God Factory:Wingmen oculus video!

BowAndQuiver
One Eyed Hopeful

God Factory:Wingmen oculus video!

Post by BowAndQuiver »

I"m not sure if this game was already posted on, but there was a new video of God Factory:Wingmen (kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nin ... ry-wingmen) being played using the Rift today so I thought I'd post on it! Check it out, it looks great already!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYa2cEOP_yI
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: God Factory:Wingmen oculus video!

Post by Evenios »

it looks interesting i would have supported it if it was a more of a open universe exploration game even if it was a shooter that allowed you to visit other systems. but looks like its just a map based type lobby game :-( oh well should be fun for some people! for me with the Rift i rather want to explore more then just shoot up folks though :-)
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Evenios wrote:but looks like its just a map based type lobby game :-( oh well should be fun for some people! for me with the Rift i rather want to explore more then just shoot up folks though :-)
I seriously can't wrap my head around what you just said, how can you not see the potential in this video? How in any way is it possible to say something negative right here?
You obviously don't own a Rift, or tried one, because if you did you would understand from this video that this game will deliver an AMAZING experience.
Even Half life 2, a 9 YEARS OLD game is FREAKING INCREDIBLE on the rift, so this? Space fighting with full head movement in the vacuum of space, orbiting around gigantic ships, while free-looking at PLANETS AND SH*T? I'm going on their page RIGHT NOW to throw 300 bucks at them. To start.
Thanks for the share BowAndQuiver, awesome video
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

It may be a "map-based lobby game", but it looks like a really awesome one. I'm all for huge, open-world games, but sometimes a more focused experience will give you better gameplay. If you don't have to make the huge, universe spanning sandbox, you can focus on making the core gameplay really fun, and that looks like what has happened here. It may not be the most amazing game ever, but I wouldn't casually dismiss it.
NineDotsPLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NineDotsPLT »

Hey guys,
Pier-Luc Tremblay here, programmer at NineDots Studio. I'm happy to see that people are talking about our game on forums. I can reply to your questions if you have some.

@Evenios : We are currently working on a MOBA like game, but once we are done, we will start making a game in the same universe (GoD Factory), but this time, it will be a single player game with a story and exploration. Somthing more like Mass Effect or Freelancer. Details are yet to come.

The reason that we are doing this is that we just want to focus on a part at the time. Generally, when a Studio is making a game with both a Single player campaign and a Multiplayer, either one of them is botched, or both are crap. With GoD Factory:Wingmen, we want to focus on the multiplayer side of the game. Networking can sometimes be a tricky thing to work with, but we would like to make a snowball effect.

We plan to use a big part of Wingmen to make the next title as we will already have the combat system and customisation tree. We will then be able to focus on the story, cutscenes and AI. We will however continue to support Wingmen with DLCs and probably more match mode since we want people to continue to play the game.

Again, if you have any questions regarding the game, the lore, or anything else, I can answer you.

Best Regards,
Pier-Luc
Pier-Luc
Programmer at NineDots Studio [url]http://ninedotsstudio.com/[/url]
mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

Will you have a targeting system similar to E-VR? as all reports suggest that this method seems to be a very useful technique in the Rift.
Also will you model the pilot into the cockpit?
NineDotsPLT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NineDotsPLT »

Hi mattyeatsmatts,
The locking system we have is a floating rectangle and you need to keep your targets inside it to lock (some weapon lock instantly, some needs time) like Armored Core.
Because we have 4 playable species and all are non-humanoid aliens, we do not plan to modelize pilot for now. Maybe in a future patch though.
Pier-Luc
Programmer at NineDots Studio [url]http://ninedotsstudio.com/[/url]

Return to “Oculus VR”