GOD factory: space combat rift demo

shiva
Cross Eyed!

GOD factory: space combat rift demo

Post by shiva »

Didn't see any post about this, has anyone tried this demo with their rifts yet? Judging from the videos, could be an awesome experience, VR space dogfighting is something I hoped for a long time, definitly going to give this a shot with my rift 2nite
Could be just the thing this kickstarter needs to succeed in the few days it has left

Demo link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1xeg0 ... review.rar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYa2cEOP_yI

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nin ... ry-wingmen
Brownie-UK7
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: GOD factory: space combat rift demo

Post by Brownie-UK7 »

how do you get the Rift support working?
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Brownie-UK7 wrote:how do you get the Rift support working?
Press 7 on your number pad.

Visit my website! http://mushroomtomatoes.com/
Ericshelpdesk
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ericshelpdesk »

To get rift to work, get into a game and hit numpad 7

This is my new favorite rift thing yet.
Sixense_Danny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sixense_Danny »

Everyone is doing this now, myself included :). Pretty sure no one can stand to wait until Star Citizen is out!

But everything he said about being better with the Oculus is very true. The extra sense of awareness goes a long way. Just being able to look around for situational awareness is huge. It seems that most of these space sims aren't using physics to drive vehicles around though. Oh I wish I had unlimited time and resources! I did get Oculus turret tracking working though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5EOdq9p38

Ok, but back on topic... downloading!
Last edited by Sixense_Danny on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

OH. MY. GOD.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

THIS IS F*CKING AWESOME !!!
Best rift experience hands down. We need to fund this, people!! This game needs to happen
Going back in.
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Evenios »

It is a good demo in rift mode too bad it is only accesible for a month. You should create a free demo that just has one map you can fly around even if it has no "ai" still the experence alone is cool. I just flew around myself and didnt even really bother with the combat. The sad thing is though it makes you want more. to wish it was a large universe you could explore and not just one map at a time.....only downside i think. hopefully more space sims will come out for the Rift!
Zoide

Post by Zoide »

Just a heads-up: the download link on the GoD Factory: Wingmen was incorrectly leading people to an old, buggy version of the game! They've now fixed it and you can download a much better build.

Here is the full email from the GoD team:

Project Update #19: Bugged link on the front page
Posted by Nine Dots Studio
On the front page of kickstarter, we had a link to download the build of the game. It had this URL written: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t458h ... review.zip

but it was leading to an older, obsolete build we had sent to Indiecade a few months ago. We're terribly sorry about the inconvenience, it should be fixed now. So to know if you have the right build, the file should not have any mention of indiecade in its name. It should be called GODF_Wingmen_Alpha_Preview

We realize we've had tons of people by now who must have downloaded that very sucky version of the game instead of the right one, and must have had issues even connecting. If you know anyone to whom it happened, please let them know they can download a functional version now.
Zoide

Post by Zoide »

9 hours to go! They're $38,000 away from the goal. Anyone?
BOLL

Post by BOLL »

Backed this after watching the art video, got inspired by the amount of thought put into it o.o Lets hope they will find alternative funding if the Kickstarter fails :/ Sadly there is no mac version so currently I cannot try the alpha D: very sadface indeed!
Direlight

Post by Direlight »

These mobile suit games look cool, but I don't understand why in a giant robot game, you don't get cool energy weapons, like giant energy blades. Transformers should transform.

I don't think SSZ did either.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I only played this on Saturday night but I liked it. I probably would have backed it if I had gotten in on time. However, it still needs a proper 3D cockpit etc. I really like the art assets etc, but the cockpit in First Law is way nicer. Is there a way to change the viewpoint?

I think for immersion its good to have a really nice 3D cockpit that has a bit of popout, that way it centers all the other effects and provides a sense of presence. In this game, it was great fun flying around, but i didn't feel anything like I was in a real craft since the Rift 'cockpit' seems more like a UI overlayed over an external view?

Return to “Oculus VR”