OVER SEAS! Oculus Rift Dev Kit Arrival Thread

cTool
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: OVER SEAS! Oculus Rift Dev Kit Arrival Thread

Post by cTool »

OlivierJT wrote:Coming to Paris, France...
Europe here it comes !
Since December delay, I was expecting it for mid-late April, right on time then !

Order ID: 00191x
"Purchase Date: Aug 1, 2012
Order Status: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping. "

FYI : Oculus Rift Development Kit + T-Shirt + Poster

From Ready to Processing. (maybe the change was a few days before, I just checked today)
Anyone else in France ? I feel pretty lonely in Paris that's for sure... (on the google map)

Developing for UDK btw. (UDK, GTX 690, Razer Hydra)
Cheers,
Hey, i'm from Paris too ! Mine is still in ready mode, maybe next batch :) (I'm 65XX order id).
Let us now how much VATs you will be charged, i'm curious.

Btw, what are you developping on the UDK ?

Et si un jour tu souhaites faire une démo, n'hésites pas à me PM, je ramènerais la bière :-p
Machinima
Cross Eyed!

Post by Machinima »

I estimated £50 tax when I ordered but then I didn't factor in brokerage charge, at any rate its close enough to my original estimate that I'm not bothered. I've ordered stuff from the states before so I'm well aware of how the charges can stack up sometimes :)
V8Griff
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by V8Griff »

Machinima wrote:I estimated £50 tax when I ordered but then I didn't factor in brokerage charge, at any rate its close enough to my original estimate that I'm not bothered. I've ordered stuff from the states before so I'm well aware of how the charges can stack up sometimes :)
Totally agree I was expecting £70 or so for charges etc so I'm equally unsurprised and happy in equal measures. (As was less than expected) The point of my post was to give people an idea of what to expect.
OlivierJT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OlivierJT »

@cTools

Ha another form Paris, do you know about the Oculus user map ?
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... d41543084a
You should add yourself ^_^
There is just me in Paris for now on the map...
I am planing to make a demo or something, I will make a post about it in due time (when the rift is here that is )

Yes of course I will write about the tax and all.

(What am i developing ?
Not telling yet.
What I can say is it's specifically for the Rift, and part of a much bigger universe, I have been working for +1 year on the universe, game deigning and creating assets and things in Maya/UDK
As I am pretty much doing everything, it's hard to tell when it will be finished, I hope in a few month.
Learning to code (unreal script) is hard for me, as I am not a dev.
But things goes along surprisingly well !)
What about you ? are you developing something, or it's just as a VR enthousiast ?
cTool
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cTool »

I wasn't aware of this map. And wow, awesome, we really are neighbours, we are living at a distance of less of a miles ! (I'm in the vaugirard street, near pasteur).
Yes i'm more a VR enthousiast, even if i'm working in the game industrie as a dev (on 2D games). I already own a Z800 from emagin. I do not know unreal script, but still, PM me if you have an issue, maybe i can help.
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bloody »

The people that pre-ordered DIY kits get fully assembled units.

For clearing my kit from the customs I've had to pay about 60 Euro, this is for the VAT + some small customs fees (no tax), the VAT here is 20% and you pay the VAT for the full price of the Rift + the shipping cost (the unit has arrived via UPS with $26 USD shipping cost reported by the courier company).
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

http://3dvision-blog.com/8869-the-waiting-is-finally-over-i-just-got-my-oculus-rift-dev-kit/ wrote:The Waiting is Finally Over, I Just Got my Oculus Rift Dev Kit
April 5th, 2013 · 6 Comments · General 3D News

It seems that at the moment the shipping process of the first dev kits of the Oculus Rift is a bit of a mess. The team at Oculus started shipping the first units already, but it seemed that they were only shipping to US/Canada with the international orders expected to start shipping a bit later on. My order number was 142 and the online system still says my order is being processed for shipping and I just got back from the customs after clearing my Oculus Rift dev kit. It has been shipped on 28th of March and arrived yesterday wit UPS and I’m based in Europe. Now I’m off to trying the kit out and you can expect my first impressions a bit later, I’ll also publish additional information when and where you would be able to try out dev kit if you are interested in it and happen to be living or passing by Sofia, Bulgaria.
EDIT: After posting this, I found the Bloody owner's report on the previous page of this thread:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 20#p116296
3dcoffee
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dcoffee »

Still have
Order Status: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping.
3dcoffee wrote:
3dcoffee wrote:Czech Republic here.

Order ID: 00031x
Purchase Date: Aug 1
Order Status: Ready - Your order is ready! We'll notify you as soon as it's shipped.
Status changed today, to: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping.
squibbfire
Certif-Eyed!

Post by squibbfire »

There does appear to be 12000+ blue blobs on that map damnit...and why isn't it saving mine?

I've had it on there 4 times so far...
Rift Demos
Total List of Demos
Enter the Rift http://www.entertherift.fr/gamecenter/f ... ?langue=en
Official Oculus Shared Demos https://share.oculusvr.com/
Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kajos »

When were international orders shipping again?
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

No word of any new shipments since last week. Same is true for US shipments. Last Wednesday seems to be the last unit shipped out.

Perhaps they're waiting on their next shipment from manufacturing. Dunno.
supermike
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by supermike »

I haven't got mine yet, but then i don't think anyone in Australia has yet.
SlimJim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SlimJim »

Yep, no change for me mate. Shipping to Perth (#60xx). Hopefully shipping this week but more likely the week after.
Ben
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ben »

Pingles wrote:Last Wednesday seems to be the last unit shipped out.
The spreadsheet has one shipped on the 11th.
Caillin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Caillin »

Townsville here, number 2198, still no change on the order page.
mrbabbage
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrbabbage »

Hey fellow Aussies. Looks like we won't be getting them until early-mid may.
:( :(
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

im order 9XYZ to Ireland, im hoping it arrives sometime in July.
Ben
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ben »

Palmer's said they're still on track to have every existing order shipped by the end of May. Not just Kickstarter orders - all of them.

There are still plenty of things that could prevent that from happening, and it obviously doesn't apply to future orders, but the chances are you'll have it before July.
mrbabbage
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrbabbage »

So essentially there was no benefit for international backers to chip in on the kickstarter?
Ben
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ben »

I think you might be misinterpreting my previous post. They're not all being sent at once, the first come first served priority still applies on a per-region basis. Sorry for any confusion.
3dcoffee
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dcoffee »

I still have: Order Status: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping.

Also, I now have dreams about receiving it, for two days in a row. I must say that I wake up pretty confused :)
Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kajos »

3dcoffee wrote:I still have: Order Status: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping.

Also, I now have dreams about receiving it, for two days in a row. I must say that I wake up pretty confused :)
Should drink less coffee maybe?
OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OmniAtlas »

I am 5xxx from Australia.

I am assuming they will ship a bunch out so we should all be receiving it at the same time.

I am however anticipating a 2 week ship time from California.

I have no idea where their Asia/Oceanic distribution center will be.
nixarn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nixarn »

Anyone from Europe received one in the last few days? Mine's been "Processing" for a couple weeks now.

You'd think processing means you're in a batch they've received, right? Not the batch that's arriving on the 26th. I emailed them asking if I'll receive it before April 30 (Wanted to show it to a lot of people that day), to nobody's surprise I haven't received an answer from them.

I'm still hoping that "Processing" means it's been shipped and could show up any day now.
Kilobyte
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kilobyte »

nixarn wrote:Anyone from Europe received one in the last few days? Mine's been "Processing" for a couple weeks now.

You'd think processing means you're in a batch they've received, right? Not the batch that's arriving on the 26th. I emailed them asking if I'll receive it before April 30 (Wanted to show it to a lot of people that day), to nobody's surprise I haven't received an answer from them.

I'm still hoping that "Processing" means it's been shipped and could show up any day now.
Nothing here. Order 540, UK-based, also been processing for a couple of weeks.

While the switch to processing does give the impression that our orders are part of one of the currently shipping batches (and I guess that's still a possibility), I wouldn't be surprised if they've held back on shipping out any further EU orders for the sake of getting it all done through the new distribution center. On the one hand it's disappointing, because the wait is already pretty difficult to sit through. On the other, it'll probably mean a lower cost for the delivery overall (what with import taxes and so on).

There's also part of me that's pleased it hasn't arrived, because it'd only serve as a further distraction from this dissertation I'm supposed to be writing. :lol:
nixarn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nixarn »

Kilobyte wrote:
nixarn wrote:Anyone from Europe received one in the last few days? Mine's been "Processing" for a couple weeks now.

Nothing here. Order 540, UK-based, also been processing for a couple of weeks.

While the switch to processing does give the impression that our orders are part of one of the currently shipping batches (and I guess that's still a possibility), I wouldn't be surprised if they've held back on shipping out any further EU orders for the sake of getting it all done through the new distribution center. On the one hand it's disappointing, because the wait is already pretty difficult to sit through. On the other, it'll probably mean a lower cost for the delivery overall (what with import taxes and so on).

There's also part of me that's pleased it hasn't arrived, because it'd only serve as a further distraction from this dissertation I'm supposed to be writing. :lol:
I got an answer from Oculus:
Hello Niklas,

We are in the process of optimizing our fulfillment network, so I am
unable to offer an estimated time of delivery. "Processing" is the
longest status, it also means that your unit is ready for a courier to
pick up.

You can check the status of your order using our order manager. You can
access it here:
https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/

For additional information about our manufacturing and distribution
processes, please see the following links:

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... &p=1741#p1
http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/gdc-recap- ... ng-update/
I know it might sound crazy, but I'd rather pay 100-150€ extra to get it this week, then to wait another couple weeks.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Kilobyte wrote:There's also part of me that's pleased it hasn't arrived, because it'd only serve as a further distraction from this dissertation I'm supposed to be writing. :lol:
Write it. Write it now. You'll be kicking yourself when the Rift finally arrives but you have no time to use it!
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
Kilobyte
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kilobyte »

TheHolyChicken wrote:Write it. Write it now. You'll be kicking yourself when the Rift finally arrives but you have no time to use it!
A good point, although I have a month of revising/exams lined up once this is done, so it'll be distracting me in some way or another whenever it chooses to arrive.

...worth it, I'm sure.
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by LordJuanlo »

According to Kickstarter update #29, next week they will ship 500 Rifts to Europe and 500 more to Asia/Oceania, all of them using their new fulfillment network (lower delivery time and taxes). I assume that all orders labeled as 'processing' will be in that shipment.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
gray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gray »

14X UK, I have a Parcelforce delivery coming in today. I think it's the Rift, don't recall anything else on order. Only thing is I'm stuck at work! :)
Nogard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nogard »

gray wrote:14X UK, I have a Parcelforce delivery coming in today. I think it's the Rift, don't recall anything else on order. Only thing is I'm stuck at work! :)
Assembled or Un-assembled?
3dcoffee
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dcoffee »

LordJuanlo wrote:According to Kickstarter update #29, next week they will ship 500 Rifts to Europe and 500 more to Asia/Oceania, all of them using their new fulfillment network (lower delivery time and taxes). I assume that all orders labeled as 'processing' will be in that shipment.
I hope you are right. I am a Kickstarter order 31x, and I am stuck in Processing, like, "forever". But I wait patiently, they know what they are doing, I just use the free time to read up on UDK.
gray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gray »

Sorry guys, false alarm. The wait goes on... :roll:
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

International order (20x0) to NZ is now showing:

Purchase Date: Aug 1, 2012 06:20 PM PDT
Order Status: Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping.

AWESOME. I hope to get it within a couple of weeks now...
bull
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bull »

Order #2047 (to Chch, NZ) is processing as well. If it makes it here by May 1st I will be a very happy birthday boy.
Apotheosis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Apotheosis »

Order 29xx also Christchurch, NZ status processing.
Adrian de
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Adrian de »

50xx to Palmerston North NZ also changed to processing
danielbln
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by danielbln »

87xx still very much "ready". Any Germans on processing yet?
3dcoffee
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dcoffee »

danielbln wrote:87xx still very much "ready". Any Germans on processing yet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... oTlE#gid=0
danielbln
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by danielbln »

The gdoc spreadsheet is quite vandalized by now, my order isn't even in there any more.

Return to “Oculus VR”