3D or whatever but it just feels off they should have done a better job honestly but whatever.
They should have done a better job at something you can't even put into words? :lol:

Obviously this wasn't a game designed for the Rift, but I think it's awesome they've put the time to support it. There's a thread on the official Oculus forums so maybe you could post about your concerns and how you think they could address them over there instead of badmouthing their game here and on Reddit?

They're still working on the Rift stuff and will give you access to the beta patches if you ask them.
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

jhouff wrote:So far I'm realling digging the experiance, however I noticed that if you control the camera rotation with a controller / mouse there is no blur, but when you turn your head the tracking seems to introduce a "jumping / blur" feeling to the visuals. It's really weird.
This has nothing to do with software. This is due to the screen and the way our eyes work. Everything in the Rift has this blur.

Valve's Michael Abrash has put it a lot more eloquently in his blog. I'd link to it but it's blocked here.
jhouff
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jhouff »

MrGreen wrote:
jhouff wrote:So far I'm realling digging the experiance, however I noticed that if you control the camera rotation with a controller / mouse there is no blur, but when you turn your head the tracking seems to introduce a "jumping / blur" feeling to the visuals. It's really weird.
This has nothing to do with software. This is due to the screen and the way our eyes work. Everything in the Rift has this blur.

Valve's Michael Abrash has put it a lot more eloquently in his blog. I'd link to it but it's blocked here.
Blur and jumping is probably a bad way of describing it, its almost like it's choppy when using the head tracking.

Haven't really noticed this on other games, sounds like its software to me......
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

jhouff wrote:
MrGreen wrote:

Blur and jumping is probably a bad way of describing it, its almost like it's choppy when using the head tracking.

Haven't really noticed this on other games, sounds like its software to me......
Just try Tuscany. Moving your view with your head doesn't feel as smooth as moving it with the mouse.

You also might be interested in this thread:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16994
Drewbdoo

Post by Drewbdoo »

I could not get this set up properly. I trial-and-errored out the IPD settings to the best of my ability but the drift was horrible. Everytime I went back to the game to check it and the brought back the menu, it was all over the place. I could never get the text to converge properly to be read and I kept have trouble getting turned in the correct position. I ended up staring at a sink before I realized a game event was going on - behind me. Got about 5 minutes into before I said screw it and went back to HL2. I'm surprised people have enjoyed this game on the rift because it seems like a huge mess to me. Maybe I'll try again later.

Edit

After deciding to come back to this and try it again, I don't know if some of the settings I had set before needed a reboot, but it was much improved. I must take back the harsh words because, while I don't know if this will be a good game or not, the rift integration is actually pretty great. The UI elements are very nice - fiddling around with the settings while in the rift was a nice touch. I look forward to the patch with the new sdk because there seems to be a bad drift problem. Also, the frantic cuts in the cutscenes are a bit much.
Last edited by Drewbdoo on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

Drewbdoo wrote:I could not get this set up properly. I trial-and-errored out the IPD settings to the best of my ability but the drift was horrible. Everytime I went back to the game to check it and the brought back the menu, it was all over the place. I could never get the text to converge properly to be read and I kept have trouble getting turned in the correct position. I ended up staring at a sink before I realized a game event was going on - behind me. Got about 5 minutes into before I said screw it and went back to HL2. I'm surprised people have enjoyed this game on the rift because it seems like a huge mess to me. Maybe I'll try again later.
:?

Didn't have any of these issues.

Return to “Oculus VR”