DIY Oculus Rift - schematics, instructions and build pics!

vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: DIY Oculus Rift - schematics, instructions and build pic

Post by vr-smart »

https://vk.com/public80809458 in the last video shows the module including a display 1920 or 2560, and tracking by inserting it into any device you get Oculus Rift (even kardbord) Oculus software defines it as Oculus Rift, works as the original. Tracker is not yet inserted, but it will be to the left of scarves converter. en'll put next week. putting these two modules are available with a resolution of Oculus 5000+ but do not use split screens through software Oculus, a slightly different method. Tracking and works as defined by Oculus, 150 usd price if we can find investment
Last edited by vr-smart on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

Hornet wrote:When would be your 2500*2500 x2 dual display with board available? can you estimate it? I am interested. Thx
5120/2880 real resolution, sorry for inaccuracy, no fee is not ready until use two, the total investment in the project is 3.5 thousand dollars to start production needs at least 20 thousand dollars to me is the amount of space.
The project includes a helmet with integrated electronics (Oculus Rift) video camera to shoot 360, omni analogue (I do not know what to call it in English), a weapon for VR games. helmet with permission 5000+ and simplified analogue of Google Glass
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

We are happy to take the team a man from the United States or other countries (not Russia) because it is difficult to buy MCUs and we can not participate in the Kickstarter
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Are you using 2*2 =4 x 2560*1440 screens in you project? Or it is special screen? Thx
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

Hornet wrote:Are you using 2*2 =4 x 2560*1440 screens in you project? Or it is special screen? Thx
2560*1440
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Are thre 4 screens or 1 scren?
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

I started making video instructions how to make home Oculus, if you need https://boomstarter.ru/projects/61858/v ... _slozhnomu this simple guide is designed for those who do not know how to program or even a few skills
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

instruction designed to Russia, because Russia Oculus in price from 600 to 1000
nvcheeko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nvcheeko »

will this screen work with PS4 input or can it only be configured through a PC, I'm thinking a little 2D to 3D pass-through for the PS4, i just want HMD no head-tracking as yet.

Cheers
skyegreen42
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skyegreen42 »

Hey guys! A while ago, I had an idea that would fix the problem with the Oculus. Price. Although the Oculus Rift costs 350 dollars, it would cost about 1500 dollars to build a PC for the Rift. What if there was a VR device that did all the hard work, on the HMD itself? How would that work?

How I think this could work:

The Motion VR would have a simple GPU that renders one VR panel, reducing the GPU load on the computer. The GPU inside the computer would render the other panel. With a specific SDK, the computer can render one panel, and send information to the HMD so the HMD can render the other panel. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this should bump down the system requirements for running a VR headset. Besides the GPU, there would be extra ram (about 2 GB) inside the Motion VR.

MVR-PT1:

A prototype is in production. The prototype will definitely look like a prototype, no doubt about that! This prototype wont have the integrated GPU :cry: . Since I am terrible at soldering, the display board will be integrated. Unless one of you guys can explain how to extend the LVDS cable with hdmi, I am clueless :? .

Specs:
7'' 1280x800 60HZ Panel
LCD Driver Board with VGA and HDMI
5X Pocket Loupe Aspheric Lens
Foam Core
Fabric (outer shell)
Head Tracker

Sadly, No low persistence, unless I overclock to 71HZ which I might do.

Concept Sketches:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sirlinium
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sirlinium »

hi,

any news from projects with this topfoison screen ?
vr-smart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr-smart »

Hello, tell a little about the project, we have released a test batch of 100 helmets, the helmet can work with Android and a PC. Now working on eyetreking, develop new board controller not to use displays topfoyson and put other displ with a resolution of 2560-1440, at the moment only on this resolution can be hardware receive frequency of 60, using 4k res to the matrix only 30. We put old okulus tracker, but is now made compatible with the format of the tracker open vr and osvr, as well as the new tracker similar to htc valve. found first investments, discussing the next round now derive new products compatible with the format of open VR, is a helmet with a display 2560-1440 and tracker without camera, helmet 1 display and tracking system of the whole body (no cams), a helmet with a review of 210 degrees, and a platform VR. Just working on a synchronous system of illumination and the pixel frequency
server1991
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by server1991 »

Can anyone share schematic of HDMI to MIPI converter(s)?

Return to “Oculus VR”