Doom 3 BFG - Rift specific console commands

Parity
Two Eyed Hopeful

Doom 3 BFG - Rift specific console commands

Post by Parity »

I asked for it in the DIY-thread, but I thought it would be better to start a new topic about it:

Is there already a list with Rift- (or 3D-) specific commands somewere in this forums?
Anything that is helpful to improve the experience with our DIY-HMDs.

Maybe let's start a list with:

Code: Select all

g_fov 80  //Field of view
stereoRender_warp   1 //enable lens distortion
stereoRender_warpTargetFraction 1 //values smaller between 0 and 1 to show smaller image per eye
stereoRender_interOccularCentimeters "6" //adjust IPD
stereoRender_convergence "22" //adjust convergence
What I would need is to shift the both images further apart from each other. Any command for that?
And what excatly does convergence do?
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Doom 3 BFG - Rift specific console commands

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Convergence is about shifting images further apart or closer together, but it may do it in a way that affects different depths differently, or that is limited. It's intended for moving everything backwards or forwards to set which objects are rendered at screen level.
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by MSat »

It sounds like "stereoRender_interOccularCentimeters "6" //adjust IPD" is what you're after, no? That should set the spacing between the two camera views.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Here's what I posted in another thread:
com_showHeadTrack defaults to 0, but you can set it to 1. When you do that, it shows you the head-tracking data. For me it just says "0 0 bypass 0.00000 deg" in big letters in the middle of the screen.
I got screen warping working! You need to set it to Full SBS in the 3D menu (otherwise the command does nothing), then use the console command:
stereoRender_warp 1
There are a bunch of other stereoRender_ commands, you can see a list by typing "stereoRender" and pressing Tab.
You can try turning on head tracking like this:
headTrack_enable 1
There's also a bunch of other headTrack_ commands, you can see a list by typing "head" and pressing Tab.
There's also "win_freeSpacePredictMilliseconds", "r_useHmdBypass", "com_testHmdBypass", "freespace_serialNumber 21", and "g_fov" that might be useful.
Note, most of those are not in the source code, so they may have also been removed in the patch.
Parity
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Parity »

Hm, so obviously no list has been put together so far.

Thanks for the replies so far, but I ment something different with "shift both images apart".

We do have an image for the left eye and one for the right eye (lets call them "halfes").
I can reduce the size of the halfes with the TargetFraction command to occupie only a part of the screen. But the halfes are always as close together as possible. I was looking for a command to horizontally reposition the halfes, so that there is a black area between them (and they match my IPD).
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

There's also:

Code: Select all

idCVar stereoRender_warpCenterX( "stereoRender_warpCenterX", "0.5", CVAR_RENDERER | CVAR_FLOAT | CVAR_ARCHIVE, "center for left eye, right eye will be 1.0 - this" );
idCVar stereoRender_warpCenterY( "stereoRender_warpCenterY", "0.5", CVAR_RENDERER | CVAR_FLOAT | CVAR_ARCHIVE, "center for both eyes" );
Parity
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Parity »

I think I tried those already without any effect. Will look into it later.
Matoz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matoz »

Anyone got Doom BFG set up for a 7" Screen? Unfortunately stereoRender_warpCenterX does not have any effect. I got best results by setting stereoRender_warpTargetfraction to 0.75 what effectively makes the images smaller. Does anyone with checked out source code have a clue why stereoRender_warpCenter does not work?
Epxzz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Epxzz »

I think making the screen smaller using warpTargetFraction also makes disortion correction wrong. If you look at a horizontal line (e.g. a door) and move your head left and right, you can see a bump following your head motion (I think this is the reason why I have headache right now).
I'm not sure about how to fix this. Maybe the warp (stereoRender_warpCenterX) has a correct size/center if warpTargetFraction is set to 1. Maybe the underlying 2D image must be moved/scaled (without moving the camera in 3D space)?

Return to “Oculus VR”