The First Oculus Rift Audio Player...wow

phillypro
One Eyed Hopeful

The First Oculus Rift Audio Player...wow

Post by phillypro »

its called RiftAmp

and boy oh boy does it look freaking cool....imagine VR of sitting inside of an environment that is one BIG Visualizer.....Elements of the World reacting to the bounce of your music

this is by far the coolest application of an app for Oculus i have seen yet....and will most likely be the simplest way to display the power and awe inspiring creativity of the oculus rift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8V2hcyyTpg

I can already see myself sitting there with my jaw open.....for hours playing my favorite songs....

he should make one where you are on a Snowy ALP....and the Boulders of ice fall to the music ....possibilities endless
Apotheosis
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: The First Oculus Rift Audio Player...wow

Post by Apotheosis »

I wonder if you could reverse the premise and deform the environment to compose? Hear my cyclone!
Cromfel
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cromfel »

That is awesome. Some hints of the possibilities for new game designs for incorporating audio elements for pacing the game. Its like guitar hero meets crysis :lol:
LazloTheGreat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LazloTheGreat »

Wow.
Put this thing online for multiplayer mode, like, almost TF2 style, and you have a whole new concept of raving/clubbing with friends around the world.
Pretty cool 8-)
boone188
Cross Eyed!

Post by boone188 »

I've been working on something similar to this. Same idea, a visualizer, but quite a bit different. It's pretty amazing. I have been spending a lot of time in there. Unfortunately I can't release it, because I don't own Unity Pro :cry:
spire8989
Cross Eyed!

Post by spire8989 »

boone188 wrote:I've been working on something similar to this. Same idea, a visualizer, but quite a bit different. It's pretty amazing. I have been spending a lot of time in there. Unfortunately I can't release it, because I don't own Unity Pro :cry:
I've been working on a visualizer for the last month, but don't have a Rift to test it on yet. I'm going for more abstract things and flying through space and whatnot though. If any more of these pop up I'll definitely give up and let other people handle it, I have other projects...
Naru
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Naru »

Wow that's nice. The palm tree scene looks like a dream with the music playing. I kind of wonder how much such a thing would be used though. I often listen to music while doing other things. Shutting the world out by entering into a VR audio world would be fun every now and then though.
hast
Cross Eyed!

Post by hast »

Google has a few demos for interactive music videos as well:

http://www.ro.me/

Something like that could also potentially be really cool as a VR experience. But as it is now I think it might be too forced in the movements. (You don't have complete control of where you look.)

Perhaps it could be combined into the roller coaster? It has some of that concept that you are "along for the ride". But you'd still have to make some basic mockup of the areas which are not visible in the current music video.
boone188
Cross Eyed!

Post by boone188 »

hast wrote:Google has a few demos for interactive music videos as well:

Something like that could also potentially be really cool as a VR experience. But as it is now I think it might be too forced in the movements. (You don't have complete control of where you look.)

Perhaps it could be combined into the roller coaster? It has some of that concept that you are "along for the ride". But you'd still have to make some basic mockup of the areas which are not visible in the current music video.
I looked into combining some visualization elements into the RiftCoaster, but UDK doesn't provide easy access to the audio data like Unity does.
QUAKE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by QUAKE »

hast wrote:Google has a few demos for interactive music videos as well:

ro.me was amazing, thanks for sharing!

Now I want to try Child of Eden and Rez on the rift!
DiNo29
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DiNo29 »

boone188 wrote:I've been working on something similar to this. Same idea, a visualizer, but quite a bit different. It's pretty amazing. I have been spending a lot of time in there. Unfortunately I can't release it, because I don't own Unity Pro :cry:
Maybe you could do a small kickstarter/indiegogo campaign for the cost of the licence? Worth it if it's good, I'd back. :)

Return to “Oculus VR”