pre-kickstarter funder thread

Alkapwn
Cross Eyed!

Re: pre-kickstarter funder thread

Post by Alkapwn »

That's the same boat that I'm in. The Order e-mail was on March 15th. And they're supposed to start arriving on the 28th. I wasn't sure if we'd get another e-mail when we get a tracking number, meaning it's still a few days out, or if it'd arrive today at work, and they were just a little behind on the tracking number e-mail. Sadly, still not sure. The anticipation is killing me!
German
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by German »

Not all Kickstarters have received a shipping notice either, so I figure if we're in that group like cybereality said then we may still have a bit of a wait.
sambeckett
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sambeckett »

No shipping notice for either of my orders ( the free one for being pre-kickstarter) or the 2nd one I ordered within a minute of launch.

I have received HTC Vive boxed shipment notice tho. (which I also ordered within a minute of launch) Would be weird to get that first....

I did have fun watching Palmer today play games with giantbomb. They had great coverage of all the release titles, watched most of the 12 hours...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Got my Rift today. Just set it up, it's great.
Rift_Box_01.jpg
Rift_Box_02.jpg
Rift_Box_03.jpg
Got a flexible tripod to mount of the back of my monitor arm.
Rift_Mount_01.jpg
Rift_Mount_02.jpg
Rift_Mount_03.jpg
Just ran through the Dreamdeck and some of Dead Secret. It's awesome!

If you haven't got a tracking number, don't fret too much. It probably won't be long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sambeckett
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sambeckett »

~66 CV1 units signed! SUPER NEATo!!!

This ebay poster said,
This item is on hand and ready to ship upon a successful bid. Box was opened only to take pictures and all items are still in the original plastic. You will also receive a printout with the (EVE: Valkyrie Founder's Pack!) redemption code for a free copy of the game. I have this auction set to 5 days so it can ship out first thing Monday April 4th via UPS ground.

Recommended PC Specs to run the Rift properly: ....

I donated to this kickstarter in their first week several years ago. I had some money at the time and really wanted to help make this happen. The amount donated qualified me for an autographed DK1 dev kit and it appears they also signed my CV1 box/kickstarter card! That's Palmer Luckeys' signature! They didn't sign the Rift itself like they did the DK1, only the box and kickstarter card as shown.

I am pleased to see Palmer and crew bring this to fruition but I unfortunately do not have the money to build a proper PC to run it. I know they have worked hard to make this a great experience. I am sure whoever ends up winning the bid will have a lot of fun and "Oh Wow!" moments.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1 ... 1723696989
from kickstarter:
Pledge $500 or more 66 backers
SIGNED EARLY RIFT DEVELOPER KIT + DOOM 3 BFG + T-SHIRT + POSTER: A developer kit, a copy of Doom 3 BFG, access to the Oculus Developer Center, the t-shirt, and the poster- all signed by the entire Oculus team! (Please add $30 for international shipping)
Estimated delivery:
Dec 2012
It would be cool if ours were singed by the Team and/or Zuckerberg, but I'm guessing not. Shouldn't be long to wait tho, my box is marked as shipped.
German

Post by German »

Yeah, got the processing email yesterday afternoon and mine is marked as shipped today too. No tracking number though.

It would be nice to get a signed one and stuff but yeah, I don't think that's happening. Oh well.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

Should we start a conversation about some sweet Oculus avatar designation, something only Palmer would recognize. Of course, that would make us easy to be hunted down I suppose. Might make for a good movie though. Who is going to play you? (hopefully not that first, or any, kickstart phenom)

(I kid, I kid, but I think Carrottop could play me... maybe early, skinny Carrot top).

EDIT- wwoooooowooot tomorrow tomorrow.......UPS.... tomorrow, its only a day away (just got tracking info)

I am in central WA, so seems like it had a little speed on the shipment.
Alkapwn
Cross Eyed!

Post by Alkapwn »

So heads up for people still waiting, I got the order ready to be shipped e-mail this afternoon, followed by a tracking number later that night. And now that the tracking number is live and active, it appears that it should get here by end of day tomorrow.

So once the shipping process starts, it seems to go pretty quickly after that.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Awesome news!
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Glad yours turned-up ok, no luck in the UK yet - should have asked John to bring some with him! :P
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

That's hilarious!!!
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Cyber sorry, but I am very sad.....my order was cancelled (two times) becose my adress was in germany and my CC from Slovakia... and free rift to Germany - to today nothing, no mail, ....only ordered 15/03/2016......ou ou ou - bad..... :cry:
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

I got my CV1 a couple days ago. I only have a GTX-670 to drive it, so it complains that I have substandard hardware. However, the apps I tried work quite well, so others who have slightly substandard hardware probably have little to worry about (unless trying apps that really do push the limits of the video card).

I wanted to see how poorly it would do on my core i7 quad laptop (with nvidia GPU). However, the setup app says I need to update my video driver (and refuses to continue until I do), and nvidia says I have the latest driver. I wish I could make the setup program skip to the next step just so I could do my test (for educational purposes).

I wanted to make apps for this device that are very low resource and can work on even very minimal hardware (perhaps even a raspberry pi, for certain experimental apps). It sucks that the setup program refuses to even install in this case -- I need a low resource system to test on...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Even if you got past the installer check, the drivers don't work on laptops.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

what the hell? when did you post that? it reads like you posted back in 2012, and it finally displayed today...8yrs late. weirdest zombie graveyard post I have ever seen. BUT! as a preeker myself, well it is nice to seen a kindred spriit. For my $500, I got two DK1's, and then the free kickstarter unit. Did NOT get any of the extra perks that preekers we expecting, but oh well, look at the state of things now! Happy to be part of that original seed.

Return to “Oculus VR”