DIY Oculus Rift - schematics, instructions and build pics!

3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: DIY Oculus Rift - schematics, instructions and build pic

Post by 3dvison »

vrvision wrote:
3dvison wrote:bobjwatts Thanks, How the heck did I forget Doom 3...LOL..You could say it started this whole RIFT Craze.

I was looking into the LaserEdge 10 inch build also.
But I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a controller for that 10 inch screen. Anyone know where to get the controller for that screen ? Screen (AUO B101UAN02.1)

I cant find the screen, do you have link for it?
Laser said he was using the AUO B101UAN02.1 panel.
I see what you mean vrvision, a Google search for it brings up a lot of results, but I am not sure any are places I can buy it from.
Maybe Laser will chime in with a link to buy the Panel and controller board at.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

Wow, lots of interesting builds here!
LGs new 7-inch 1920×1200 display looks very interesting for a DYI rift.
LaserEdge
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LaserEdge »

3dvison wrote:bobjwatts Thanks, How the heck did I forget Doom 3...LOL..You could say it started this whole RIFT Craze.

I was looking into the LaserEdge 10 inch build also.
But I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a controller for that 10 inch screen. Anyone know where to get the controller for that screen ? Screen (AUO B101UAN02.1)
The best way to get an AUO B101UAN02.1 screen is to look for replacement screens for the Acer Iconia Tab A700. I got mine off eBay from a seller named cui1873.

For the controller board I used the NJY2662 board from njytouch. I had to reprogram the board with parallel programmer to get it to work with the AUO B101UAN02.1. If you ask njytouch they might program it for you. Tell them you want it programmed with the "1920x1200 d8_2662V20" program.
adoral84
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by adoral84 »

While we're all sitting around holding our breaths waiting for our shipment notifications from Oculus I thought I'd share my Half-Life 2 VR mod I've been working on. If you have a Hillcrest tracker and an HMD you should check it out.

Assuming you're using a hillcrest tracker and have something that takes care of the warping and SBS rendering this should work with a DIY rift (I'll be jealous if it does though as I've been doing everything on my ski-goggle modded HMZ).
- 3 DOF true headtracking (not mouse emulation) + a head/neck model for some basic translation
- Transparent HUD that fades in when relevant information changes (taking damage, reloading etc)
- You can lower your gun ("use" key can toggle it as well as many of the actions like sprinting, picking up items, etc) because constantly having a gun in your face (when you aren't fighting) is an immersion killer... This also hides the crosshairs so there's effectively no HUD
- Removed all head kicks from both user weapons and enemy attacks (like getting hit in the face with a CP baton)
- Full support for custom tracker orientation (autocalibration coming soon)
- support for gamepad / mouse turning in addition to the tracker yaw
- smoothed out the tracking a bit more
- an installer (**when selecting the installation directory, point it to you "Steam" folder)
Here's the thread with more info and a download link if you're interested:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16174
Unclebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Unclebob »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JUSTOP-G1-Wirel ... 929&sr=8-2

Going to use this with my Android Nexus 7 build as a 'head tracker'

Tried Freepie but too much drift.

If it works will post complete build details as a cheap solution while we wait

UB
UB

Don't try this at home folks....
jaybug

Post by jaybug »

Made a deal with with my girlfriend where I shipped the Hillcrest tracker to her, and she would not give it to me until I'm a month smoke-free.

I should not have said a month... :P There's no arguing it now. No pleading will help.

She's now got the tracker, and I'm 26 days away from gclaiming it. At best.
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

Good luck Jaybug, it'll be worth it to help you kick the habit, sounds like great motivation :)
German

Post by German »

I haven't see anyone post this yet, someone made a 3D printed enclosure for the Nexus 7:

(click for Thingiverse link)

He used some real cheap children's binocular 30mm lenses and says he "[doesn't] have any clue about 3D, Optics or VR - but i Tell you this thing works."

I might modify it for the 50mm loupe lenses give it a shot once I see the Nexus 7 drop in price.
zeroxygen
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zeroxygen »

Lol "it is huge!". That is awesome. I need a 3d printer now.
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Post by TheLostBrain »

virror wrote:Wow, lots of interesting builds here!
LGs new 7-inch 1920×1200 display looks very interesting for a DYI rift.
Hell, I like their 5.5 myself. ;)
http://www.androidfamily.net/2013/01/10 ... -ces-2013/
My Current VR Setup
- N-Vision Datavisor 80 HMD (1280x1024, 80 FOV at 100% Overlap)
- Ascension Technology Flock of Birds 6DOF Magnetic Tracking + Extended Range Transmitter
- Prototype HMD (~100 FOV) - Specs and design to be shared after patent issued.
- IZ3D for non stereo-ready apps
- GlovePie for TrackIR emulation for apps without native Ascension Tech FOB Support
http://www.thelostbrain.com/?tag=/head+mounted+display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mart
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mart »

No Head Tracking! - Snif! - but i added an IPHONE 4s Bracket on the Top of the Device
:?:

How does adding an iPhone 4S to a Nexus 7 (which has a built in accelerometer and magometer) help with headtracking?
German

Post by German »

I almost have my DIY assembled. Are there any threads that just have references to stereoscopic images/video formatted for the Rift? I've looked around the sub-forum but I don't see anything obvious. I recall stuff scattered throughout the threads I've read but to try to find them again is going to take some time.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You can find some video links posted four pages ago in this thread :
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 969#p92969

There is also the pre-warped image from John Carmack :
https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statu ... 0311677952
German

Post by German »

Fredz wrote:You can find some video links posted four pages ago in this thread :
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 969#p92969

There is also the pre-warped image from John Carmack :
https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statu ... 0311677952
Thanks a lot!

Here's what mine looks like now. Need to run to the store and get some black tape.

This strap is not long enough for where I can mount it easily. It would probably be uncomfortable to wear after awhile.

Even though it's not great for the circuit board, the BNC and terminator make an excellent strap post to get it on and off.

Need tape to wrap around and seal out external light.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

@German: Not too shabby. OK. Well, maybe a little shabby, but its a start.
German

Post by German »

cybereality wrote:@German: Not too shabby. OK. Well, maybe a little shabby, but its a start.
Yeah, I'll wrap it all nice in black in a little bit. I just wanted to get it up and running to make sure my dimensions were right for the new foam core lens holder I had to make for this screen. And to see what a Rift looked like for myself! These videos are pretty wild. I'm really enjoying this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YiGrthiHsI

It has side-by-side but not setup for Rift so the aspect ratio is wrong but still fun to watch!
German

Post by German »

Here's the foam board template in AutoCAD DWG and PDF formats for one of those 5D II 5.6" Digital LCD 1280*800 HDMI DSLR Camera Monitor that you can get from ebay for about $216 like this:

It's based on rfurlan's great template for raw LCD/controllers and has the same IPD. The way it is built, you want to cut the 5mm rabbits or channels(cut through the top layer and foam but not the bottom) on the edges of the lens holder face and then fold the side over to make a box. I use T-pins through the sides of corners after they were folded to pin them together and make them nice and square. Then you could glue or just tape it all together like I did.

shent1080
Cross Eyed!

Post by shent1080 »

Very nice!!!
Mel

Post by Mel »

German wrote:Here's the foam board template in AutoCAD DWG and PDF formats for one of those 5D II 5.6" Digital LCD 1280*800 HDMI DSLR Camera Monitor that you can get from ebay for about $216 like this:

It's based on rfurlan's great template for raw LCD/controllers and has the same IPD. The way it is built, you want to cut the 5mm rabbits or channels(cut through the top layer and foam but not the bottom) on the edges of the lens holder face and then fold the side over to make a box. I use T-pins through the sides of corners after they were folded to pin them together and make them nice and square. Then you could glue or just tape it all together like I did.
Are you finding it heavy? I used the same 'monitor' for mine, but removed the guts, and I still find it heavy. Mind you, I went with a baseball cap mounting and only a short segment of a ski mask's nose piece for nose support. If I were to do it all over again, I'd definitely go with the full ski mask approach.
German

Post by German »

Mel wrote: Are you finding it heavy? I used the same 'monitor' for mine, but removed the guts, and I still find it heavy. Mind you, I went with a baseball cap mounting and only a short segment of a ski mask's nose piece for nose support. If I were to do it all over again, I'd definitely go with the full ski mask approach.
Yeah, it's mashing my nose bad. I added an overhead strap which helped but it's still kind of uncomfortable. I'm thinking about trying the top tripod mount with a face shield headband and a cantilevered arm to hold it.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

I am building my Diy Rift using the welding helmet headgear type of design.
I put a bracket at the back of the headgear that allows me to add counter weights as needed, this lets me keep the back of the HMD balanced with the front, which is needed when I switch between the 5X plastic lenses to the heavier Leep on the cheap glass lenses.
The counter weight seems to make a nice difference in comfort.
Even when using the lighter 5x plastic lenses, I can put a small weight on, and it still makes a nice difference in comfort with those lenses also.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

UPDATE: There is now a dedicated thread for this sub-topic:
Fresnel lens stack for "supernatural" FoV
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=16373

Although I have the recommended 5x lenses, I just tried an experiment with a cheap dollar store "Page Magnifier Bookmark" plastic fresnel lens with fine pitched ridges. It is about 2 inches tall and 6 inches wide. I cut it into 3 pieces each two inches wide and overlapped them (all with ridges toward the eye, no rotation). Then I cut out the corners to fit my nose and inner eye brow. When in focus on my Nexius 7 screen, it completely fills my horizontal FoV, including where my nose should be and as far as I can stretch my gaze away from my nose. That is more FoV than my natural FoV. Although it causes chromatic aberation on text (mostly blue), that is rarely noticeable in a game environment.

I played one of cybereality's Rift-adjusted videos from the Vireo Perception thread at fullscreen on my Nexus 7 (7-inch LCD), and it was great. If you normally wear glasses, but blurriness at the corners is less than from real glasses (even large aviator-style lenses). In fact, after having such a super-normal FoV, it makes me much more aware of my eyeglass frames (and my nose) which are obstructing FoV that I saw inside the game environment. MUCH better than I had expected, and extremely lightweight lenses.

I got the idea from an old "Virtual Reality Construction" book that came with fresnel lenses and a cardboard fold-up frame, which had a string to tape to a CRT monitor so it could hang down against the screen and to use like binoculars on a displayed stereo image. These cheap dollar store lenses are much higher quality (finer pitch) than used in that device.

By overlapping the fresnel outer edges, their extreme offset simulate looking through the edges of the 5x lenses causing more geometric distortion (desirable in this case, pushing the image beyond the nose boundary).

Any perceived distortion is quickly lost in the game environment in my experience, but it could be compensated in software (including shifting blue for chromatic aberration adjustments).

And these lenses are cheap too (only one dollar per eye from my local dollar store).

Here is the lens I used (UPC 731015162413):
http://www.dollardays.com/i789846-whole ... ml?print=1

This is a popular lens available from many stores, but most places sell it in multiples of 24:
http://www.antarespro.com/5977131-item- ... 62413.aspx

I may mount my cut-down fresnel lenses very close to my eyes in modified swim goggles (also available from my local dollar store):
http://www.fishingdiscountdirect.com/pr ... direct.com

And I may try attaching my Nexus 7 to dollar store saftey goggles like these (but they may need a better strap):
http://www.dollartree.com/Tool-Bench-Sa ... /index.pro

Last edited by geekmaster on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Interesting stuff, geekmaster. Can you clarify the steps for how you modified the lens? A photo is worth a thousand words :-)
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

iknow everyone on this forum loves oculus rift but isnt creating a diy rift disrespectfull in the eyes of oculus ?
jf031
Cross Eyed!

Post by jf031 »

Kirito wrote:iknow everyone on this forum loves oculus rift but isnt creating a diy rift disrespectfull in the eyes of oculus ?
Totally; that's why this thread has been going on for almost 6 months on a forum where Palmer is a moderator.

(come on)
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

jf031 wrote:
Kirito wrote:iknow everyone on this forum loves oculus rift but isnt creating a diy rift disrespectfull in the eyes of oculus ?
Totally; that's why this thread has been going on for almost 6 months on a forum where Palmer is a moderator.

(come on)
:cry: sorry
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Mel wrote:Interesting stuff, geekmaster. Can you clarify the steps for how you modified the lens? A photo is worth a thousand words :-)
I held the lens stack to my eyes with my fingers. The swim goggles were just an idea. The cut down plastic cups from previous posts may actually work better, but I want to see how the swim goggles work out just to satisfy my curiosity. ;)

EDIT: I misread the post I quoted above. See my next post below for a better reply.
Last edited by geekmaster on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mel

Post by Mel »

geekmaster wrote:
Mel wrote:Interesting stuff, geekmaster. Can you clarify the steps for how you modified the lens? A photo is worth a thousand words :-)
I held the lens stack to my eyes with my fingers. The swim goggles were just an idea. The cut down plastic cups from previous posts may actually work better, but I want to see how the swim goggles work out just to satisfy my curiosity. ;)
I guess it's that 'stacking' thing I'm asking about. You said you cut it into three pieces, so what's the stacking arrangement such that three pieces covers both eyes?
jf031
Cross Eyed!

Post by jf031 »

I'm going to go ahead and apologize to you, Kirito. Sorry for being rude.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

I guess it's that 'stacking' thing I'm asking about. You said you cut it into three pieces, so what's the stacking arrangement such that three pieces covers both eyes?
My camera battery is dead so words will have to suffice for now.

I cut the fresnel portion of the lens into three pieces about 2 inches wide. Then I stacked them with the ruler marks at top and bottom and ridges toward my face. I don't think the stacking order matters, but I stacked them left edge piece, then right edge piece, then center piece (starting from the side closest to the eye). Then I trimmed the edge toward my nose until the lens stack fit comfortably under my eye brow and overlapping the bridge of my nose. Be sure to keep the ridged (non-smooth) side of all 3 lens elements towards your eye. Then do the same with another lens stack for the other eye.
Last edited by geekmaster on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sounds good, geekmaster. I always thought that fresnels would work well.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

cybereality wrote:Sounds good, geekmaster. I always thought that fresnels would work well.
I am surprised at how well it worked with these newer cheap fine-pitched fresnel lenses. By stacking them, I am taking advantage of the extreme off-center distortion from the edges of these 6-inch diamemeter lenses. Due to my stacking arrangement it does not stretch vertically near the edges as much as horizontally, but still it looks amazing, and the correction you used in your "rift-adjusted" video actually shows doorways as rectangular in these lens stacks. There is more chromatic abberation near the edges (mostly blue), but that could be adjusted in software. Even when I rotate my eyes in their sockets (painfully) to their extreme positions, all I can see is video (even where my nose should be), giving me a "supernatural" FoV.
:woot
For low-power devices (no GPU) I plan to use a software displacement map to do the geometric and chromatic correction, like this:

I used displacement mapping like this for animated "magnifying glass" effects back in the early 90's, when 360x480 256-color VGA (Michael Abrash's "Mode X") and 386 CPUs were state-of-the-art. It should work well on low-power devices to correct for lens distortion.

BTW, the fresnel lenses that came with the cardboard "HMD" in the "Virtual Reality Creations" book were much coarser pitch than these dollar store fresnel lenses, and consequently did not work as well. Here is that book:
http://books.google.com/books/about/Vir ... AIAQAAMAAJ

And these are listed at Amazon as "new", so may even come with the fresnel googles:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

I have been into 3D for about 55 years now. It was always a big thing in my family. I have my grandmother's stereopticon viewer and a large collection of 3D cards for it:

I was thinking about trying to stick my Nexus 7 into my stereopticon in place of a 3D card. A classic steampunk HMD, for sure... ;)
Last edited by geekmaster on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mel

Post by Mel »

geekmaster wrote:
My camera battery is dead so words will have to suffice for now.

I cut the fresnel portion of the lens into three pieces about 2 inches wide. Then I stacked them with the ruler marks at top and bottom and ridges toward my face. I don't think the stacking order matters, but I stacked them left edge piece, then right edge piece, then center piece (starting from the side closest to the eye). Then I trimmed the edge toward my nose until the lens stack fit comfortably under my eye brow and overlapping the bridge of my nose. Be sure to keep the ridged (non-smooth) side of all 3 lens elements towards your eye. Then do the same with another lens stack for the other eye.
Ahhh...two stacks of three. Gotcha, and thanks.

Gonna give this a go on my Nexus 7.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

I need to get another fresnel magnifier. I only have a fresnel lens stack for one eye. I just tried the Fov2Go demo on my Nexus 7 (held in my left hand), while holding the lens stack (with taped top and bottom edges) to my right eye (close enough to brush eyelashes on it). With my left eye closed, I turned slowly around while standing, which navigated me around in the VR space of the Fov2Go demo. When turning at a casual pace, such as when exploring the scenery, it was very immersive without noticable latency. However, when turning quickly, the latency caused an immediate dizzy feeling that persists several minutes later (along with a feeling that I was punched in the stomach). It does not help that I just ate a meal a few minutes before trying this demo and I still have a full stomach.

Now, turning my head OUTSIDE the VR environment increases my vertigo. I am normally not prone to motion sickness, so perhaps the "supernatural" FoV increased my proximity to the "uncanny valley" (which is known to cause queasiness)...

I will need to turn slowly when using the Nexus 7 internal IMU (or at least the Fov2Go implementation of it). Now, I am anxious to get another fresnel magnifier, and to construct a cardboard and tape mount and shroud to hold the lenses in place at the correct position in front of my Nexus 7 display. I will try using dollar store safety goggle first, before purchasing more expensive sky goggles.

The goal here is to create a template for an extremely inexpensive add-on for an Android tablet, using locally available cheap components. Just for "fun", you know? :P

Then later I will use my 5x loupe aspheric lenses (if I can remember where I put them "away").
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by MSat »

Very interesting, geekmaster! I'm trying to wrap my head around the premise of the stacked fresnels, and why it should work, but I might just have to stop by the dollar store tomorrow and see what they got to try it out for myself. What is your thought on image quality? Does it remain clear overall? Also, if they're giving a super wide FOV on a 7", would they still work well on smaller displays (I suppose this really depends on the fresnel design, correct)?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

MSat wrote:Very interesting, geekmaster! I'm trying to wrap my head around the premise of the stacked fresnels, and why it should work, but I might just have to stop by the dollar store tomorrow and see what they got to try it out for myself. What is your thought on image quality? Does it remain clear overall? Also, if they're giving a super wide FOV on a 7", would they still work well on smaller displays (I suppose this really depends on the fresnel design, correct)?
How much it stretches the image depends on how close it is to your eye. Mine focuses with the triple stack at less than two inches, but I am near-sighted (myopic). YMMV. For a smaller display you may need another lens element for greater magnification.

At the "sweet spot", the image is surprisingly good with sharp focus. With different fresnels, it may not be as good a focus. I have seen many fresnel magnifiers with much coarser pitch (sginificantly fewer ridges per inch). I recommend the ones I showed in my first post on this, but at least get the finest pitch fresnel magnifier that you can find.

The angle of the lens stack is important too -- it should be roughly parallel to the screen surface (but adjust it for best image). And very close to your eye, which required trimming to clear your nose and inner eyebrow ridge. And ridges inward toward the eye for all lenses too...

The lens stack using the outer edges of the 6-inch lens scretches the image horizontal edges much more than vertical. However, and my optimum focus, the vertical (just barely) covers my full FoV. I actually lose a small amount of the horizontal image, but nothing that detracts from immersion.

I will take some pictures of the lenses and through the lenses when I get around to charging my camera battery. :mrgreen:
Last edited by geekmaster on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by MSat »

geekmaster wrote:
MSat wrote:Very interesting, geekmaster! I'm trying to wrap my head around the premise of the stacked fresnels, and why it should work, but I might just have to stop by the dollar store tomorrow and see what they got to try it out for myself. What is your thought on image quality? Does it remain clear overall? Also, if they're giving a super wide FOV on a 7", would they still work well on smaller displays (I suppose this really depends on the fresnel design, correct)?
How much it stretches the image depends on how close it is to your eye. Mine focuses with the triple stack at less than two inches, but I am near-sighted (myopic). YMMV. For a smaller display you may need another lens element for greater magnification.

At the "sweet spot", the image is surprisingly good with sharp focus. With different fresnels, it may not be as good a focus. I have seen many fresnel magnifiers with much coarser pitch (sginificantly fewer ridges per inch). I recommend the ones I showed in my first post on this, but at least get the finest pitch fresnel magnifier that you can find.

The angle of the lens stack is important too -- it should be roughly parallel to the screen surface (but adjust it for best image). And very close to your eye, which required trimming to clear your nose and inner eyebrow ridge. And ridges inward toward the eye for all lenses too...

The lens stack using the outer edges of the 6-inch lens scretches the image horizontal edges much more than vertical. However, and my optimum focus, the vertical (just barely) covers my full FoV. I actually lose a small amount of the horizontal image, but nothing that detracts from immersion.

I will take some picture of the lenses and through the lenses when I get around to charging my camera battery. :mrgreen:
The thought of being able to get a high FOV out of smaller displays without the need for heavyish Leep-style optics is extremely interesting!

Btw, I had an English teacher back in highschool that had one of those stereopticons in his class. Coolest and most memorable teacher I ever had - even without it (but it certainly helped) :)
MaterialDefender

Post by MaterialDefender »

@Geekmaster: how bad is the chromatic aberration with fresnels? I already wondered whether fresnel lenses might make sense some time ago, but came to the conclusion that CA would most likely be much worse than with good aspheric lenses.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

MaterialDefender wrote:@Geekmaster: how bad is the chromatic aberration with fresnels? I already wondered whether fresnel lenses might make sense some time ago, but came to the conclusion that CA would most likely be much worse than with good aspheric lenses.
The chromatic aberration is mostly at the edges of the total FoV, with blue stretched farther than other colors. This causes objects to have a bluish inner edge and yellowish outer edge, mostly visible on text or other sharp high contrast content. Not very visible on "realistic" scenery such as in games. And it does not detract significantly from immersion, which is the main goal here. This is not a desktop environment. And if required, the chromatic aberration could be compensated in software.

The centers are sharp and devoid of chromatic aberration. And with head tracking, the edges are just peripheral vision and not a big problem. Just having moving VR content there (even if distorted) is vastly superior than having that portion shrouded from view. You really need to experience it. After having a "supernatural" FoV, going back to normal vision makes you very aware of the visibility of your nose, eyebrows, and cheeks as you roll your eyes around in their sockets. All those natural occlusions contain VR video with my fresnel lens stacks close to my eyes, and although those boundary pixels are somewhat distorted, they ARE part of the peripheral vison and contribute greatly to immersion.

The key to this is the very fine pitch (ridges per inch) of the fresnels I used (and recommended above). These work MUCH better than attempts in the past that used much coarser pitch (fewer ridges per inch) than these. I believe that the focus is better and the chromatic aberration is less annoying with these newer cheaper fresnel magnifiers.
Last edited by geekmaster on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MaterialDefender

Post by MaterialDefender »

You make me really curious... Since I'll disassemble my build anyway to put in new lenses, I guess I will try to find some good fresnels too for testing.

Return to “Oculus VR”