[shipping info i thought may be wrong] Sorry.

LazloTheGreat
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Its official pre-orders will NOT start shipping in April

Post by LazloTheGreat »

superbike81 wrote:When the same guy makes the same complaint in 10 different posts across several different threads...
10 different posts. You know he did no such thing. Shutup Sheen.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

I think they are a comedy duo. One posts a complaint in ten threads and then the other guy follows in every thread complaining about it. Gold!
Visual Knight
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Its Offcal pre-orders will NOT start shipping in April

Post by Visual Knight »

Zoide wrote:
Visual Knight wrote:What I really would like to know is with me being more of an enthusiast who wants to make programs for the rift- What do I need to know with my current skill trades in order to be considered "a developer"? :mrgreen:
I created a thread for that very purpose: Recommended training for Rift development

I hope it helps ;)

Thank You, Solutions are what we should be looking for. I remember loosing money on a few kickstarters... But...its good to know what is going on and how your contribution is being used- gives me a huge sigh of relief. I know everyone is anxious - and some of the situations involving doom 3 and need delays can have some people on there toes. Education before we receive what we need is the best course of action right now.
AMD 8 Core 8150FX CPU OC'ed to 3.9Ghz / XFX AMD 7990 6GB Video / 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM / 256GB Kingston SSDNOW Sold-State Drive / Windows 7 64-bit / Sony 3D monitor
Tirregius
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tirregius »

Right now I'm just very excited about seeing the first posts about early backers experiences. I think knowing approximately how the shipping should happen is enough to calm the nerves a bit. I'm sure I'll be back to being all hopped up toward May, but until then I've got a huge fire under my ass to get up to speed with these new-fangled environments. I think Unity looks like the best balance between friendliness and power. I bet I will end up plunking down the cash for Pro. :-)
LazloTheGreat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LazloTheGreat »

Pingles wrote:I think they are a comedy duo. One posts a complaint in ten threads and then the other guy follows in every thread complaining about it. Gold!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nailed it, Pingles. Maybe they're even the same person. I can't wait till things get really meta and SB suddenly awakes in a cold sweat realizing all along he's been "whining" about... WHINING...
SB: "Oh, god, what have I become? " :lol:
superbike81
Cross Eyed!

Post by superbike81 »

I'm just trying to get this guy to stop ruining every thread with his garbage.

Latest example: we were having a decent discussion on racing games and he comes in and posts a freaking essay complaining yet again.

Regardless, he's on my ignore list now, so I won't be responding to any more of his posts because thankfully I won't be able to see them.
superbike81
Cross Eyed!

Post by superbike81 »

LazloTheGreat wrote:
superbike81 wrote:When the same guy makes the same complaint in 10 different posts across several different threads...
10 different posts. You know he did no such thing. Shutup Sheen.
Look at his posting history. He has more than 10 posts complaining about the same thing. I was being conservative by calling it ten posts.
German
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by German »

I'm with superbike81. Evenios* needs a time out.

*not afraid to name names
TemporalDrift
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TemporalDrift »

@ palmer tech...

Any chance of throwing in a free oculus t-shirt with the preorders? I would be happy to wait a little longer if you sweetened the deal with a bit of swag :D
NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

If I could ask one relatively easy to grant thing of Palmer..

While we wait for our website pre-ordered dev kits.. Could we please get relatively weekly updates on the shipping progress? Or even loosely bi-weekly.. lol
Maybe with some details about roughly how many orders were shipped during the week, and how far along in overall progress the orders are. Possibly even predictions going forward. heh

I dono if this is feasible to hope for, but I think it might help to alleviate the worries of those of us waiting the next few months for our preorder dev kits to arrive.
Might even make the wait more tolerable, if we were aware of generally where the line is, and how fast it's moving.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

They're at GDC this week, I think.
Qoheleth
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Qoheleth »

NikoKun wrote: While we wait for our website pre-ordered dev kits.. Could we please get relatively weekly updates on the shipping progress? Or even loosely bi-weekly.. lol
Maybe with some details about roughly how many orders were shipped during the week, and how far along in overall progress the orders are. Possibly even predictions going forward. heh
This would be nice. I was planning on using the Rift for my senior project this quarter but I just can't take the risk that I'll receive it in time. I'm 67xx in line and that might mean 6 weeks which is only gives me a week for Rift integration and testing before my colloquium presentation.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

TemporalDrift wrote:@ palmer tech...

Any chance of throwing in a free oculus t-shirt with the preorders? I would be happy to wait a little longer if you sweetened the deal with a bit of swag :D
If you're in the first 1000 preorders, then you can choose to get a free $25 credit from the Oculus Store, which you can use to get a free T-Shirt. But the store isn't open yet, and it will probably ship separately.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

i was an ass and i admit it i over reacted and got some of my facts wrong.

Things still on track for May shipping for later pre-orders so nothing to freak out about.
Last edited by Evenios on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vamplifire

Post by Vamplifire »

Qoheleth wrote:
NikoKun wrote: While we wait for our website pre-ordered dev kits.. Could we please get relatively weekly updates on the shipping progress? Or even loosely bi-weekly.. lol
This would be nice. I was planning on using the Rift for my senior project this quarter but I just can't take the risk that I'll receive it in time. I'm 67xx in line and that might mean 6 weeks which is only gives me a week for Rift integration and testing before my colloquium presentation.
I think there is something wrong with this math? If I'm preorder number 44xxx I doubt I'll be waiting 44 weeks for rift... I thought someone debunked this preorder number as a way to check your place in line.
Tirregius
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tirregius »

Vamplifire wrote:
Qoheleth wrote:
I think there is something wrong with this math? If I'm preorder number 44xxx I doubt I'll be waiting 44 weeks for rift... I thought someone debunked this preorder number as a way to check your place in line.
There are something like 13,000 total orders as of mid this month, as an educated guess.
ishist
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishist »

Vamplifire wrote:
Qoheleth wrote:
14 weeks. It appears that after they reached a certain number they started replacing the 1 in 10000 with a different number. So you are somewhere in the 14k range. This is all speculation of course but it seems to be backed up by the order numbers people submitted based on the date they ordered. So at the current estimated rate, assuming they don't speed up units/week shipped, you will fall somewhere between May 24th and June 21st as your ship date.

If they ramp up their rate as they mention is a previous update, this could be significantly sooner.

EDIT: Not my work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... oTlE#gid=0
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Noel Adams (1952 - 2001)
Vamplifire

Post by Vamplifire »

Intresting. I could have sworn someone debunked the order number thing. Oh well. I'm not bitching. Obviously the sooner the better but it will be a lot cooler to see what is available by the time i get it. Though then again all the backers will be better at team fortress by the time i get my rift ;)
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Vamplifire wrote:Intresting. I could have sworn someone debunked the order number thing. Oh well. I'm not bitching. Obviously the sooner the better but it will be a lot cooler to see what is available by the time i get it. Though then again all the backers will be better at team fortress by the time i get my rift ;)
The numbers have some issues but they are consistent. While you can't see your exact place in the line you can get a very good estimate working from other folks numbers.

In other words: As a 2600 person I will be getting my unit after the 2500 folks. Maybe I don't know EXACTLY how many Rifts there are between 2500 and 2600 but when they do start getting their shipping notices I will be close behind.
Vamplifire

Post by Vamplifire »

Pingles wrote:
Vamplifire wrote:Intresting. I could have sworn someone debunked the order number thing. Oh well. I'm not bitching. Obviously the sooner the better but it will be a lot cooler to see what is available by the time i get it. Though then again all the backers will be better at team fortress by the time i get my rift ;)
The numbers have some issues but they are consistent. While you can't see your exact place in the line you can get a very good estimate working from other folks numbers.

In other words: As a 2600 person I will be getting my unit after the 2500 folks. Maybe I don't know EXACTLY how many Rifts there are between 2500 and 2600 but when they do start getting their shipping notices I will be close behind.
hmmm so i have to take off the 4 from the 44xxx so im actually in the 4100 group eh? now it makes sense.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

the chart listed earlier about shipping orders in July at worst case is wrong. The statement is true that orders will "ramp up" 1,500 units is NOT going to be the max and perhaps was just indicating what the first few shipments may be. They may have made it a bit vague on purpose to wait and see how the first few shipments come along and then provide better projections.

Sorry (again) for being an ass.
Last edited by Evenios on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
s0uL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by s0uL »

Vamplifire wrote:
Pingles wrote:

hmmm so i have to take off the 4 from the 44xxx so im actually in the 4100 group eh? now it makes sense.

It's not quite that simple. Here's the estimated breakdown:

Orders 001000-009000 are for the 8k kickstarter backers.
Orders 020000-021500 are for the 1.5-2k pre-orders in 2012 after kickstarter
Orders 043000-048000+ are for 2013 pre-orders.

So if you've ordered this year your approximate place in line is 10,000 + (YOUR ORDER NUMBER-43,000)
Chrysophrase
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Chrysophrase »

I'm in about as good a position as I could be without being a kickstarter. I'm in the first wave of pre-orders. I was actually surprised when I got to choose a doom 3 replacement. I'm just eager to get my rift.

Goooosfraba. ;)

Return to “Oculus VR”