'The Forest' puts on Oculus Rift, goes exploring

GuNStArHeRo
One Eyed Hopeful

'The Forest' puts on Oculus Rift, goes exploring

Post by GuNStArHeRo »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qTtVMM3uqQ

The Forest is a first-person horror game currently in development for the PC and Oculus Rift. After surviving a plane crash at the outset of the game, players must build and thrive in a mysterious forest, scavenging materials throughout the day and defending against an indigenous enemy by night.

Developer Ben Falcone promises changing weather and tides that shift with the day/night cycle. Players will have to chop down trees to build and make fires, scavenge food or plant seeds to grow, while traps will be necessary to maintain a safe perimeter and defend the home. On the game's about page, the nocturnal ne'er-do-wells are described as "a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families and morals."

The Forest is tentatively scheduled to launch in late 2013, and is now vying for a spot on Steam Greenlight.

Original post: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/09/the-f ... exploring/
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: 'The Forest' puts on Oculus Rift, goes exploring

Post by colocolo »

holy crap, this game looks fantastic. :woot
a cave with skulls laying on the floor. :shock:
Paintbrush
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Paintbrush »

Now this looks incredible! I'm not sure I'll have the guts to play this with the rift :shock:
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Oh man...

This is excellent.
zella
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zella »

holy cow that looks good. beautiful graphics also. love that castaway/lost lone survival mechanic
Rickardo69
Cross Eyed!

Post by Rickardo69 »

Certainly looks like one to watch , another good game available end of year.
There's now quite a few really decent games in development for the Rift , Which is really great to see and here
Two great games successfully backed on kickstarter already,one about to meet its goal, and one almost ready for launch.
And what is nice to see is the chose , exploration , FPS , Si-Fi , Horror , Adult , recreational the list goes on .
The content thats coming from mainstream development is great too.
Problem is its all gonna come at once ,towards the end of 2013 we are all going to be hit by all these wonderful titles , new releases and backed projects
Well maybe thats not a problem after all.

First person to tell me the title of the app i was referring to when i said "and one almost ready to launch" gets free kickstarter backing paid by me sent to there email address. lol
offer only goes to rifters 16 and under
neverman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neverman »

Listen to the background music and I sing:"baby babe babe oh~ ohoh babe babe babe oh~"
Oculus rift,it's here,I'm there.
Paladia
Cross Eyed!

Post by Paladia »

For some reason I love survival games, though there's not that many out there. The first really good one I played was Survival (Stranded) Kids on the Game boy in 1999. I love outdoor survival in real life as well.

So to hear about a survival game being released with Rift support, as well as looking great and having horror elements, that's just awesome!
Chard
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Chard »

Awesome. Can't wait!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

This is another one with tons of potential. Exactly the type of stuff that will work great on the Rift.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Whats with the white android things attacking? Looked good up until there. Probably based on "The Cave" movie. I really hated that.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “Oculus VR”